Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Advice on Spider Web Shades

12K views 66 replies 35 participants last post by  Larry D1000 
#1 ·
I'm looking to do a web shade for my TJ however I'm not sure which to buy..

The TJkini just covers the cab while the larger web shade covers both the front and back seats. Also there are two material available the Trailmesh and Ultra mesh. I'm looking for feed back from people who already have them especially the differences if you known them.

Thanks..looks like a great weekend for wheeling!

#6 ·
^ I was thinking the same thing.

I just ordered the SW1 (covers the front and rear) in the Trailmesh. After looking at their website the Trailmesh seemed right for me since I will be spending time off road and don't want to worry about every little tree branch trying to rip it.

#9 ·
McDaniel said:
Actauly I have a question, do you need to use the door surrounds as shown in Tonycrd's pictures?

I was just having lunch here at my desk and thought i would give you a hard time about the post. It's all good :thumb:
The door surrounds are not needed but I have read some people use them for a tighter fit. I think it looks cleaner without them! If anyone near Charlotte is looking for a SW1 in Trail mesh I have a brand new one for sale...got 2 for my birthday!

#11 ·
OrangeCrush said:
How is the rear coverage with passengers in the back? It looks like head room is compromised. Anyone have pics with the shade and the cargo net?
Rear seat headroom is a little less but that part is way back so this isn't really a issue. This is probably the best accessory for a Wrangler and is priced very good for the quality of the part.

#12 ·
^This^ I have the Trailmesh. My daughter is 5 7 so I had to rig it a little so her head would clear in the back seat. Front is fine. I love being able to leave it on and pull the top up. I don't even have to disconnect the bungies in the corner. I just push it back a little.

#14 ·
Sounds like im the only one who got the ultra mesh lol. But then again I dont really go anywhere that I need to worry about damaging the shade.

I like the slightly more fitted look that you get with the ultra mesh and I think it lets a little more light in than the trail mesh.

I went with the SW1, I wouldnt want any more or less coverage than that.

#18 ·
I just installed the TJkini on my 2000 wrangler on thursday. I really love it! I thought sure it would flap and be noisy, but its not! I really like that it doesnt have to be removed in order to put on the soft top.

Question to everyone tho: how come mine has a rectangular cut out at the back, compared to tonycrd who says his is also a TJkini? His is a full rectangle over the front seats and mine doesnt reach the roll bars all the way around. Did I order the wrong one? I see his goes over the back seat, too, but Im comparing the front piece.

Roof Automotive exterior Vehicle Roof rack Auto part

#31 ·
Question to everyone tho: how come mine has a rectangular cut out at the back, compared to tonycrd who says his is also a TJkini? His is a full rectangle over the front seats and mine doesnt reach the roll bars all the way around. Did I order the wrong one? I see his goes over the back seat, too, but Im comparing the front piece.

View attachment 140774
Yep, you got the wrong one, just like me.

Now mount that JK-kini reverse to the rear and your all set, that's where mine now is in the pics above. :thumb:

#19 ·
4X4EVER said:
I just installed the TJkini on my 2000 wrangler on thursday. I really love it! I thought sure it would flap and be noisy, but its not! I really like that it doesnt have to be removed in order to put on the soft top.

Well, we figured out the prob. The sent me a jk kini instead of a tj kini, even tho our receipt said tj kini!

#23 ·
#25 ·
Cant speak for the ultramesh but I have the trail mesh and it is well worth it to keep the sun from beating down on you. I love mine and it dosent completely lose that open air feeling because it is see through

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.