Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   I want global warming back (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/i-want-global-warming-back-17531.html)

SPDSNYPR 04-10-2008 07:17 PM

I want global warming back

That Gore guy is full of shit. Where is all the dry, warm weather? I want to get out and play, but it never stops raining. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to go topless when the whole town floods every other day? :9lame:

I need to move to Arizona or something.

Rain and cold blow.

That is all.

AzTJ 04-10-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 217223)
I need to move to Arizona.

You speak the truth. :D Here in Payson it was actually about 45 out most of the day with sprinkles. Warmed up nicely though... and it's supposed to be in the mid 90's in the Phoenix area this weekend. :D

Dare2BSquare 04-10-2008 07:23 PM

I hear you brother! The eastern half of the state of Arkansas is under water right now. I have to wear my boots to go to the mailbox!

amy 04-10-2008 08:59 PM

Global warming was never anything more than a scare tactic to make money for Al Gore and his cronies. In fact, this one winter has undone all of the global warming that's supposedly taken place over the last 100 years.

I've been saying, for years, that we were headed for an ice age. I'm not really happy about being right. :redface:

debruins 04-10-2008 09:06 PM

it's no t technically called global warming its called global climate change and it will get a lot colder in the north and a lot hotter in the south, but not for a while

Dare2BSquare 04-10-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 217260)
it's no t technically called global warming its called global climate change and it will get a lot colder in the north and a lot hotter in the south, but not for a while

It's only been going on for thousands of years. Climate is cyclic. A lot of people have just found a way to market it.

Be sure to buy up your carbon credits. They won't help your retirement, but you at least will feel better about yourself in the old folks home.

skeeter 04-10-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 217260)

It didn't get changed to "global climate change" until "global warming" was exposed as a scam ;)

I was listening to some "global warming" "experts" on the news the other day trying to explain why their computer models weren't getting the results they were expecting, it was funny as hell listening to em stammer and stutter.:flipoff:

Scout 04-10-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 217223)
That Gore guy is full of shit. Where is all the dry, warm weather? I want to get out and play, but it never stops raining. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to go topless when the whole town floods every other day? :9lame:

I need to move to Arizona or something.

Rain and cold blow.

That is all.

That's funny. :D

RatherBNarizona 04-10-2008 11:40 PM

haha come to AZ!
its awesome here!
was 80 out today
you may not like the summers to much though.... (around 115)

MOz 04-11-2008 06:48 AM

I'm glad to see I was not the only person in this country to think global warming is a bunch of BS.... To think some people exploited fears and hold public office on this issue makes me want to scream.

However, I'm trying to do my part to save energy in heating my home. I recently installed a wood based system to heat my house and hot water. For the record, I assure you my motivation is strictly selfish and financially oriented..

It wasn't too long ago, people who cut down trees for home heating were viewed as BAD people...people who desicrated the environment. The tide has changed and trees are viewed as a renewable resource (like that ever really changed?) Now, if you burn wood (and not oil or gas) you are considered GREEN.... So here's a big middle finger to those moronic tree huggers 20 years ago who changed their tune. I bet most of them are burning oil or gas so happy trails on your fuel bills.

jpdocdave 04-11-2008 07:23 AM

right on, i just heard our climate in the midwest has trended cooler for the last 365 days, and the record hi temps for this last week or so was in the 1930's it was in the
90's, and now its in the 50's. good thing gore got a nobel prize though. and he flew his private jet over to get it, put his luggage in a limo, but couldn't ride in the limo, took a charter bus to the event. ummm, he just used more gas than all of us in a year. i appreciate his work on reducing our carbon foot print.

sgnellett 04-11-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 217322)
haha come to AZ!
its awesome here!
was 80 out today
you may not like the summers to much though.... (around 115)

Yeah, but it's a dry heat, right?

RatherBNarizona 04-11-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgnellett (Post 217480)
Yeah, but it's a dry heat, right?

yep!
no humidity or bugs
just a blast of hot air
literally!

SPDSNYPR 04-11-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 217530)
yep!
no humidity or bugs
just a blast of hot air
literally!

I'd be fine with that. Here in the summer, it's in the 100-110 range with lots of humidity and bugs almost big enough to carry you off!!

Sucks wearing a vest.

sgnellett 04-11-2008 08:44 PM

I'll bet, we get about the same here some times, and it sucks not wearing a vest, I'll bet that mullet wig of yours gets mighty warm too! :rofl:

KicknJeep 04-12-2008 10:13 PM

SPDSNYPR have you tried one of those hoses that you attach from your car A/C vent and it tucks down the front of your shirt to behind your vest? I haven't tried one but several other patrol guys have and swear by them.

amy 04-13-2008 01:54 AM

talk about climate change... two day ago it was snowing here, today it was 72. I'm really tempted to take my top off.

tarheel 04-13-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 218015)
talk about climate change... two day ago it was snowing here, today it was 72. I'm really tempted to take my top off.

just jeep?

SPDSNYPR 04-13-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknJeep (Post 217918)
SPDSNYPR have you tried one of those hoses that you attach from your car A/C vent and it tucks down the front of your shirt to behind your vest? I haven't tried one but several other patrol guys have and swear by them.

Nah - saw ads for them a few years ago and didnt think about them much after. Kinda looked silly, but I bet they work. Wouldn't want to do it anyway - I'd rub my nipples raw on my vest gettin' 'em cold like that. :firedevil:

amy 04-13-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelrphs (Post 218017)
just jeep?

Um, yes, I'll go with that. :D

G54 04-13-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOz (Post 217352)
I'm glad to see I was not the only person in this country to think global warming is a bunch of BS....

Not to get all conspiritorial, but Google "The Report from Iron Mountain" sometime. It was allegedly a research study done in the early '60s designed to determine the effects and consequences of worldwide peace. It was determined to be a hoax by some, but others believe that was said just to discredit it once it was exposed by one of the researchers.

This is a short quote from the report regarding ways to unify the new world which I suppose could apply to the global warming scare:

"The fictive models would have to carry the weight of extraordinary conviction, underscored with a not inconsiderable actual sacrifice of life;"

Soooo...maybe they got the incredibly credible Al Gore to write a book. Hmmm.

MOz 04-14-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgus (Post 218167)
Not to get all conspiritorial, but Google "The Report from Iron Mountain" sometime. It was allegedly a research study done in the early '60s designed to determine the effects and consequences of worldwide peace. It was determined to be a hoax by some, but others believe that was said just to discredit it once it was exposed by one of the researchers.

This is a short quote from the report regarding ways to unify the new world which I suppose could apply to the global warming scare:

"The fictive models would have to carry the weight of extraordinary conviction, underscored with a not inconsiderable actual sacrifice of life;"

Soooo...maybe they got the incredibly credible Al Gore to write a book. Hmmm.

I didn't know Al could write...