Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Wrangler continues strong sales in June (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/wrangler-continues-strong-sales-in-june-170986.html)

ndrugby 07-03-2012 07:35 AM

Wrangler continues strong sales in June
 
The Jeep Wrangler was the #2 Chrysler product behind the Ram Pickup, with 14,461 sold (+28%).

The Jeep brand was #1 over Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and Fiat, but all were up.

chim-chim7 07-03-2012 07:41 AM

Great news, the Pentastar and new 5 speed auto has everything to do with it. Good for them.

ShoreWrangler 07-03-2012 07:46 AM

I can't get over how many Wranglers I see on the road now. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or not???

kjeeper10 07-03-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorewrangler
i can't get over how many wranglers i see on the road now. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or not???

x2

wassup8687 07-03-2012 07:55 AM

I've seen many more on the road lately also. I think it's a good thing.

lolpetewtf 07-03-2012 08:05 AM

They are everywhere in MA.

G8R HATR 07-03-2012 08:05 AM

More Wranglers on the road, means more mods to differentiate myself.

rev2red 07-03-2012 08:58 AM

More sales = more money for Jeep to spend on researching and preventing the ticking pentastar? lol

snikt 07-03-2012 09:14 AM

They are very very common here, but I have yet to see another Cosmos Blue one, so I stand out pretty well

AmericaOverland 07-03-2012 09:46 AM

The more Jeeps are made, the longer "new old stock" supplies will last after the ten years are up after a particular model's year when combined with salvage parts.

Just thinking ahead...

Blackened 07-03-2012 09:56 AM

They are definitely selling well here in FL. I left my house yesterday and counted 6 new ones in under 5 miles from my house.

andygroove 07-03-2012 09:58 AM

I never saw a deep cherry red Jk up here at all. Now in the week since I bought mine, I have spotted around a dozen. And here I thought I was unique lol

dawhitesJKU 07-06-2012 07:30 PM

I purchased mine on 07/01/2012, i went back to the dealer on 07/03/2012 bcuz they got my loan approved for a much lower rate...so i had to go back and sign. They told me that they sold 12 jk's within that time span. I was one that always wanted to own a wrangler but it was underpowered until the 2012's came along. Now i'm a happy camper.

mcdull 07-07-2012 01:16 AM

Just saw this "These are America's 15 busiest auto plants"
These are America's 15 busiest auto plants

Despite everybody's wish here, Chrysler's plants don't seem to be that busy, none of them in top 15.
  1. Ford (Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, MO) - 460,338
  2. Ford (Dearborn Truck Plant, Dearborn, MI) - 342,162
  3. Hyundai (Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Plant, Montgomery, AL) - 342,162
  4. Nissan (Nissan North America, Smyrna, TN) - 333,392
  5. Toyota (Georgetown, KY) - 315,889
  6. General Motors (Fort Wayne, Roanoke, IN) - 307,454
  7. Honda (Marysville Auto Plant, Marysville, OH) - 285,258
  8. Kia/Hyundai - (Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, West Point, GA) - 282,316
  9. General Motors - (Lordstown Complex, Warren, OH) - 279,674
  10. General Motors - (Fairfax Assembly Plant, Kansas City, KS) - 279,250
  11. General Motors - (Lansing Delta Township, Lansing, MI) - 277,277
  12. BMW (BMW Manufacturing Co., Spartanburg, SC) - 277,074
  13. General Motors (Arlington, TX) - 269,624
  14. Honda - (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, Lincoln, AL) - 264,324
  15. Ford - (Chicago Assembly Plant, Chicago) - 262,730

Metonymy 07-07-2012 01:26 AM

I proudly contributed to the Jeep June sales number.

At least Chrysler is using "sold to customers" as their sales data instead of Government Motors using "sold to dealers" (aka: channel stuffing) as their sales data.

Braveheart12JK 07-07-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf
They are everywhere in MA.

Agreed! I'm on the South Shore and I have a 30 min commute to and from work. On my ride in the morning I see anywhere from 5-15 Wranglers just near my city.

Tumbleweed 07-07-2012 01:50 AM

TSAP has a backlog of orders for 85 days worth of production.

chim-chim7 07-07-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoreWrangler (Post 2540343)
I can't get over how many Wranglers I see on the road now. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or not???



How could more Wranglers on the road even be considered NOT a good thing?

More Wranglers means...

More Wranglers means jobs get created
More Wranglers means help stimulate the Economy
More Wranglers means more aftermarket support
More Wranglers means new businesses
More Wranglers means more friends at the spot :punk::thumb:

kjeeper10 07-07-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chim-chim7

How could more Wranglers on the road even be considered NOT a good thing?

More Wranglers means...

More Wranglers means jobs get created
More Wranglers means help stimulate the Economy
More Wranglers means more aftermarket support
More Wranglers means new businesses
More Wranglers means more friends at the spot :punk::thumb:

It's a good thing but I agree. I remember driving around my Yj way back. The beach every weekend, there was maybe 4 other jeeps, most older but some new Tj's at the time. Now I see them everywhere. I lose count lol.
Just not the same.

Roshko 07-07-2012 06:19 AM

You are right there are definitely more wranglers on the road now, except everyone is buying unlimited. The 2 door rubicons are still scarce in my area.

Blackened 07-07-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdull (Post 2554162)
Just saw this "These are America's 15 busiest auto plants"
These are America's 15 busiest auto plants

Despite everybody's wish here, Chrysler's plants don't seem to be that busy, none of them in top 15.
  1. Ford (Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, MO) - 460,338
  2. Ford (Dearborn Truck Plant, Dearborn, MI) - 342,162
  3. Hyundai (Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Plant, Montgomery, AL) - 342,162
  4. Nissan (Nissan North America, Smyrna, TN) - 333,392
  5. Toyota (Georgetown, KY) - 315,889
  6. General Motors (Fort Wayne, Roanoke, IN) - 307,454
  7. Honda (Marysville Auto Plant, Marysville, OH) - 285,258
  8. Kia/Hyundai - (Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, West Point, GA) - 282,316
  9. General Motors - (Lordstown Complex, Warren, OH) - 279,674
  10. General Motors - (Fairfax Assembly Plant, Kansas City, KS) - 279,250
  11. General Motors - (Lansing Delta Township, Lansing, MI) - 277,277
  12. BMW (BMW Manufacturing Co., Spartanburg, SC) - 277,074
  13. General Motors (Arlington, TX) - 269,624
  14. Honda - (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, Lincoln, AL) - 264,324
  15. Ford - (Chicago Assembly Plant, Chicago) - 262,730




Nice to see Ford in first and second. :appl:

gkellys 07-07-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshko (Post 2554409)
You are right there are definitely more wranglers on the road now, except everyone is buying unlimited. The 2 door rubicons are still scarce in my area.

Same here. They (JKUs) are at almost every light. The JKU opened the market up to the soccer moms. Seems to be hundreds around here, mostly JKUs being driven mostly by what appear to be moms hauling kids to practice. Nothing at all wrong with that. Moms need to have fun too!!! :hide:

Seriously though. Good for Chrysler. More sales equals more money, which I hope keeps them around for a long time. Plus they need the cash to replace all those heads on the hot selling '12s.

kjeeper10 07-07-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkellys

Same here. They (JKUs) are at almost every light. The JKU opened the market up to the soccer moms. Seems to be hundreds around here, mostly JKUs being driven mostly by what appear to be moms hauling kids to practice. Nothing at all wrong with that. Moms need to have fun too!!! :hide:

Seriously though. Good for Chrysler. More sales equals more money, which I hope keeps them around for a long time. Plus they need the cash to replace all those heads on the hot selling '12s.

:rofl:

wat3rdog 07-07-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkellys

Same here. They (JKUs) are at almost every light. The JKU opened the market up to the soccer moms. Seems to be hundreds around here, mostly JKUs being driven mostly by what appear to be moms hauling kids to practice. Nothing at all wrong with that. Moms need to have fun too!!! :hide:

Seriously though. Good for Chrysler. More sales equals more money, which I hope keeps them around for a long time. Plus they need the cash to replace all those heads on the hot selling '12s.

They opened the market to Dads with kids and dogs. Trailer for gear and the back for the dogs. I need a 5 passenger and more room for my tall nephews for camping. Until now the 2 door ment waiting until midlife crisis. My final nail to my decision for JKU was they are built here in the USA. More Jeeps? Being sold means that They are adding a shift to the plant and 50 more workers. USA! :)

wat3rdog 07-14-2012 10:51 AM

The other selling factor of the JKU is the increased towing cap. 3500lbs means I can trade the truck bed for a 5x8 trailer with a 3500lbs gw for $1000 brand new. I need to be able to haul things and I need more room then my midsized Toyota access cab truck. JKU=jeep owner. Of course the JKU did not apply until the new motor was rolled out giving more HP and torque. Going next month to order my 2012 now that the wifes car is paid for. Although it does amaze me at how many people can become snobs because they think thier opinion is better than someone else's. Lifes too short to not have fun! Big jeep, little jeep fun fun fun. Roll on......

mo1416 07-14-2012 11:07 AM

I work just 8 miles from my house and it takes me no more than 15 min. to get there, I pass at least 10 jeeps to work and 10 from work every day.

NFRs2000NYC 07-14-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoreWrangler (Post 2540343)
I can't get over how many Wranglers I see on the road now. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or not???

Good thing. Parts will be cheaper.

ShoreWrangler 07-15-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chim-chim7 (Post 2554267)
How could more Wranglers on the road even be considered NOT a good thing?

More Wranglers means...

More Wranglers means jobs get created
More Wranglers means help stimulate the Economy
More Wranglers means more aftermarket support
More Wranglers means new businesses
More Wranglers means more friends at the spot :punk::thumb:

I'm happy that they are selling well enough to insure that the model continues on, but it gets to the point where they sell so many of them it loses its uniqueness and that special quality that we all love. I kind of worry that the 4 door has made it just a little too convenient for folks that previously couldn't fit the 2-door into their lifestyles if you know what I mean. And don't get me wrong there are tons of hard core Jeep folks who own 4-doors, but I kind of liked that the 2-door has been so irrational and inconvenient for all these years. I like when people say "how could you get that, it's so uncomfortable, it has no cargo room, you have to climb into the back seat" - I'm like, that's exactly why I wanted it in the first place! :dance:

It's a Jeep Thing baby!

So anyway, good and bad with the big sales number, but mostly good I suppose...

rmb 07-15-2012 06:43 AM

The four door got me back into a jeep (family needs) after a long time away, and now my future plan is to pass the one I just bought two days ago to my wife so I can get a two door.

GreenRubi 07-15-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoreWrangler (Post 2540343)
I can't get over how many Wranglers I see on the road now. I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or not???

More Wranglers on the road means more mods being sold, more jeep related businesses making money, more mods coming to market, more mod choices for everyone, more inexpensive parts on Craigslist, etc., etc...

It's a good thing because its a Jeep thing. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.