Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/)
-   -   Female Jeep Owners in Texas? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/female-jeep-owners-in-texas-170553.html)

shearpamela 07-01-2012 11:36 AM

Female Jeep Owners in Texas?

I'm in the DFW area and wondered if there are many other sister Jeep owners out there that might be interested in starting a girls meet and greet?

HerJK-X 07-02-2012 08:15 AM

fellow female jeeper here, but in San Antonio area. HI!

shearpamela 07-02-2012 08:57 AM

Hey there Sister Jeeper! Maybe if I ever make it to San Antonio I'll look you you up, doesn't seem to be many ladies in my area...

HerJK-X 07-02-2012 09:18 AM

I have no problem with that! Hope I can do the same if we ever head up to Dallas.

If you go to the Off-Topic section, there is a thread called "Girls with Wranglers" or something like that, chime in there as well.

orngcrushrgrl 07-02-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shearpamela
I'm in the DFW area and wondered if there are many other sister Jeep owners out there that might be interested in starting a girls meet and greet?

I started a ladies of San Antonio thread. Feel free to chime in there

hbgirl 07-02-2012 09:53 AM

:wavey: Yep, I'm in DFW ... Irving, actually. I also spend a weekend or two a month in San Antonio. :)

Tams-TJ 07-02-2012 11:04 AM

Would love to, but I'm in Corpus Christi!

AmericaOverland 07-02-2012 11:56 AM

And I'm in Houston!

orngcrushrgrl 07-02-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbgirl (Post 2536769)
:wavey: Yep, I'm in DFW ... Irving, actually. I also spend a weekend or two a month in San Antonio. :)

:thumb::thumb:

shearpamela 07-03-2012 08:52 AM

I'll check out the Girls thread in off topic as well as the San Antonio one, and maybe in time we can locate more local sisters around DFW. :thumb:

shearpamela 07-03-2012 08:54 AM

HBGirl we should do the Fuzzy's monthly meet up in Lewisville next time!

Rubiconlj 07-06-2012 09:47 PM

Waco tx here! Im up for meet and greets!

JKOrange 07-06-2012 10:21 PM

I'm just north of Austin (Georgetown) and would love to meet some jeep neighbors!

sfoster 07-17-2012 09:36 AM

I live in Denton and I'm in!

Rubiconlj 07-17-2012 05:19 PM

Anyone wanting to offroad there is a big meet up this weekend at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls. Look up the website and join us in the hidden falls thread to get more information :)

Judyjeep 08-06-2012 08:28 AM

This is so cool!! I'm in the valley and my profile says I'm a male but I'm a Mom! And retired! So I'm in!

texascat01 03-08-2013 06:55 PM

Hi there. I'm a new Jeep girl as of this last January. I live in Austin. I have a sort of girly question. Since I've bought Abner it has been crazy windy in Austin. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with the wind on the highways? I find myself driving super slow and in the far right lane because the wind pushes me either into the shoulder or oncoming traffic to my left. By the time I get home (I drive from Austin to San Marcos and back twice a week) my arms are exhausted from white knuckling the steering wheel.

Rubiconlj 03-08-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texascat01 (Post 3478765)
Hi there. I'm a new Jeep girl as of this last January. I live in Austin. I have a sort of girly question. Since I've bought Abner it has been crazy windy in Austin. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with the wind on the highways? I find myself driving super slow and in the far right lane because the wind pushes me either into the shoulder or oncoming traffic to my left. By the time I get home (I drive from Austin to San Marcos and back twice a week) my arms are exhausted from white knuckling the steering wheel.

Do you have a hardtop or soft top? Hard tops are better for highway driving as soft tips are like a sail. Wind is never a Jeep drivers friend. It's better driving with no top on but then you run into the high winds in the cab whipping hair and clothing around. Lol. Just part of it I guess.

j66996 03-10-2013 01:25 PM

Fort Worth here. :dance:

Tammi

Miss Vicki 03-30-2013 11:35 AM

Just north of Houston here! I just got my Wrangler, although it's not my first Jeep! I'm loving the Wrangler so far!!:dance:

Wrangler_girl 04-27-2013 03:24 AM

I just bought a Jeep wrangler sport and am loving it!!! Would love to hear advice from fellow Jeep girls.
I'd like to accessorize my Jeep out and get some advice from fellow jeepers, as far as good products are concerned.

Temple, Texas

Rubiconlj 04-27-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler_girl (Post 3688557)
I just bought a Jeep wrangler sport and am loving it!!! Would love to hear advice from fellow Jeep girls.
I'd like to accessorize my Jeep out and get some advice from fellow jeepers, as far as good products are concerned.

Temple, Texas

Welcome to the addiction!! I'm in Gatesville so let me know if you ever want to do a meet up and talk Jeeps! :)

Judyjeep 04-27-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texascat01 (Post 3478765)

I feel you. There isn't much to do about the wind except enjoy it. Highway driving with a soft top is pretty noisy. But you have to think of all the good points too. Like hot summer days at the beach!

Wrangler_girl 04-28-2013 11:10 PM

Would love to get together with fellow Jeep girls one day!!!

RowdyMonster 04-29-2013 02:06 PM

I'm loving how many wrangler girls there are! I just got my Sahara yesterday and I'm thrilled! I wanted one of those stickers that says "not my husband's car!" But the hubby wasn't having that, lol.. Can't wait to get her down to padre island for a whirl in the sand!

TexasJeepGirl 04-29-2013 06:47 PM

I'm in Belton... I'll host a meet up since I am central! LOL. :)

Rubiconlj 04-29-2013 07:52 PM

Sounds awesome!! PM me when you have some dates!!

TexasJeepGirl 04-29-2013 08:26 PM

PM sent...

Methinks there should be a ladies exclusive jeep club in Texas. Officially. I'm already in a jeep club but who says you can't be in several?

:cool:

RowdyMonster 04-30-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasJeepGirl (Post 3698700)
PM sent...

Methinks there should be a ladies exclusive jeep club in Texas. Officially. I'm already in a jeep club but who says you can't be in several?

Yes! I agree!

Wrangler_girl 04-30-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasJeepGirl (Post 3698700)
PM sent...

How do you find a jeep club?
And I think it would be great to have a female jeep owner club!