Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ Tech Forum (
-   -   4" lift springs (

mrbigjeep 05-12-2006 08:19 PM

4" lift springs
if i buy a set of 4 inch lift springs (coils)...will i get 4 inches of lift..or is there something else that i have to have to lift it or can i just buy a set of 4 inch lift springs and that will lift it 4 inches?

mrbigjeep 05-12-2006 08:21 PM

oh..and if just the 4 inch lift springs will lift it...i'll need new shocks (longer, aftermarket ones) right?

khenderson 05-12-2006 11:14 PM

yes 4'' springs will lift your jeep 4''. and yes you will need new shocks. but a lift kit will anclude all the other things you need to keep everything as it should be, as when you lift your jeep 4'', you change many specs that keep it driveable. the extra parts in a lift kit keep your jeep driveable after lifting it that much.

mrbigjeep 05-12-2006 11:18 PM

yea and i found that having a 4 inch lift with the stock control arms would be bouncy so i wont do that...but i was thinking of just getting some factory rubicon coil springs (so that i get the 1.5" of lift) and just running the 31' jeep is too low right now and the tires are too small...i want it higher with bigger tires but not so high and big that i have to spend all my money on stuff like gears and sye and cv driveshaft and stuff like i will prolly just go with the rubicon coil and 31's so i dont have to dump money out on all that other stuff...ill prolly do a post on that...if u can help then please respond...thanks

khenderson 05-13-2006 01:12 PM

you will only get lift out of rubicon springs if your springs are sagging right now. i replaced my springs and got about 1'' in front and maybe 1/2'' out back. but a BB is a cheap way to get a little extra lift to tuck in 31-33's without much trouble.

lcpl Konicki 05-14-2006 02:19 AM

If i bought a bb combo w/ the 2" coil spacers and the 1" body will I be able to fit 33x12.50's?

mrbigjeep 05-14-2006 10:12 AM should be able to clear 33x12.50' will be fine on the road and will not rub any but once you get off road you will prolly rub some when your flexin...but if your just drivin on the road or just flexin a little then you should be fine off road or on road