Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   CCAIN'S request . . . . a gun thread. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/ccains-request-a-gun-thread-17603.html)

SPDSNYPR 04-13-2008 03:38 PM

CCAIN'S request . . . . a gun thread.

Well, he's right. We haven't had a gun thread in awhile. So here goes.

You are at your house, in your room. Someone kicks in your door and the noise wakes you. Your options are below. What do you grab for and why.

Just a curiosity thing. Just want to know what goes through most people's minds.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0413081417.jpg

-Rem 870 12 ga with either buck or slugs available.
-AK 7.62x39 with 123 gr FMJ
-Colt AR15A3 .223 w 55gr JSP
-Smith 66 loaded with .38 spl Gold Dot hp
-Glock 32 .357 sig w/ gold dots.

Let the great debate begin. Put your reasons why. The items shown are your only options.

MR.CLIFFORD 04-13-2008 03:56 PM

duh

SPDSNYPR 04-13-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 218137)
duh

OOHH - thanks for the in-depth description of why. :rolleyes: :9lame:

G54 04-13-2008 04:15 PM

I voted 12 gauge. After my dog's barking wakes me and alerts me to trouble, I'll get the shotgun out of the safe. I have a SureFire X200 mounted to the 18" barrel of my Mossberg and it's stoked with low recoil 00 buck. Makes really big holes.

MNPHINZ 04-13-2008 04:22 PM

AR-15, locked, cocked, and ready to rock...Semper Fi

:eek:

amy 04-13-2008 04:28 PM

I'd start out with the S&W because I'm familiar with S&W revolvers and better with pistols than with long guns, and it'd be more maneuverable. I'd use the AK next because, again, I'm familiar with it and good with it.

JCS05Rubi 04-13-2008 04:53 PM

I voted the 12GA, because it is the least likely to penetrate multiple layers of drywall and injure the others in my house, but even with buck shot its almost just as bad as everything else.

My personal favorite house weapon is a .410. Enough punch to stop a threat, easy to use in a panic situation, still spreads through the hallway nicely, and is the least likely firearm to cause extra damage from penetrating drywall. Only goes through 1 extra room if I remember right.

If your not familar with CQB with long guns, taurus even makes the .410/.45colt judge revolver :D

rebelBullDawg325 04-13-2008 05:01 PM

it'd either be my hand gun or 12 GA, guess it depends on if i knew where the exactly where the guy was and which of us had the element of surprise in his favor. if i knew i had some time it'd probably be .45..... if it was happening in a hurry, the 12 ga

RatherBNarizona 04-13-2008 05:16 PM

shotgun
cause my aim sucks!

RIPBiker13 04-13-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 218130)
Well, he's right. We haven't had a gun thread in awhile. So here goes.

That's just because I've been super busy working AND trying to find a new job so I haven't been on here enough to make one! :wavey:

Dare2BSquare 04-13-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 218130)
You are at your house, in your room. Someone kicks in your door and the noise wakes you. Your options are below. What do you grab for and why.

Just a curiosity thing. Just want to know what goes through most people's minds.

I'd scream like a little girl and hide under the bed!!! :p

G54 04-13-2008 06:42 PM

I want this:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/guns/reco...?autoplay=true

4point 04-13-2008 06:46 PM

I'd grab the 870 because I sleep with my Glock on.

whiteyj 04-13-2008 07:55 PM

double duh....there isn't anything as effective as the very distinctive sound of a pump shotgun slide being racked. If that doesn't change their mind one round of #4 birdhot will. Plus all you have to do it point in the general direction. Coupled with the round isn't going to penetrate the wall and accidently hurt someone in the next room.:banghead:

rebelBullDawg325 04-13-2008 08:17 PM

the slide is the only thing i'm worried about actually. if they're armed they might get crazy and think they're gonna teach you something. but either way, if you've got the balls to come in my house, you better have the balls to die in my house, i may not want to scare em off

HighTechRedneck 04-13-2008 08:29 PM

I voted the Rem 870, that would be the first i'd pick up. If I couldn't get that in time i'd look for the AR-15.

[TheYJGuy] 04-13-2008 08:31 PM

I'd go for the shottie, too. I like having to be close to the target to do damage :D

KicknJeep 04-13-2008 08:37 PM

I vote for my 500a with surefire mounted light then cuff whats left :punk:

4.0l sahara 04-13-2008 08:42 PM

Well I'm only 16 but know where every gun and bullet is in my house and if sombody broke in and I was alone Id run for the .45 because i'm good with that gun.:)

rebelBullDawg325 04-13-2008 08:50 PM

you dont keep at least one in your room?

jpdocdave 04-13-2008 08:53 PM

i voted s&w, i love my 19-2. loaded w/ .357 hollow point, and speed loader waitin. man i love that gun. a cop friend told me to own a revolver, and empty it if i ever use it, shell cases stay w/ the gun, but i do want a semi auto next though.

2much 04-13-2008 09:23 PM

I couldn't decide between the 870 and the glock, I own both and they both have there strong suites for home defense. The 870 virtually unjamable and no need for accuracy just squeeze off a few, the glock easier to manage in tight spaces, more ammo, and posslible more lethal depending on the situation, also, just point and shoot.
the trait both the 870 and the glock share that make them excelent canidates for home defense is reliability, I mean sure assault rifles and all that are nice, but when someone kicks in my door I want something I know I count on.

JCS05Rubi 04-13-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 218221)
double duh....there isn't anything as effective as the very distinctive sound of a pump shotgun slide being racked. If that doesn't change their mind one round of #4 birdhot will. Plus all you have to do it point in the general direction. Coupled with the round isn't going to penetrate the wall and accidently hurt someone in the next room.:banghead:

A lot of times that is NOT the answer brotha. True, random street punks break into houses just to steal stuff while they are all drugged up etc. but what if this particular burglar was half way intelligent and packing. Even worse, what if somehow he found out you had firearms? Maybe somebody at a gun store sold addresses, or one of your friends just mentioned your name in a convo.

Racking the slide of a shotgun is a REALLY good way to give away your position, as is a surefire. Don't get me wrong, like I said before, a .410 would be my choice, and my house is packed with surefires. Just gotta be smart. Either leave your shotgun loaded, or rack is quietly in your room nice and slow , before you attempt to clear the house. Even better, don't even clear the house at all. Rack is slow and quiet, and hide in a closet or a corner facing the bedroom door. Use your surefire ONLY when its time to blind your assailant and identify the target. Clearing a house with a surefire and racking a 12ga to intimidate someone is a really good way to make sure a firearm is trained in your direction if the burglar is armed.

Not trying to bust anyones ba^^s, just something I learned a few years back that might save a loved one or yourself some day :)

skeeter 04-13-2008 11:24 PM

Of those listed, I'd go for the AK.
30 rounds with the capability of effectively penetrating cover, it should be able to handle whatever scenario you wish to build.

The only things I own from your list are a .38 and an AK.
Everything on the list will over penetrate. don't think that it won't. Even bird shot will go through walls and shotgun blasts won't spread much at all at inside the home ranges, you still need to aim.

My normal go to gun for strange noises in the night is my 1911 and a spare mag. Large enough to handle an intruder but small enough to conceal should I need to move outside the house.

Dare2BSquare 04-13-2008 11:28 PM

Can't we all just get along?

AzTJ 04-14-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNmexico (Post 218157)
shotgun
cause my aim sucks!

x2 :D

amy 04-14-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 218331)
Can't we all just get along?

Well, we can. It's those others that can't. ;)

parrot head 04-14-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 218329)
Of those listed, I'd go for the AK.
30 rounds with the capability of effectively penetrating cover, it should be able to handle whatever scenario you wish to build.

The only things I own from your list are a .38 and an AK.
Everything on the list will over penetrate. don't think that it won't. Even bird shot will go through walls and shotgun blasts won't spread much at all at inside the home ranges, you still need to aim.

My normal go to gun for strange noises in the night is my 1911 and a spare mag. Large enough to handle an intruder but small enough to conceal should I need to move outside the house.

X2. My 1911 officers acp. It packs awesome stopping power, you don't even have to hit center mass! God created man, Sam Colt made them equal!

MOz 04-14-2008 12:19 PM

Nothing says hello better to the bad guy than a round being racked up in a shotgun... It's a sound that is unmistakeable.....no warning is required and you don't have to be too picky where you point it.

whitebuffalo 04-14-2008 02:31 PM

id opt for the scattergun. my 2nd choice would be the glock. in fact, thats exactly what i keep close at hand for just such situations (diff models though). i have each of them nearby, with the choice going to how much time i have (i.e. how close the intruder is-if they're already in my bedroom, Mr. Glock is gonna do the dirty work).