Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rear cargo storage, Ideas? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rear-cargo-storage-ideas-172187.html)

jordorunway 07-08-2012 05:43 PM

Rear cargo storage, Ideas?
 
I've looked all over this website and seen alot of ideas and im pretty sure i've picked which one i want to do, but im confused on just a few asspects of it.

Im going to go with making my own out of a sheet of plywood going from the back of the front seats, all the way to the tailgate so my tailgate will lock. My main concern is im thinking of using the holes along the side that hold the hardtop on, but if i dont that, will that keep me from putting the bestop trektop nx on? Im planning on getting the nx within the next few weeks and im not sure how their installed or if they even use those holes.:doh: I was also wanting to intergrate hindes so i could open it up but if i use those holes i wont be ble to. Maybe im over thinking this? Im not sure. Any ideas or advice would help alot.

Oh and i should probably mention im a first time jeep owner and i've had my Sahara about a month and a half lol. :hide:

BeaverJeeper 07-08-2012 05:52 PM

i'm 99.9% sure the trek top works like the other soft tops, which don't use those holes. i'm willing to bet you're ok, but... i'm not 100%. lol

jordorunway 07-08-2012 08:36 PM

Ok lol i know it was probably one of the dumbest questions ever asked, but i never looked in a jeep with a soft top and i dont know anyone that owns a wrangler so this was the only place to turn lol. But thanks though that helps me out alot, i was worried i was going to have to change the whole design of the cargo cover lol.

cndyhny 08-08-2012 11:22 PM

i ended up getting a $20 foot locker from Walmart and mounting it using the tie downs and a couple of ratchet straps. It has a place for a padlock. Not super strong or secure, but a heck of a lot better than nothing

03Ruth 08-08-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndyhny (Post 2667166)
i ended up getting a $20 foot locker from Walmart and mounting it using the tie downs and a couple of ratchet straps. It has a place for a padlock. Not super strong or secure, but a heck of a lot better than nothing

I ended up doing the same thing but, bought a box from Lowes and strapped it to the footman loops behind the rear seat. I secured it to the seatbelt bracket with a gun lock and put a padlock on the box itself. I would like to take out the rear seat and build a cover but the kids might get a little mad not being able to go wheeling with me.

Crazyflyingplastics 08-09-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Ruth (Post 2667207)
I ended up doing the same thing but, bought a box from Lowes and strapped it to the footman loops behind the rear seat. I secured it to the seatbelt bracket with a gun lock and put a padlock on the box itself. I would like to take out the rear seat and build a cover but the kids might get a little mad not being able to go wheeling with me.

do you have a pic or link of what box you bought? I've been looking around, having trouble finding one that fits the measurements.

03Ruth 08-10-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyflyingplastics (Post 2667917)
do you have a pic or link of what box you bought? I've been looking around, having trouble finding one that fits the measurements.

I tried about every box you could think of and even tried a small trailer tongue box but the plastic covers for the handle and third brake light stick out about 2". So I ended up getting a 26" wide box so the handle cover and brake light cover didn't hit. I guess I got it from home depot not lowes but heres a link. I can post up some pics tomorrow if you want.
26 In. Structural Foam Tool Box with Top Lid Storage-NI8260BK-1 at The Home Depot

Crazyflyingplastics 08-10-2012 01:25 PM

thanks for the link


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.