Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Labrador owners unite!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/labrador-owners-unite-174295.html)

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 09:55 AM

Labrador owners unite!!!
 
5 Attachment(s)
I just thought I'd see how many lab owners are out there :) whether yours is pure bred or just a lab mix, let's see em and tell us about them! (Not sure if there was a thread already made about this or not)

I'll start, I recently bought my first lab pup, she is a chocolate and I've named her Cabela :) as of today she is 3 weeks and 5 days old, so she isn't old enough to take home just yet. I'm so excited!!! I visit her a lot though :)

Attachment 141719

Attachment 141720

Attachment 141721

Attachment 141722

Attachment 141723

RUBICONLJMECHANIC 07-17-2012 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phoebe(black) and Bear(yellow) our 7 month old pure breed puppies!

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 10:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some things I bought for her the other day :)
Squeaky, plush raccoon
Pink tennis ball
Pink "Kong"
Pink harness and matching collar with little diamond studs on it :P
Attachment 141728

And this is a pink camo collar and leash, the collar is bigger, for when she outgrows the other one :)
Attachment 141729

I'm in the process of making a list and ordering other stuff that I need for her,
Dog crate
Dog bed
Detastix
Flea meds
Pup food, etc :)

mikez 07-17-2012 10:05 AM

I have a black lab named Teemu. He is 4 and thanks he is a human.

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUBICONLJMECHANIC
Phoebe(black) and Bear(yellow) our 7 month old pure breed puppies!

Very cute!! How old are they? Glad someone already found this thread!

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikez
I have a black lab named Teemu. He is 4 and thanks he is a human.

Very interesting name, how did you come up with that?

klkb 07-17-2012 03:41 PM

We have two chocolates, Gunnery Sgt. Brown (Gunny for short) and Ruger Blackhawk. They are half brothers. Gunny thinks he's human and is probably the smartest and most expressive dog I've ever known. He actually shuns me if I don't let him ride in the Jeep. He'll retrieve until his 85-pound body gives out.

Ruger, however, is just a Labrador because he is NO retriever. Champion bloodlines don't always matter. He's so sweet, but equally stu..."simple". He crawls under the bed at the sight of a rifle and quivers at thunder. Amusingly, he has no sense of personal space at 100 pounds. Loves being in my lap.

DrLecter90210 07-17-2012 03:47 PM

Fenway is out chocolate lab and he's super excited about our jeep.

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb
We have two chocolates, Gunnery Sgt. Brown (Gunny for short) and Ruger Blackhawk. They are half brothers. Gunny thinks he's human and is probably the smartest and most expressive dog I've ever known. He actually shuns me if I don't let him ride in the Jeep. He'll retrieve until his 85-pound body gives out.

Ruger, however, is just a Labrador because he is NO retriever. Champion bloodlines don't always matter. He's so sweet, but equally stu..."simple". He crawls under the bed at the sight of a rifle and quivers at thunder. Amusingly, he has no sense of personal space at 100 pounds. Loves being in my lap.

Hahaha, and I think you commented on another thread about this lol I remember the names :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrLecter90210
Fenway is out chocolate lab and he's super excited about our jeep.

Sweet!! :) I'm so excited to get my pup and have her cruise with me!

klkb 07-17-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL
Hahaha, and I think you commented on another thread about this lol I remember the names :P

Yeah, that was your puppy thread, before I saw your Lab thread!

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb

Yeah, that was your puppy thread, before I saw your Lab thread!

Haha XD ya I thought I'd see how many lab owners there are! Where are you from? I'm on my phone so it doesn't tell me.. lol I'm from Indiana, about 30 min south of Terre Haute

klkb 07-17-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2595215)
Haha XD ya I thought I'd see how many lab owners there are! Where are you from? I'm on my phone so it doesn't tell me.. lol I'm from Indiana, about 30 min south of Terre Haute

I'm in Northern Virginia, about thirty minutes outside DC. Thirty minutes if there's no traffic, that is. It's a beautiful state.

Lil Red JK 07-17-2012 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is Levi. We adopted him when he was 7yo. I thought we would give him a good home for the years he had left (I was thinking another 3 or 4 years tops) This pic is one of my favorites. He is 12 here in this pic. He is now 14 and is hard of hearing but still acts like the day we got him!

Attachment 141928


This is our Dixie girl. She is 12yo and still loves to pheasant hunt! She will lay next to my husbands gear all night till it's time to go in the morning!


Attachment 141930

Robin in VA 07-17-2012 10:36 PM

Your new puppy is so cute!! She will love the Kong! My lab is now 6, and even though she is still a ball of energy, the only toy she plays with is the Kong! :thumb:

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb

I'm in Northern Virginia, about thirty minutes outside DC. Thirty minutes if there's no traffic, that is. It's a beautiful state.

Oh wow, cool!! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Red JK
This is Levi. We adopted him when he was 7yo. I thought we would give him a good home for the years he had left (I was thinking another 3 or 4 years tops) This pic is one of my favorites. He is 12 here in this pic. He is now 14 and is hard of hearing but still acts like the day we got him!

This is our Dixie girl. She is 12yo and still loves to pheasant hunt! She will lay next to my husbands gear all night till it's time to go in the morning!

Awww :)) very cute and that was very sweet of you too!

WranglerGIRLL 07-17-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin in VA
Your new puppy is so cute!! She will love the Kong! My lab is now 6, and even though she is still a ball of energy, the only toy she plays with is the Kong! :thumb:

Thank you!! :D and hahaha nice!! I can't wait to see Cabela's personality unfold :))

bbtj 07-18-2012 02:46 PM

Here is Mine
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is Jojo. I got her from my daughter, back in 1999, when, my daughter moved into a new apartment. The apartment people said she was too big for the apartment. Jojo weighs in at about 80 lbs. She has had to surgeries, to repair damage to her knees. She loves the jeep, but she can't jump up there anymore, and she is almost too heavy for me to lift.

WranglerGIRLL 07-18-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbtj
This is Jojo. I got her from my daughter, back in 1999, when, my daughter moved into a new apartment. The apartment people said she was too big for the apartment. Jojo weighs in at about 80 lbs. She has had to surgeries, to repair damage to her knees. She loves the jeep, but she can't jump up there anymore, and she is almost too heavy for me to lift.

Awe :( well that's too bad that she couldn't take her, and that she's had 2 surgeries :( she is a cutie though :)

BenHedrick 07-18-2012 03:30 PM

We've got (5) Labs, all boyz! (6) right now as we are fostering one more... :thumb:
My wife is the District Coordinator of Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida.

More pics here: http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/

Here are our boyz:
Jeeper Creeperz (black), Cozmo PuffPuff Kramer (white), Fargo Sir-Poop-Alot Malargo (chocolate), Tater Mr. Magoo Tot (yellow) and Hank the Tank (black).
http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/files/dsc02847.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/files/dsc02816.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/files/dsc00118.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/files...p12-08-270.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/files/dsc02956.jpg

WranglerGIRLL 07-18-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenHedrick
We've got (5) Labs, all boyz! (6) right now as we are fostering one more... :thumb:
My wife is the District Coordinator of Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida.

More pics here: http://benhedrick.com/styled-5/

Here are our boyz:
Jeeper Creeperz (black), Cozmo PuffPuff Kramer (white), Fargo Sir-Poop-Alot Malargo (chocolate), Tater Mr. Magoo Tot (yellow) and Hank the Tank (black).

Awww haha how cool!!

Supercop260 07-18-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb

I'm in Northern Virginia, about thirty minutes outside DC. Thirty minutes if there's no traffic, that is. It's a beautiful state.

Same location For me too...

Here's our 10 year old Lab Earnhardt. She's like a mom to our black & white cat Junior...yes, I like NASCAR.

WranglerGIRLL 07-18-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercop260

Same location For me too...

Here's our 10 year old Lab Earnhardt. She's like a mom to our black & white cat Junior...yes, I like NASCAR.

Hahaha in the first pic it looks like she's smiling haha!

bbtj 07-19-2012 07:18 AM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2598238)
Awe :( well that's too bad that she couldn't take her, and that she's had 2 surgeries :( she is a cutie though :)

Thanks.

WranglerGIRLL 07-19-2012 10:25 AM

My pup turns 4 weeks today :)

WranglerGIRLL 07-19-2012 08:33 PM

Question, what size crate do you gots use for your lab? Is a large crate good or extra large??

schnutzy 07-19-2012 09:31 PM

my best friend breeds them. so at least once a year, i get to play with lots of lab puppies. lots of fun.
although i am a mutt guy at heart, so mutts i shall have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb (Post 2595546)
I'm in Northern Virginia, about thirty minutes outside DC. Thirty minutes if there's no traffic, that is. It's a beautiful state.

be thankful you dont have to put up with the inside the beltway traffic. drives me insane on a daily basis.

but once you get out of that area, it is a wonderfully beautiful state.

schnutzy 07-19-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2603464)
Question, what size crate do you gots use for your lab? Is a large crate good or extra large??

the crate should reflect the size of the dog. as a puppy, either of those would be to big. personally, im not a fan of crating dog. never have, and we have always had good luck. although i can see how they are useful.

schnutzy 07-19-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2601400)
My pup turns 4 weeks today :)

:eek:
holy cow your dog is young

WranglerGIRLL 07-19-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy

the crate should reflect the size of the dog. as a puppy, either of those would be to big. personally, im not a fan of crating dog. never have, and we have always had good luck. although i can see how they are useful.

Oh ok
Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy

:eek:
holy cow your dog is young

I don't have her yet, she isn't old enough to come home with me

schnutzy 07-19-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2603903)
Oh ok

I don't have her yet, she isn't old enough to come home with me

if you do want to crate, a quick look on craigslist will generally get you what you are after, for a cheap price. that lab will get big pretty fast, so no reason to get a super nice/expensive one.

and that makes sense..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.