Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Hello world from Seattle, WA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/hello-world-from-seattle-wa-172049.html)

Wranglerer 07-07-2012 10:14 PM

Hello world from Seattle, WA

Hello world.

This is my first Jeep, first anything with 4wd. I'm excited.

I moved to Seattle, WA a month ago for a change. The Mustang had to go. So now I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport.

Anyone know an easy run near Seattle for a newbie like me? A long dirt road in woods would be good enough. Once I get it dirty I think I'll have to get a can of polydip and let the mods begin!

-Chris

MrSig 07-08-2012 03:26 AM

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

dabolt55 07-08-2012 07:41 AM

Welcome Chris. Check out the local Washington jeep forum at the bottom of the page..:thumb:

Vroooom 07-08-2012 07:54 AM

Howdy, I dont live in Seattle, but I do visit several times a year because its GORGEOUS and just awe inspiring to see trees bigger than a mail-box. LOL

There is a road (paved) that runs down and around to Mt Saint Hellens. Its not a trail or anything that couldnt be done in a smart car ....but it is unbelievably beautiful.

Also...head out to Snoqualmie Falls....

I wish I knew of off-road options...I bet thayd be amazing up there.

Beastmaster 07-08-2012 08:33 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

whiteyj 07-08-2012 08:51 AM

Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

Spent a year and a half up there living in Issaquah and working in Seattle. As has been said, amazing country....once you get past the grey and rain. Longest year and a half for me as the top was off for about 3-1/2 weeks vs. the 6 plus months here in Cali. Enjoy it though. Look around Mt. Stevens. Also east beyond Snoqualmie Pass.

Wranglerer 07-08-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. Now that I've got a few directions to head, it's time to get lost.

Desperado 07-08-2012 04:35 PM

YEAH WASHINGTON! WOOHOO! If you want some great trail riding, head east on I-90 towards North Bend. Tinkham Road is a great USFS road that a lot of Washington Jeepers ride. I live 50 or so miles north of Seattle, so if you're up for some great rides, PM me and I'll tell you about a ton of logging roads up here! Welcome! :wavey:

SilverSport 07-08-2012 07:31 PM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey:

blkrubi88 07-09-2012 04:24 AM

Welcome!

Wranglerer 07-14-2012 03:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the Jeep dirty! Made it out to Tinkham Road and went up a switchback. Thanks for the tip Desperado. Looks like I'll be headed there soon for some camping. Tomorrow, Deception Pass.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desperado (Post 2559139)
YEAH WASHINGTON! WOOHOO! If you want some great trail riding, head east on I-90 towards North Bend. Tinkham Road is a great USFS road that a lot of Washington Jeepers ride. I live 50 or so miles north of Seattle, so if you're up for some great rides, PM me and I'll tell you about a ton of logging roads up here! Welcome! :wavey:

Desperado 07-14-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wranglerer (Post 2581267)
Finally got the Jeep dirty! Made it out to Tinkham Road and went up a switchback. Thanks for the tip Desperado. Looks like I'll be headed there soon for some camping. Tomorrow, Deception Pass.

Deception Pass is pretty awesome. I go out there every once in a while when the weather is nice..not like what we've been getting recently :banghead: There were crazy thunderstorms out there last night from what friends tell me. Have fun camping, though!