Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   TJ back soft top new! Trade for mud tires? (IL) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/tj-back-soft-top-new-trade-for-mud-tires-il-17644.html)

rubicon 04-14-2008 10:21 PM

TJ back soft top new! Trade for mud tires? (IL)

I have a brand new black soft top that has a little tint that I dont need, the top has everything it needs except the plastic front windows because mine's a hard top.. and I need some mud tires for my rubicon: 31, 32, 33, or 35's...I live in Southern Illinois would anyone be interested in trading sum tires that fit my criteria for my brand new black soft top let me know. We can work something out with the shipping deal if your not from around me. I would like the tires 2 be in decent shape that I can drive around on the road quite a bit. Thanks!

bpowa 04-14-2008 11:00 PM

why not just sell the soft top on craigs list. and use the money to buy tires.

TXST8tj 04-15-2008 09:22 AM

not sure what people pay up there, but i bought my brand new OEM 06 Rubicon black top with everything for $400 a couple months ago off of craigslist.

it's obviously starting to get warmer, so there will be a lot of hard top TJ owners in need of new soft tops for the spring and summer. you should have no problem selling it on CL for $400-$500.
even a new set of 31s is going to cost you a lot more than that, but it would be a good start.

rubicon 04-15-2008 03:52 PM

I don't want a brand new pair of 31's...I want a decent pair thats more than likely going to equal the same amount as my soft top..you know what I'm saying?

bpowa 04-15-2008 05:56 PM

:confused: I paied 400 also for a newly used 1 month of use. off a 06 rubi.

sell it for 300 and go to a used tire place and buy 31's or buy them new.. why would you want them used anyway?

rubicon 04-15-2008 08:05 PM

This soft-top hasn't ever been used. I don't have money to add on to the amount I sell the soft-top for or I would buy a brand new pair. Anyone interested in buying?

rubicon 04-16-2008 08:26 PM

??????????????????????

tjopilot 04-17-2008 12:41 PM

The boy is looking for a good deal! Someone sitting on a used pair of tires take care of him! Totally understand buddy! Sounds like a good deal for someone.

UNLIMITLESS 04-17-2008 08:22 PM

Bows and everything?
Willing to ship to 12487 in NY?
Let me know what you are looking to get for it.
PM me.

cavediverjc 04-17-2008 09:06 PM

I've got a set of like-new BFG All Terrains. 31x10.50x15 They'll wear forever and are great for sand/snow/rocks/daily driving. Not too great in the mud, but they're probably one of the most aggressive all terrain tires out there. And they're quiet on the road. The only reason I have these off my Jeep is because I have 33's now.

I'd be happy to send them to you for your soft-top.

Let me know. I'll take pics if you are interested.

-Jordan-

4point 04-17-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 219475)
I've got a set of like-new BFG All Terrains. 31x10.50x15 They'll wear forever and are great for sand/snow/rocks/daily driving. Not too great in the mud, but they're probably one of the most aggressive all terrain tires out there. And they're quiet on the road. The only reason I have these off my Jeep is because I have 33's now.

I'd be happy to send them to you for your soft-top.

Let me know. I'll take pics if you are interested.

-Jordan-

Hey, hows the rehab going.

cavediverjc 04-17-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 219477)
Hey, hows the rehab going.

I'm in a non weight-bearing cast right now. I'll be in it for another month, according to the surgeon who did the reconstruction. After that, I'll get into a walking boot and start physical therapy for the next 6 months, minimum. Realistically, I'm looking at 6-9 months, maybe a year of rehabbing this leg. It's getting better everyday...hell, I've completely weaned myself of any painkillers. Sometimes I regret making that decision, but I don't like the idea of putting those narcotics into my body. I'd rather deal with the pain. So, all in all, everything's going fairly well......so far........ :)

Thanks for asking :wavey:

Jordan

4point 04-17-2008 09:19 PM

Good deal, sounds like you're able to work on your jeep a little since you upgraded your tires.

cavediverjc 04-17-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 219490)
Good deal, sounds like you're able to work on your jeep a little since you upgraded your tires.

Yeah, I've picked up a Full Traction lift, a body lift, a bunch of odds and ends, and some 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials. Now, if I can only find some time to install everything. The crutches keep getting in the way.. :banghead:

Hotrod97z 07-22-2008 01:28 PM

I hope to be upgrading to 33s in the next month or so and I need a new top. I currently have 31x10.50x15 Hankook MTs with plenty of tread left. If you still have the top and are still interested when I upgrade, maybe we could work something out. I live in Memphis, so if we could meet somewhere that would eliminate shipping saving us both A LOT of money. In fact, a trip to LBL wouldn't hurt my feelings and that's not too far from Bridgeport, IL.

Go to http://www.hankooktireusa.com/produc...il.asp?pid=358 and check out the Hankook MT RT03 tires.

Hotrod97z 07-22-2008 01:33 PM

OK...I just noticed those posts were from April! :banghead: