Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

A question about transmissions and lift kits

578 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Redsand 
#1 ·
I am having a hard time understanding something. If you do a body lift it makes sense to me that the manual transmission shifter would be displaced in relation to factory position. Easy enough fix with an extension. However, on a suspension lift with no body lift, why does there becom a problem with the position of the shifter in relation to the body? I notice on mine that the shifter is hitting the plastic panel that the internal rubber boot is on. Its the NSG370 tranny with the giant attach point for the shifter to the shifter tower. (which seems stupid, why not just have direct to tower attachment with threaded male/female) Anyways, the only remedy I see to this is cutting that plastic cover because the boot itself isn't getting in the way. I took it all off and drove around with no problems. No popping out of 2 or 4. So my biggest dilemma is how to remedy this. It is a rubicon. 4" suspension no body lift. Transfer case drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.