Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Question about back seat?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/question-about-back-seat-17217.html)

DStu 04-01-2008 05:35 AM

Question about back seat??

Hey guys, been browsing through these forums because I've been driving sports cars for the past few years and have finally decided I wanted an off-roader...so I got a quick question..

Is there a back seat on these? And would I be able to legaly fit 5 people in the jeep?

Thanks!!

richp 04-01-2008 05:45 AM

You can fit 5, but there are only 4 seatbelts so legally NO, if you do put 3 in the back they better be good friends.

rketr 04-01-2008 06:30 AM

You can add another seatbelt in the back without much trouble. There isn't a lot of space back there so hopefully the 3 in back are kids 'cause it'll be tight.

debruins 04-01-2008 06:45 AM

ive had 8 and that was with the top on, but ti was SQUISHED, and we only went for about as mile or two, and i couold barely shift cause someone was sitting on the console

[TheYJGuy] 04-01-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 213766)
i could barely shift cause someone was sitting on the console

Been there, but the person on my console was a beautiful blonde girl, so I wasn't complaining :punk:

richp 04-01-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_YJGuy88 (Post 213767)
Been there, but the person on my console was a beautiful blonde girl, so I wasn't complaining :punk:

Yea, my son was taking an environmental class at college and they went on a field trip to the bogs up here, nice hot spring day and when they got to the parking lot at school 12 chicks in the class made a beeline for his topless TJ. His only comment was 'No guy should ever be faced with choices like that, no matter who I picked it was a win win win loose loose loose loose loose loose loose loose situation' I agreed with him...:eek::eek::eek::D:D

[TheYJGuy] 04-01-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richp (Post 213783)
Yea, my son was taking an environmental class at college and they went on a field trip to the bogs up here, nice hot spring day and when they got to the parking lot at school 12 chicks in the class made a beeline for his topless TJ. His only comment was 'No guy should ever be faced with choices like that, no matter who I picked it was a win win win loose loose loose loose loose loose loose loose situation' I agreed with him...:eek::eek::eek::D:D

I bet the look on his face was priceless hahaha

sean42069 04-01-2008 03:20 PM

ive done five(including kid in car seat)
put kid in rear middle seat using the "latch" system, leaving seatbelts for 4 adults =),
i dont care if its cramped, im always the driver!

DStu 04-01-2008 04:20 PM

Awesome..thanks for the responses and funny stories! haha

richp 04-01-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_YJGuy88 (Post 213806)
I bet the look on his face was priceless hahaha

Yea, deer in the headlights about to get run over by a semi seems about right. No matter what you do you're screwed...