Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rear Seat for my '99 Wrangler (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rear-seat-for-my-99-wrangler-172953.html)

bshell73 07-11-2012 04:52 PM

Rear Seat for my '99 Wrangler

I bought a wrangler about a month ago, and it has no back seat. i'd like to get a back seat for it, but have been unsuccessful shopping locally for one. i've looked at allthingsjeep.com and they have ones that look pretty cool, but no reviews. any recommendations? i also will need rear seat belts for it, and the capability to strap in car seats.

also... is a seat pretty easy to install? i'm not a "handy-man" at all, but can't imagine it being too difficult since it seems all the seats you can buy online come with mounting hardware.

i'm new to jeeps, so any heads up or advice is appreciated. thanks!

97flexy 07-11-2012 05:22 PM

the rear bench is two bolts on either side. If you lived closer I'd sell you mine in a heart beat. I have no use for it.

Lineman827 07-11-2012 05:27 PM

i live in gloucester county, south jersey. 97tj, w/no use for my backseat. id be more than willin to sell it on the cheap. just needs a gd cleanin...lol p.m. me if youre interested

Gary2 07-11-2012 06:41 PM

I have a friend here in south Jersey interested in a seat in a bad way if it is available

jefferyfghezzi 07-11-2012 06:42 PM

www.daveysjeeps has it all, They are in OHIO.

jeepers29 07-11-2012 07:08 PM

I got the bestop Trailmax ii for my TJ. It has the head rests, which I wanted for my kids neck/ spine safety. I got it thru 4 wheel parts and seems to have held up well. You will need to order mounting brackets as well if your Jeep does not have them

LiftedTj 07-11-2012 07:24 PM

To bad your not closer to Ohio. Someone on craiglist has on for $40 jeep parts .Check on craiglist in all cities close to you. Someone has one out there for you.

Neil F. 07-11-2012 07:54 PM

Don't forget you will need the floor brackets if you do not have them. Ebay has seats on sale all the time but shipping will kill unless they are close by

BLK00TJ 07-11-2012 08:02 PM

Figures. I've been trying to sell my seat for a month now and no bites. I parted out the belts but the seat and brackets remain. Keep an eye on CL and I'm sure you will be able to find one.

coley 07-11-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers29 (Post 2571772)
I got the bestop Trailmax ii for my TJ. It has the head rests, which I wanted for my kids neck/ spine safety. I got it thru 4 wheel parts and seems to have held up well. You will need to order mounting brackets as well if your Jeep does not have them

Yeah. I bought that one also for the same reason. Nice seat. I like it.

bshell73 07-12-2012 11:08 AM

thanks guys! yea... i keep looking on CL for one (even in cities nearby), but i've only found crap seats. Like to have something decent. Maybe I'm being too picky. lol

has anyone put in the fold & tumble split seat? All Things Jeep - Split Fold & Tumble Rear Seat for Jeep Wranglers, 97-02

i like the versatility of something like this.

97flexy 07-14-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshell73 (Post 2574577)
thanks guys! yea... i keep looking on CL for one (even in cities nearby), but i've only found crap seats. Like to have something decent. Maybe I'm being too picky. lol

has anyone put in the fold & tumble split seat? All Things Jeep - Split Fold & Tumble Rear Seat for Jeep Wranglers, 97-02

i like the versatility of something like this.

Thats a cool Idea, I've never seen that. This is what I did to help cargo, and rear seating, while keeping the cargo weight low. the seat is reclined all the way thats why the rear window looks like it wouldn't work. The Rustoleum primer is sitting on my cargo rack, there is storage under the rack next to the battery box.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8498/gedc0074s.jpg