Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Montana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f59/)
-   -   GT Falls?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f59/gt-falls-167168.html)

twaffled12 06-15-2012 11:50 PM

GT Falls??

Just moved to great falls anyone know any good trails?

Raif 06-16-2012 12:20 AM

I know hill 57 is fun to play on. There are some cool trails out towards the highwoods I know. Other than that I don't know.... And I should as that is my hometown. Me and a couple other jeeps and maybe a hummer 3 (lmfao) are getting together to lay down a mean thrash on Great Falls not this weekend but the next. We can swap contact info if you are interested.

twaffled12 06-17-2012 05:33 PM

yeh sounds good I can't do anything too crazy my jeep is all stock but sounds fun

Raif 06-17-2012 10:48 PM

Lots of easy stuff, as well as lots of challenging stuff to play on.

twaffled12 06-19-2012 09:29 AM

Sounds great when were you coming down again?

Raif 06-19-2012 10:37 AM

Me and one other guy are coming from livingston early Friday. We might have one more jeep and a P.O.F.S H3 meet us there.

twaffled12 06-21-2012 09:27 AM

Sounds good but i work until at least 3 on friday but any time after or during the weekend im free (i dont know how long you planned on staying)

Ubergopher 06-22-2012 10:26 AM

I just moved here too, I won't be able to make it this weekend 'cause of work, but if you all end up goin' out again, work willing I'd be good.

BigMT 06-28-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubergopher (Post 2502352)
I just moved here too, I won't be able to make it this weekend 'cause of work, but if you all end up goin' out again, work willing I'd be good.

Welcome to Montana Ubergopher!! We should get together and tear up Hill 57 sometime. Are you stationed out at Malmstrom?

twaffled12 06-29-2012 10:32 AM

You guys wanna go to 57 this weekend? I have a friend that wants to go

BigMT 06-29-2012 07:52 PM

That would be pretty cool! Let me know what day and time!

tjyj 07-09-2012 10:47 AM

I never knew or if Hill 57 was "private property" or not. I almost strolled up there the other day.

My bro and I just went up to Logging Creek area and Monarch Yesterday. Pretty much just dirt roads but a few trails you can play in. Fun though.

BigMT 07-09-2012 09:31 PM

I do know the front side of the hill from the bottom to the NW By Pass is private property. But you can access the hill from, I think Stucky Road in a couple places.

Raif 07-09-2012 11:45 PM

Do you know who owns it by chance?

BigMT 07-11-2012 04:35 PM

I got the ladies number from one of the "NO TRESPASSING" signs. A while ago I called to ask permission to use her road to get to the back side of Hill 57 and she wasn't very friendly. It kind of sucks because I only live 2 blocks away from the hill.

lee indy 07-11-2012 04:42 PM

i miss montana. lived in great falls for awhile. lots of fun stuff towards lincoln.

BigMT 07-12-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee indy
i miss montana. lived in great falls for awhile. lots of fun stuff towards lincoln.

I love the Lincoln area! Haven't been wheelin' there yet, but plan to soon.

tjyj 07-13-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMT
I do know the front side of the hill from the bottom to the NW By Pass is private property. But you can access the hill from, I think Stucky Road in a couple places.

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Does power hills still exist? Haha I haven't been there since I was almost in high school. I'm 24 now.. So almost 10 years.

BigMT 07-14-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjyj

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Does power hills still exist? Haha I haven't been there since I was almost in high school. I'm 24 now.. So almost 10 years.

Not sure?? I will do some asking around about Power Hill.

tjyj 07-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Not sure?? I will do some asking around about Power Hill.

Sweet. Do you have a Unlimited Jeep? Like the long jeep? I have seen it around recently a lot. The plate is a bunch of mm's and a few n's.

BigMT 07-16-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjyj (Post 2589712)
Sweet. Do you have a Unlimited Jeep? Like the long jeep? I have seen it around recently a lot. The plate is a bunch of mm's and a few n's.

Yah, I have an Unlimited, and I love drivin' her. So you probably have seen me around town a few times.

tjyj 07-17-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Yah, I have an Unlimited, and I love drivin' her. So you probably have seen me around town a few times.

Nice, I was always skeptical about those LJ styles, but I saw yours with a lift and some bigger tires and it looks pretty good.

Raif 07-17-2012 01:56 PM

Might head to the G-Funk this weekend, would you guys like to get together and tear it up? I bet eagles crossing will have a little mud. I still have to check if it is kosher to be there. But I have had cops stop to talk to us while stuck and we weren't trespassing as far as anyone knew. There are quads and dirtbikes there all the time. There are some no trespassing signs we stay away from though.

twaffled12 07-17-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raif
Might head to the G-Funk this weekend, would you guys like to get together and tear it up? I bet eagles crossing will have a little mud. I still have to check if it is kosher to be there. But I have had cops stop to talk to us while stuck and we weren't trespassing as far as anyone knew. There are quads and dirtbikes there all the time. There are some no trespassing signs we stay away from though.

If you head down this weekend let me know for sure

tjyj 07-17-2012 04:48 PM

I might be pretty busy this weekend. But if I get some free time maybe I'll come check stuff out. I don't have the best tires for mudding, nothing a tow rope can't fix though.

BigMT 07-17-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjyj (Post 2592941)
Nice, I was always skeptical about those LJ styles, but I saw yours with a lift and some bigger tires and it looks pretty good.

Thanks!:thumb: I was really uncertain about getting an LJ at first to. Now that I have one I love the extra room for family trips/camping. I've only had her since the beginning of March. My first jeep, and loving every minute!

Raif 07-19-2012 06:27 PM

Nice! Yeah I like the LJs a lot too. They look so good jacked up. Kinda disproportional when stock though.... I will head up tomorrow afternoon, that should put me in town around 7. I hope to see you guys around this weekend! Maybe at Hill 57 if it is safe. How bad was the fire?

BigMT 07-20-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raif (Post 2603070)
Nice! Yeah I like the LJs a lot too. They look so good jacked up. Kinda disproportional when stock though.... I will head up tomorrow afternoon, that should put me in town around 7. I hope to see you guys around this weekend! Maybe at Hill 57 if it is safe. How bad was the fire?

I agree with ya Raif! Stock LJ's are a little...odd. A little beefing up, and BAM whole different deal!
I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya on Hill 57. I only live 1...ish block from it, so if I hear anything I will head out there.
The fire barely did anything. Funny thing is that I was right there when it started... in my Jeep! A couple dinks were lighting off mortars and a tube tipped over :facepalm: that's all it took. I tried to help but it was beyond help by the time I got out of the Jeep. So I got the heck out of there!

tjyj 07-20-2012 05:10 PM

Haha I was watching the fireworks from the Black Eagle Community Center and saw that fire on hill 57 start. So I watched the fire for a while. Looked big from where I was.

Raif 07-21-2012 12:01 AM

At 57 now watching the storm. Cute little mud hole here! As of 11pm friday