Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Kentucky Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f65/)
-   -   Ky forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f65/ky-forum-167860.html)

Annienaaron09 06-19-2012 09:20 AM

Ky forum

The ky forum isn't very lively, isn't there anything going on in our state?

Zetsumei 06-19-2012 01:00 PM

I know someone is looking to make a trip to Dirty Turtle Off Road. There's not a ton of things going on in KY. We are all spread out I do believe.

JimmyT1964 06-19-2012 01:57 PM

we need a Jeep day

Annienaaron09 06-19-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyT1964 (Post 2490218)
we need a Jeep day

I agree. That would be fun. I do believe we are all very spread out as well so it makes it hard.

Zetsumei 06-19-2012 06:20 PM

It'd be tons of fun. Idk of anyone in Lexington. I know some people are in Louisville.

jordorunway 06-19-2012 07:14 PM

I dont have the set up to do much more than trail riding, my rig is all stock as of now, and it has to be my DD for the next 3 years lol. So i dont do much wheeling and stuff, i dont even know anyone with a wrangler. Im still a jeep newb lol first jeep and only had it a month. :whistling:

Annienaaron09 06-20-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordorunway (Post 2491280)
I dont have the set up to do much more than trail riding, my rig is all stock as of now, and it has to be my DD for the next 3 years lol. So i dont do much wheeling and stuff, i dont even know anyone with a wrangler. Im still a jeep newb lol first jeep and only had it a month. :whistling:

Mines stock and a dd as well. Maybe we could set up a ky jeep day and everyone meet in Frankfort. Take over the capital lol

Zetsumei 06-20-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordorunway (Post 2491280)

Mines a DD and, being in college, is going to be for a few years haha. I've done a 2.5" lift, front bumper and winch. I'll probably build my own rear bumper.

jordorunway 06-20-2012 02:47 PM

I would be investing in mods for my rig already but college is drains all the funds for me lol. Im gonna invest in the Bestop Trektop NX next week and then in a few months rims and tires. I would love to put a lift on but i dont have that kinda money laying around. But being in somerset sux, theres not alot of places to wheel at around here... well, as far as i know.

2002JeepApex 06-21-2012 03:03 AM

Mine is pretty much stock also I live in London ky pretty close to somerset. Ready to hit some trails this weekend

shane4x4 06-21-2012 03:21 PM

If u look at kentuckykrawlers.org they have a open trail ride on 6-30 its a stock/no locker ride I'm going on it . Good way to learn trails and looking to join a club. They r tryin to get more non members to to sec annual run they have had like this I live in Lancaster but work at lowes n Lex

Zetsumei 06-21-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane4x4
If u look at kentuckykrawlers.org they have a open trail ride on 6-30 its a stock/no locker ride I'm going on it . Good way to learn trails and looking to join a club. They r tryin to get more non members to to sec annual run they have had like this I live in Lancaster but work at lowes n Lex

How far away from Lexington is it? I'm in Lex.

shane4x4 06-21-2012 03:29 PM

In stanton natural bridge about 45 min. Need to have recovery points on front and back check out the site. Meet at McDonald's at 9 am this is my first ride with a group of jeeps

Zetsumei 06-21-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane4x4
In stanton natural bridge about 45 min. Need to have recovery points on front and back check out the site. Meet at McDonald's at 9 am this is my first ride with a group of jeeps

When is it. I probably have work which sucks! I'd have to grab a hitch d ring but I have a winch up front with D rings.

shane4x4 06-21-2012 04:15 PM

June 30th

Zetsumei 06-21-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane4x4 (Post 2499530)
June 30th

I just saw that. :doh: I think I have to work that morning, which sucks. I've been wanting to get out and do some trails.

BAP 06-22-2012 09:38 PM

that would be cool., but i will be in the smokies then,,

im in carter county, i do have a couple hundred acres here that im planning on building an off road playground for us off roaders, but may take a while to get it going---ALOT OF $$$$$$ to be invested in this prroject, i was hopeing to have a meet and greet here when i do get it built..

my yj,is mostly stock 2.5 5 speed with 4 inch suspension lift on 33s...

and your rite about the ky. forum it,s mostly dead here , but i wish it would pick up i would really like to meet some fellow ky. jeepers---i wheel around alone and would really like to wheel with others..

we need to keep checking in here more often...

later...bap

Zetsumei 06-22-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP (Post 2504753)
that would be cool., but i will be in the smokies then,,

im in carter county, i do have a couple hundred acres here that im planning on building an off road playground for us off roaders, but may take a while to get it going---ALOT OF $$$$$$ to be invested in this prroject, i was hopeing to have a meet and greet here when i do get it built..

my yj,is mostly stock 2.5 5 speed with 4 inch suspension lift on 33s...

and your rite about the ky. forum it,s mostly dead here , but i wish it would pick up i would really like to meet some fellow ky. jeepers---i wheel around alone and would really like to wheel with others..

we need to keep checking in here more often...

later...bap

Where do you usually wheel?

BAP 06-23-2012 07:07 AM

on my farm, mostly...
i cruise my line about every day...

it has a pipeline running threw it, and also has tons of old and new logging roads ..from very mild to wicked crazy....

Zetsumei 06-24-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP (Post 2505671)
on my farm, mostly...
i cruise my line about every day...

it has a pipeline running threw it, and also has tons of old and new logging roads ..from very mild to wicked crazy....

Sounds awesome! I know there are some places where the road ends and you can get off road around Lexington, just haven't found any/can't remember where they are.

BAP 06-24-2012 08:58 PM

some of those little roads can have some nice rides around here anyway..

im not to far from lex. about an hour , but i never really get down there and i dont know my way around there...i use to go to rupp for every home game when my step dad was alive---just cant go now that he is gone,,

hard to belive how flat the ground gets there, a big change for such a little distance just east from you..

p.s.

im hopeing this ky site will get going, i like reading from others around the country but i would really like to here more from us kentucky folks..

Zetsumei 06-24-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP (Post 2510405)
some of those little roads can have some nice rides around here anyway..

im not to far from lex. about an hour , but i never really get down there and i dont know my way around there...i use to go to rupp for every home game when my step dad was alive---just cant go now that he is gone,,

hard to belive how flat the ground gets there, a big change for such a little distance just east from you..

p.s.

im hopeing this ky site will get going, i like reading from others around the country but i would really like to here more from us kentucky folks..

I actually live in Lexington and go to UK right now. Haven't really been able to get off road much. Hoping to get up to Dirty Turtle and just anything really.

For sure. A small get together would be huge! Maybe we can find somewhere or sometime to plan something and just meet up, show off our Jeeps and plan other things.

BAP 06-25-2012 06:57 AM

that would be cool,

i keep hearing about dirty turtle---where is that??

Zetsumei 06-25-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP
that would be cool,

i keep hearing about dirty turtle---where is that??

I think it's up near Louisville.

BAP 06-26-2012 06:50 AM

i,ll have to google it up and see if i can find anything about it------long way from home for me though..

Zetsumei 06-27-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP
i,ll have to google it up and see if i can find anything about it------long way from home for me though..

I wish there was stuff around Lexington. Nice and close.

BAP 06-27-2012 05:37 PM

i have it lucky, just pull out of my driveway and go behind my barn and off i go..

another reason i love my old beater yj,--wouldnt pay me to have a nice shiny newer one----lol

Annienaaron09 06-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAP (Post 2521211)
i have it lucky, just pull out of my driveway and go behind my barn and off i go..

another reason i love my old beater yj,--wouldnt pay me to have a nice shiny newer one----lol

That's awesome to have that so close

Zetsumei 06-27-2012 10:22 PM

That's awesome! I'd love to have something like that right near me. Even just riding around like that, really mild stuff, is fun. I love taking my Jeep for night rides to look at the stars too, so that'd be a great thing to have near me.

shane4x4 06-28-2012 03:20 PM

There is a ride sat at slade kentucky krawlers check out their web site