Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Help with my Jeep wrangler (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/help-with-my-jeep-wrangler-167188.html)

IronPat 06-16-2012 07:59 AM

Help with my Jeep wrangler
 
Hey guys I am new here first post..
I am from Australia if that changes anything.

I am looking for some help pros and cons from you guys directly that have a jeep ..

Not sure what to go for there is too many models !

I am looking for something strong and if possible ok fuel consumption , to take it out through the bush mud hills and out with the boys to keep up with there big patrols and for camping and general fun but also good to drive on the road.

I see the turbo diesle uses less fuel that the v6 .. I am referring to the 2012 model . I am also new to 4x4 so I am going to do a course and pick up stuff from my mates .

I love the look of the black 2 door with some Crome not too much eg side skirt n mirror .
4 door is nice reminds me of a hummer just smaller .

Thanks in advance for your help I really areasiate it .

Raoul 06-16-2012 09:43 AM

Hi IronPat,

You'll want to ask in two Forums above this one, 'JK'.
You have asked in the land of square headlights.
We don't own anything from 2012 except maybe a newspaper and a gallon of milk.

atjanko 06-16-2012 09:55 AM

Raoul is correct, repost in the JK forum...you'll get a ton of opinions!!

Good luck!

Beastmaster 06-16-2012 09:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

IronPat 06-16-2012 10:00 AM

Thanks guys even earlier models such as 99 up wards preferr a lil newer like that look around 2003-2012 .
Any suggestions on makes , models ..
And unlimited by my understanding this just means the car is a lil bigger better wheels span ? Correct me if I'm wrong . Thanks

IronPat 06-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 2479532)
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Cheers mate , seems like a good form fairly new with form never no where to post lol nor how to move to the correct area lol

IronPat 06-16-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raoul (Post 2479499)
Hi IronPat,

You'll want to ask in two Forums above this one, 'JK'.
You have asked in the land of square headlights.
We don't own anything from 2012 except maybe a newspaper and a gallon of milk.

Cheers any sujjestions on earlier models from say year 2000 up ?.. And is the sport the basic jeep ? And the top is renagrade unlimited?

XJ Knight 06-16-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronPat (Post 2479556)
Cheers any sujjestions on earlier models from say year 2000 up ?.. And is the sport the basic jeep ? And the top is renagrade unlimited?

87-95 is the YJ. 97-06 is the TJ and 04-06 LJ (Long Wheel Base TJ). 07-Present JK and JKU.

The best off the self package is the Rubicon.. They were available from 03-06 for the TJ. 05 and 06 for the LJ. 07-Present for the JK and JKU. There were a few changes from the TJ/LJ Rubicon to the JK/JKU Rubicons. In short they came stock with GY MTR then BFG KM Tires, 4:1 low range,
F/R selectable lockers, and more.

The YJ had Leaf Springs F/R and the TJ, LJ, JK, and JKU have Coil Springs F/R

The engines changed through the years. Won't mention the diesels cause those aren't available to US wrangler owners and I know nothing about them. These are the gas engines available from 87-Now.. 2.5 I4, 4.2 I6, 4.0 I6, 2.4 I4, 3.8 V6, 3.6 V6.

Im not sure what a patrol is but with any of these jeeps, especially one properly equiped wether it be from the aftermarket or a rubicon from the factory you will be able to do laps around any other 4x4 on the market you find.

I could type all day here but instead so I don't have to lol, Google the Jeep Wrangler Wikipedia Page.. I highly recomend reading it.. You can learn a ton from it as it's very accurtate and informative..


WELCOME TO WF.. Where in australia do you live?

whiteyj 06-16-2012 10:38 AM

To the OP, I'll move your thread over to the JK side of things.

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

joe buell 06-16-2012 12:43 PM

I Must have missed something isn't this the JK forum????????????????????

jfbilbro 06-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe buell (Post 2479875)
I Must have missed something isn't this the JK forum????????????????????

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

IronPat 06-16-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 2479606)
87-95 is the YJ. 97-06 is the TJ and 04-06 LJ (Long Wheel Base TJ). 07-Present JK and JKU.

The best off the self package is the Rubicon.. They were available from 03-06 for the TJ. 05 and 06 for the LJ. 07-Present for the JK and JKU. There were a few changes from the TJ/LJ Rubicon to the JK/JKU Rubicons. In short they came stock with GY MTR then BFG KM Tires, 4:1 low range,
F/R selectable lockers, and more.

The YJ had Leaf Springs F/R and the TJ, LJ, JK, and JKU have Coil Springs F/R

The engines changed through the years. Won't mention the diesels cause those aren't available to US wrangler owners and I know nothing about them. These are the gas engines available from 87-Now.. 2.5 I4, 4.2 I6, 4.0 I6, 2.4 I4, 3.8 V6, 3.6 V6.

Im not sure what a patrol is but with any of these jeeps, especially one properly equiped wether it be from the aftermarket or a rubicon from the factory you will be able to do laps around any other 4x4 on the market you find.

I could type all day here but instead so I don't have to lol, Google the Jeep Wrangler Wikipedia Page.. I highly recomend reading it.. You can learn a ton from it as it's very accurtate and informative..


WELCOME TO WF.. Where in australia do you live?

Thanks mate I will do,
I live in Victoria bottom part of Aus near the capital city Melbourne ." dnt believe the movies we aren't bush ppl haha city's are basically the same as the US " unless you head to the middle of us that's where all the dessert and Full on bush is.

IronPat 06-17-2012 07:58 AM

Hello again guys i decided on my jeep just a few things to go ... i understand torque is was counts up hill so plz tell me what you think on these numbers,

On the Jeep sport 2012 Petrol engine -Producing 209kW at 6350rpm and 347Nm from 4300rpm, the new 3.6 litre Pentastar ,six-speed manual, the petrol engine lists fuel consumption figures of 8.7 l/100km in two-door form
By comparison, fuel consumption for the outgoing 3.8 litre V6 varied from 10.4 to 11.9 l/100km, depending on the model.

Direct-Injection turbo diesel engine - Euro V-compliant 2.8 litre four-cylinder common-rail diesel, delivering 147kW at 3600rpm
Torque is rated at 410Nm between 2200-2600rpm for the manual
Fuel consumption for the diesel is listed at 6.5 l/100km with the manual two-door

what should i go for ??? i have a turbo skyline and i no they need to be serviced a lot more than a normal car so i guessing the jeep is the same ?
thanks again guys great group

XJ Knight 06-17-2012 11:12 AM

Petrol is what they call gasoline in other parts of the world, Right??? Let me see if I can google translate that metric garble for everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronPat (Post 2482009)
Hello again guys i decided on my jeep just a few things to go ... i understand torque is was counts up hill so plz tell me what you think on these numbers,

On the Jeep sport 2012 Gas engine -Producing 284hp at 6350rpm and 256 ft lbs of torque from 4300rpm, the new 3.6 litre Pentastar ,six-speed manual, the gas engine lists fuel consumption figures of 27 mpg in two-door form
By comparison, fuel consumption for the outgoing 3.8 litre V6 varied from 22 to 18 mpg, depending on the model.

Direct-Injection turbo diesel engine - Euro V-compliant 2.8 litre four-cylinder common-rail diesel, delivering 197 hp at 3600rpm
Torque is rated at 310 ft lbs between 2200-2600rpm for the manual
Fuel consumption for the diesel is listed at 36 mpg with the manual two-door

what should i go for ??? i have a turbo skyline and i no they need to be serviced a lot more than a normal car so i guessing the jeep is the same ?
thanks again guys great group

Should be accurately translated. A friend of mine runs a club called melbourne 4x4 owners.. you should check them out when you buy your heep https://www.facebook.com/groups/360205937357314/


Once again won't speak to the diesel as I really know nothing about them but what I can say about what you said is the 3.6 and 3.8 with a non modified wranglers I have noticed the mpg to be nearly the same based on a zillion mpg threads. 17-25 mpg is what is common depending on city/highway/flat/hilly.. I know of one guy on here at least that runs a 2.8 diesel on here that lives in aussie, I'll let him know of this thread, maybe he can help on the diesel aspect of your inquiry

IronPat 06-17-2012 09:36 PM

Awesome thanks for that :) I will defiantly check it out

IronPat 06-17-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronPat
Awesome thanks for that :) I will defiantly check it out

Yeah in Australia we call it petrol sorry lol and gas is a cheep natural type fuel over here .lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.