Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Build Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/)
-   -   New Rubi Project !!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/new-rubi-project-169639.html)

dvdsjk 06-26-2012 10:54 PM

New Rubi Project !!!
 
I sold the Sahara Tan Sahara!! Ill miss her. But she was done and it was time to leave the nest!! Always wanted to build up a Rubi and since the Sahara's value was mutch more than I could imagine,the time was right. Rumor has it she's Tennessee bound. Here's one last pic of her along with the new girl!! I did a few mods already such as fenders,wheels and tires and a bumper cut. I will post as I go along! :wavey:
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-52-18_362.jpg

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-53-32_184.jpg

snochick 06-26-2012 11:21 PM

Congrats. Enjoy!

MistiC NiNja 06-26-2012 11:26 PM

nooooooooooice!

2012Cosmos 06-27-2012 12:42 AM

Nice new project, where in NEPA are you? I'm in the Hazleton/Tamaqua are often, as well as Milford/Matamoras.

dvdsjk 06-27-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snochick (Post 2518290)
Congrats. Enjoy!

Thanks snochick!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MistiC NiNja (Post 2518309)
nooooooooooice!

Thanks again MistiC Ninja!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Cosmos (Post 2518547)
Nice new project, where in NEPA are you? I'm in the Hazleton/Tamaqua are often, as well as Milford/Matamoras.

I'm from the back mountain area. Dallas!

Dogface 06-27-2012 11:26 AM

Can I have some seeds from your money tree ? :D

Love the tan one and can't believe you parted with it after all those cool mods..

dvdsjk 06-27-2012 11:52 AM

Money tree = Jeep parts. Bought most of it with Ebaying Jeep parts. If you get the hang of it it can be pretty profitable. It feeds my Jeep addiction!!!!
And thanks, the tan one was awesome and appreciated no doubt. But I kinda had the need for a convertable . Just didn't pan out with the pickup style roll bar.

Dogface 06-27-2012 12:11 PM

10-4..understand the want for a convert... My first JK order was for tan but that was just when Chry changed their order software at the dlr. I wanted the 3.73 but it came with 3.21 so I passed on it. I love the Crush but part of me still wished I had gotten a Tan...I had great plans for it...full out rat patrol buggy..

dvdsjk 06-27-2012 12:18 PM

Funny. Crush was my first choice this time but they couldn't find one locally. Love black though.

Dogface 06-27-2012 12:20 PM

She's a beauty too... Will have to follow this new build too..

dvdsjk 10-01-2012 10:12 PM

Been a while since i've been on , so a bit of an update. Added Rough Country hybrid bumper and winch. Put a Rugged Ridge stinger on it! Rigid SR series 50" LED light on the Poison Spyder light bar. Installed the River Raider snorkel. Higher rate front springs to lift the front a bit and this is it so far!! :wavey:
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps3dc924ea.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps73719243.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-21-56_874.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...3-43-37_65.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-17-14_451.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-17-36_192.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-17-36_192.jpg

Matador 10-02-2012 11:34 AM

I'm psyched that your building up the same jeep I have. I get to live through your eyes until I can save up to get work started on mine. What year is the Rubi, 12 or 13?

fljeepleo 10-02-2012 12:04 PM

Just springs? No shocks or lift kit? I love the look!

dvdsjk 10-02-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 2852908)
I'm psyched that your building up the same jeep I have. I get to live through your eyes until I can save up to get work started on mine. What year is the Rubi, 12 or 13?

Love the black Rubi!Oh and its a 12'. Just got a call that my grille is painted also. Hes buffing it out now!! Heres a pic in primer.
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...8-38-10_63.jpg

dvdsjk 10-02-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljeepleo (Post 2853004)
Just springs? No shocks or lift kit? I love the look!

No lift at all just a set of higher rate springs of ebay that were removed from a tow package Rubi. The bushwackers open the wells up a bit also!

basecamper 10-02-2012 02:35 PM

dvdsjk another awesome build!! Side benefit for me is I can feed my Jeep addiction by watching you modify your Jeeps Loved your other black one and your Tan Sahara was amazing! Keep the mods coming your saving me money LOL :thumb:

Matador 10-02-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsjk (Post 2519818)
Money tree = Jeep parts. Bought most of it with Ebaying Jeep parts. If you get the hang of it it can be pretty profitable. It feeds my Jeep addiction!!!!

Care to give a crash course? I have sold a handful of things on ebay before but never enough to come close to the level of modding your involved with.

dvdsjk 10-02-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basecamper (Post 2853460)
dvdsjk another awesome build!! Side benefit for me is I can feed my Jeep addiction by watching you modify your Jeeps Loved your other black one and your Tan Sahara was amazing! Keep the mods coming your saving me money LOL :thumb:

Thanks basecamper!!! Im trying but almost getting toward the bottom of the mod money!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 2853657)
Care to give a crash course? I have sold a handful of things on ebay before but never enough to come close to the level of modding your involved with.

I lucked out and made out very well with the Sahara Tan Jeep sale . Plus ended up withe an xtra soft top and set of Rubi wheels and tires etc! I did sell off a lot of spare parts also. Ebay is tricky but sometimes you can snap up some bargains that are super cheap that you can resell and make a buck or two! I should tell you lately my luck is with Craiglist though!

rockhard426 10-02-2012 08:36 PM

dvdsjk that is one Nice looking JK , That grill is awesome looking , What kind is that ? is it custom made ?

dvdsjk 10-02-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhard426 (Post 2854726)
dvdsjk that is one Nice looking JK , That grill is awesome looking , What kind is that ? is it custom made ?

Thanks rockhard426! And its a wild boar. I had one on my 11 and it fit like a glove, but fior some reason on the 2012 it sticks out a bit. When I get it back Ill have to make some adjustments with the sawzall!! :thumb:

jeepinit 10-02-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsjk
Been a while since i've been on , so a bit of an update. Added Rough Country hybrid bumper and winch. Put a Rugged Ridge stinger on it! Rigid SR series 50" LED light on the Poison Spyder light bar. Installed the River Raider snorkel. Higher rate front springs to lift the front a bit and this is it so far!! :wavey:

What make are the fender flares. Very nice job on the mods, looks great.

dvdsjk 10-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepinit (Post 2854760)
What make are the fender flares. Very nice job on the mods, looks great.

Thanks jeepinit!! There Bushwackers. Nice product and paint nice also. Had my last set sprayed Sahara Tan!

1Topp 10-05-2012 06:04 PM

:thumb:

dvdsjk 10-05-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Topp (Post 2864345)
:thumb:

Thanks man!!!:)

dvdsjk 10-09-2012 09:48 PM

Wild Boar grille is painted and on! Also installed a new Donaldson pre-cleaner on the snorkel intake.
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-03-03_473.jpg
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...-03-42_524.jpg

1Topp 10-10-2012 03:36 AM

:popcorn:

joeobowyer 10-10-2012 04:48 AM

Love the tan one and can't believe you parted with it after all those cool modshttp://www.iiez.info/songam.jpghttp://www.popl.info/d.jpg

repauli1 10-10-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsjk
Wild Boar grille is painted and on! Also installed a new Donaldson pre-cleaner on the snorkel intake.

I like the primer look!

repauli1 10-10-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdsjk
Been a while since i've been on , so a bit of an update. Added Rough Country hybrid bumper and winch. Put a Rugged Ridge stinger on it! Rigid SR series 50" LED light on the Poison Spyder light bar. Installed the River Raider snorkel. Higher rate front springs to lift the front a bit and this is it so far!! :wavey:

Loving the bumper/stinger, great look!,,

dvdsjk 10-10-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeobowyer (Post 2876209)
Love the tan one and can't believe you parted with it after all those cool mods

Had an chance to make a couple bucks ans end up with a Rubi to boot! And wait till this ones done!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by repauli1 (Post 2876255)
I like the primer look!

I did too too, but in the real life it had too many dry spots that looked kinda shiny in areas. Looked bad in the sun!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by repauli1 (Post 2876258)
Loving the bumper/stinger, great look!,,

Thanks. A little twist on a Rough Country Hybrid bumper. Just add a bit of Rugged Ridge stinger!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.