Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New York Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/)
-   -   Tint in ny (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/tint-in-ny-175939.html)

silverjeep1 07-24-2012 06:59 PM

Tint in ny
 
Anybody tint their two front windows in Nyc or ny
I want to tint my front windows but want the exact match
Is it 20 percent
What's legal in the front ?

JKULINY 07-24-2012 07:46 PM

I'm from Long Island and have my front windows tinted to match the rears. According to the guy who tinted mine, the way the front windows come from the factory is the legal limit.

silverjeep1 07-25-2012 04:04 AM

What percent did he tint your windows?

JKULINY 07-25-2012 08:52 AM

Not sure. He matched it perfect though.

JKU-554 07-26-2012 10:36 AM

I have a guy that's REALLY GOOD. He comes right to my shop in Huntington. Let me know, if you're interested. I need to get mine done to so maybe he'll knock out both.

agn015 08-16-2012 06:27 PM

JKU-554, I may be interested and I'm just south in Amityville. Can you find out how much he'd charge to do the front windows?

americonium 08-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agn015
JKU-554, I may be interested and I'm just south in Amityville. Can you find out how much he'd charge to do the front windows?

Try Central Sight & Sound on 110 and Gazza, should be about $100. Excellent tint matching.

Brun019822 10-03-2012 10:04 PM

how hard can it be to get your windows tinted in LI? i went to 2 different places to get it done and both places said they would call me to let me know when to come in and they never called me back. wtf people dont want my money?

2004tj 10-16-2012 07:06 PM

Buy pre-cut tints off eBay for 20 bucks. Perfect match and quality is great. Installing is very easy on the wrangler. Just remove door panels and the triangle guider by the mirror. Did mine myself and they are perfect. I would buy two sets if it's your first time though. If your not too anal about the quality then this is the way to go.

CS2010 10-22-2012 04:25 PM

Legal in nys is 70% vlt for anything aftermarket, u tint less, possibility of getting a ticket or at least stopped...

Beach-Bum 10-23-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brun019822
how hard can it be to get your windows tinted in LI? i went to 2 different places to get it done and both places said they would call me to let me know when to come in and they never called me back. wtf people dont want my money?

Where on LI are you? I'm a big fan of Underground Tints in Bohemia. He's done 2 of my cars, eventually my jeep will be done by him too

Trendsetter75 12-10-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach-Bum (Post 2916883)
Where on LI are you? I'm a big fan of Underground Tints in Bohemia. He's done 2 of my cars, eventually my jeep will be done by him too

Where in Bohemia what street. I live in Lake Ronk.

Beach-Bum 12-11-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trendsetter75
Where in Bohemia what street. I live in Lake Ronk.

Ocean Ave. up by vets highway

Beach-Bum 12-11-2012 07:16 PM

Actually. A friend of mine just started a tinting and vinyl wrapping business. Very low prices. I will get more info

Dafroshiza 12-13-2012 04:01 PM

Window Tint in NYC
 
I own a shop in Staten Island and the correct match for most trucks including the Wrangler is 15%. I do them all day long and matches perfect since the rear section is 20% from the factory, I put 15% on the two fronts to make up the difference from the light coming in from the windshield. If any of you on this forum are interested I will give a significant discount to any members and we also have computerized cut outs.

silverjeep1 03-03-2013 05:46 AM

Where is your tint shop


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.