Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Community Announcements (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/)
-   -   Account Upgrades and Sticker Sales (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f7/account-upgrades-and-sticker-sales-16828.html)

Andy R 03-20-2008 04:37 AM

Account Upgrades and Sticker Sales

I just wanted to let you all know that I have disabled the account upgrade and sticker sales feature of the site for a short while. I am trying to track down if there is any inventory of stickers, they were not given to me when the site was sold. If there is not, we will have to get some made.

Instead of just selling stickers and account upgrades separately, I'd like to merge the two together. The account upgrades and stickers are not a big source of income and I don't want to nickel and dime everyone. If we just combine them then you will get a little more value for your money. I have not figured out all the details but it will likely be something like $15 or $20/year for the account upgrade that will come with two stickers. Before it was $20 for the account upgrade and $6 per sticker. So this would be nearly a 63-38% savings.

As I said, the exact details have not been hashed out but I will post more one the stickers have been ordered and we know all the variable costs (sticker + envelope/packaging + shipping).

Thanks for your patience (once again) while we get things organized during this transitional phase of WF.

Regards,

Andy

sgnellett 03-20-2008 05:18 AM

I might be the only one here, but my understanding was that the acct upgrade included one sticker, and it was $6 per additional sticker. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of us who are still waiting on the originals...

Andy R 03-20-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgnellett (Post 209092)
I might be the only one here, but my understanding was that the acct upgrade included one sticker, and it was $6 per additional sticker. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of us who are still waiting on the originals...

Thanks for the info. I could not find anything that had details about the account upgrades or stickers. Does a thread (sticky) exist anywhere?

Great, well that means it will be easy to roll out (no changes) if a sticker was included in the account upgrade. I'd like to include two stickers if it's economically feasible (which I think it should be).

You say:
Quote:

more than a few of us who are still waiting on the originals...
What do you mean? Are you saying you are still waiting for your stickers to be sent?

skeeter 03-20-2008 09:05 AM

From the support thread...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/support...t-wf-3216.html

Quote:

Yearly membership includes:

* Supporting member image
* 500 pm space
* 25Mb of upload space
* Ability to change your title
* Entry into quarterly give-aways.
* Vinyl WranglerForum.com sticker

$35 - Order Now!
There are a number of staff around here that should be able to help you with issues of this nature.

Andy R 03-20-2008 10:06 AM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I plan to get stickers made and make sure all those who have upgraded have gotten theirs. I think that we should drop the price to $20/year and give two stickers, unlimited upload space, 5,000 PMs, and a bigger wider Avatar (like mine). I'll post more when I get prices on stickers and finalize the offer.

Tj Bunch 03-20-2008 10:24 AM

Andy Thats great, Thanks for the update and there were a few that missed stickers but not a big thing when they get there let us know and i'll be happy to just purchase a couple. I have to buy them from my club so it's not that big a deal.

4point 03-20-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 209161)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I plan to get stickers made and make sure all those who have upgraded have gotten theirs. I think that we should drop the price to $20/year and give two stickers, unlimited upload space, 5,000 PMs, and a bigger wider Avatar (like mine). I'll post more when I get prices on stickers and finalize the offer.

:cool: I am at the point that I need to reup my membership now, do I get to pay the $20?

tarheel 03-20-2008 02:05 PM

upgrading?

When will we most likely be able to get the upgrade? I recently joined and would like to upgrade. I will continue to watch for info:D

Andy R 03-20-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelrphs (Post 209264)
When will we most likely be able to get the upgrade? I recently joined and would like to upgrade. I will continue to watch for info:D

I can't give you an ETA at this time because we are just starting to get the artwork for the stickers done. We then have to find vendors who have the best quality and get bids. If you know any vendors who can make "only the best" quality vinyl cutout stickers, please post it here. We would love to give them the details and see what they come back with for prices.

Scout 03-20-2008 03:02 PM

I want one with glitter.

Andy R 03-20-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 209286)
I want one with glitter.

How about a chrome plate with some cubic zirconiums to give you that extra special bling!

Scout 03-20-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 209287)
How about a chrome plate with some cubic zirconiums to give you that extra special bling!

Damn that would be awsome! Put me down for two. :cool:

1BLKJP 03-20-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 209295)
Damn that would be awsome! Put me down for two. :cool:

Hell why settle for cz? Andy if you are still in Africa you can score some blood diamonds. :D Scout could pimp WF Iced out EMZ style. :D

4point 03-20-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 209179)
:cool: I am at the point that I need to reup my membership now, do I get to pay the $20?

Bump!

Scout 03-20-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 209301)
Bump!

Shut up. We're talkin bout glitter now. :flipoff:

4point 03-20-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 209303)
Shut up. We're talkin bout glitter now. :flipoff:

Hey faggit, I'm trying to save some money here. :D:flipoff:

Scout 03-20-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 209307)
Hey faggit, I'm trying to save some money here. :D:flipoff:

It's faggOt. :D

4point 03-20-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 209309)
It's faggOt. :D

Not the way I say it champ. :D

1BLKJP 03-20-2008 03:58 PM

Okay so here's what I have done. Yes we are in the process of re-doing our Supporting memberships. No, we don't know exactly what they will look like yet. Yes, we definitely appreciate every one of you that has sponsored the board. So I went out and looked at all of the sponsorships and any of them that are expiring in March or April I have pushed them out until July. This way any of you that choose not renew your membership will be able to do so at that time. I figure we should have everything sorted and setup in that time frame. We don't have anyone expiring in May and only a couple in June, but they are at the very end of the month.

4point 03-20-2008 04:35 PM

Thanks again Jack :D

orange05tj 03-20-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 209134)
From the support thread...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/support...t-wf-3216.html

There are a number of staff around here that should be able to help you with issues of this nature.

I never recieved anything about a sticker. All I got from paying 35 bucks was a blue name and a huge fight with the wife for spending $$ on a forum. I probably wont be upgrading again when this year term expires.

Tj Bunch 03-20-2008 05:33 PM

Scout that Bligy one will go perfect on your Pink Tj Just think Pink diamonds......Then it'll be a cute Jeep.....He's gonna kill ain't he.

tazmann910 03-26-2008 12:21 AM

Wow that means that I will get pushed out, my membership is up in April. Sweet, I cannot wait to enroll again.

Andy R 03-26-2008 04:22 PM

^ We are trying to get this stuff organized as fast as possible. We should have stickers and be able to get the account upgrades active again within a few weeks. I will post more as details get ironed out.

crafty 03-26-2008 06:49 PM

Lowering the membership is great but, if it left at $35 and $15 of that went towards United 4wheel Drive Assoc. to keep our trails open I would be fine with that also :)

squarelightsahara 03-31-2008 06:26 PM

I don't think $35 is that bad. When you look at what WF is all about it is worth it. I have never received a sticker though.

tarheel 05-14-2008 04:31 AM

Any news yet:confused:

distortedtj 05-14-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty (Post 211764)
Lowering the membership is great but, if it left at $35 and $15 of that went towards United 4wheel Drive Assoc. to keep our trails open I would be fine with that also :)

X2 on having it at about $35 and say maybe half or what not go to "a" chariaty. Whether it be keeping the trails clean or to help cancer kids or what not.

:punk::punk::punk:

1BLKJP 05-14-2008 05:50 PM

Keep holdin tight on this folks. We are preparing to make upgrades in the forum software here in the near future. At that time we will probably be rolling out the account upgrades also.

And again thank you all for supporting the community.

slf41002 05-16-2008 08:22 PM

I was just wondering if there is an ETA on upgrades yet?I have been signed up for a few months now and would like to upgrade and also to have a sticker before the Harland KY run.Any info would be appreciated.