Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pennsylvania Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/)
-   -   Frame rot (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/frame-rot-173543.html)

Kcjab 07-14-2012 09:41 AM

Frame rot

Looking for someone in SE PA that can repair my frame and weld my Quadratech frame repair section on. I am in 19606.
thanks

bittercritter 07-14-2012 10:10 AM

Sorry, not much of a welder, just got exccited to see someone else from 19606

Kcjab 07-14-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bittercritter
Sorry, not much of a welder, just got exccited to see someone else from 19606

Who works on your jeep?

bittercritter 07-14-2012 04:54 PM

Just me, don't know any good mechanics in the area. I just moved here 2 years ago

DonC72 07-15-2012 07:38 PM

Try Jeff Daniels Jeeps yet? Not sure how far away you are, but they do good work.

Kcjab 07-15-2012 10:15 PM

Anyone know anything about Down N Dirty in Reading?

JustinCHorst 07-17-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcjab (Post 2587332)
Anyone know anything about Down N Dirty in Reading?

I havent heard about them at all and I am a few miles from them, their website doesnt seem to be working and they are located in Downtown Reading...makes me a little nervous....I have talked to the guys at Zion offroad and they are a first class operation form what I can tell...problem is they are an hour away.

If you have any more info on DnD let me know, I owuld love to use some local guys.

Kcjab 07-17-2012 10:53 AM

Hi Justin,
Went down to DnD yesterday. It is on the street right before Stout's corvette. Talked to the owner Mike, and what a down to earth, nice guy! He is going to do my welding frame work and the body lift kit to replace the broken mount. I can report further when the work is actually completed, but he made me feel comfortable taking it to him. The phone number on the FB page is correct and it goes to Mikes cell. And yes, it does appear the website is not active, but I forgot to mention that to him. I would give him a call, especially if you live around there. Let me know how you make out. He seems knowledgeable and said hes willing to work with people on cost.

JustinCHorst 07-17-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcjab (Post 2592738)
Hi Justin,
Went down to DnD yesterday. It is on the street right before Stout's corvette. Talked to the owner Mike, and what a down to earth, nice guy! He is going to do my welding frame work and the body lift kit to replace the broken mount. I can report further when the work is actually completed, but he made me feel comfortable taking it to him. The phone number on the FB page is correct and it goes to Mikes cell. And yes, it does appear the website is not active, but I forgot to mention that to him. I would give him a call, especially if you live around there. Let me know how you make out. He seems knowledgeable and said hes willing to work with people on cost.

Thats great news.... I hope the work turns out good....he needs to get his name out there because there seems to be a ton of guys in the area looking for a 4x4 place to do work...how was his shop? I need to get some things done soon so if everything goes well with you I will give him a call. Thanks!!

JustinCHorst 08-10-2012 04:27 PM

KCJab,

I was at DND yesterday, how did your work turnout?....was that your YJ that they have in their shop?....the guys seemed nice, Im going to have them do a few things for me.

Kcjab 08-11-2012 11:06 AM

Hi Justin,
Nope not my YJ, I picked mine up on Wed. last week. Mike is a really nice guy and does nice work. My frame repair came out great and I had a DnD rear bumper put on mine since the frame rot went straight into the bumper mount. It was at the shop for 2 weeks since they had to fab the bumper and then put a body lift kit on since a had a couple broken bolts and disintegrated discs. For everything I had done I thought the price was very reasonable as Mike worked with me to keep it as low as possible and gave me a discount for paying cash. I hope your as happy with him as I am. It's nice to have a good local shop. He just needs to get his name out and is website up! My name is Lori if guys getting talking! Let me know how it works out for ya!

littlethimble 08-21-2012 10:10 PM

Hey guys, check out Hillside Rigs in Ephrata as well Hill Side Rigs
They did some frame repair work for me and I am pleased with the results. They also installed my husband's XJ lift and are going to be doing some other work for me in the near future as soon as I get some $$ saved up.