Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   Rubicon Owners of Oregon - Check-In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/rubicon-owners-of-oregon-check-in-176702.html)

timareich 07-27-2012 10:55 PM

Rubicon Owners of Oregon - Check-In

If you are a Rubicon owner and live in Oregon please post pics and comment. Show upgrades, accessories, wheels, tires, lifts... etc. etc. etc...

Cold 07-27-2012 11:01 PM

Welcome to the forum!

<--- check out my Jeeps profile :D

timareich 07-27-2012 11:07 PM

Getting new wheels and tires next month...

Probably going with Goodyear Duratrac 265/75 16 and one of these three wheels, Micky Thompson Black Classic II alloy, Black Rock Type 8 Series 997 steel, Pro Comp Series 7089 Wheel - Cast Blast, any suggestions?

scottmphoto 07-28-2012 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just picked her up Monday and am almost done with the build up...goal is tomorrow. Duratrac 35/12.50s on MTB rims, 2.5" Tflex lift, ACE sliders, Rockhard front and rear bumpers.

jonster 07-28-2012 01:27 PM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...j/DSC_0009.jpg

Shauna 07-28-2012 03:58 PM

just bought....now it's time to find a good trail around here :)
http://jeepwest.com/uploaded/534665229.jpg

rvkillian 07-28-2012 05:00 PM

A bunch of us are going to TSF tomorrow, you're more than welcome to join us. Look for a thread called "Brown's camp July 29"

timareich 07-28-2012 05:28 PM

Mud Flaps and Fender Flares - Laws in Oregon

Just in case you were wondering, some people don't know this... Besides no one like tickets... Right? I Don't...

815.180 Standards. This section designates fender and mudguard standards for ORS 815.185. Except as specifically provided by an exemption under ORS 815.190, a vehicle is in violation of ORS 815.185 if the vehicle is not equipped with fenders or mudguards as required under ORS 815.185 or if the fenders or mudguards do not meet the standards of this section or are not of the type required by this section. The standards for fenders and mudguards are as follows:
(1) There are three different types of fenders and mudguards. Any vehicle required to have fenders and mudguards may be equipped with any fender, cover, flap or splash apron to comply with the requirements of ORS 815.185 for fenders and mudguards as long as the fenders and mudguards meet all of the following standards:
(a) The width of any fender or mudguard required under this section must be of sufficient size so that the fender or mudguard extends at least to each side of the width of the tire or combined width of the multiple tires when measured against the cross section of the tread of the wheel or the combined cross sections of the treads of the multiple wheels.
(b) Any fender or mudguard required under this section must be of sufficient size and must be so constructed as to be capable at all times of arresting and deflecting any dirt, mud, water or other substance that may be picked up and carried by the wheels.
(2) The following types of fenders or mudguards must cover the wheels of the vehicle in the manner described in paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection:
(a) Type I fenders or mudguards must extend in full width from a point on the wheels that is above and forward of the center of the tires over to a point at the rear of the wheels that is not more than 10 inches, or, if attached to the rear of a dump box that elevates for unloading, not more than 13 inches, above the surface of the highway when the vehicle is empty.
(b) Type II fenders or mudguards must extend downward in full width from a point behind the wheels that is not lower than halfway between the center of the wheels and the top of the tires to a point at the rear of the wheels that is not more than 10 inches above the surface of the highway when the vehicle is empty.
(c) Type III fenders or mudguards must extend in full width from a point on the wheels that is above and forward of the center of the tire over a point at the rear of the wheel that is not more than 27 inches above the surface of the highway.

Shauna 07-28-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvkillian (Post 2631344)
A bunch of us are going to TSF tomorrow, you're more than welcome to join us. Look for a thread called "Brown's camp July 29"

Thanks! Can't make it tomorrow though. Next one, for sure! :)

scottmphoto 07-28-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauna (Post 2631446)
Thanks! Can't make it tomorrow though. Next one, for sure! :)

Welcome!!!

timareich 09-13-2012 06:22 PM

Here is what I did... Duratrac 265/75 16 tires and Pro Comp 7069 wheels...

My Rubicon

DrHolliday 09-13-2012 10:17 PM

Here's my submission... I like to keep my vehicles mostly stock :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...p/IMG_1922.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...8692997246.jpg

IslandTJ 09-14-2012 12:38 AM

LOL, I still remember when you were stock :popcorn:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHolliday (Post 2790620)

2esinajeep 09-14-2012 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
07 rubicon not much done to it yet just a procomp (junk) lift and some new seat covers also aftermarket exhaust can't remember what it was though. Next purchase will be LOD front and rear bumpers.

Attachment 159981

shewoolf 09-14-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ (Post 2790889)

Yeah it was just a year ago :rofl: Didn't take Chris long to get the bug that is for sure!

DrHolliday 09-16-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ (Post 2790889)

Still is, but with a couple bolt on parts :dance:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2esinajeep (Post 2790994)
07 rubicon not much done to it yet just a procomp (junk) lift and some new seat covers also aftermarket exhaust can't remember what it was though. Next purchase will be LOD front and rear bumpers.

Attachment 159981

Love the color!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewoolf (Post 2791502)
Yeah it was just a year ago :rofl: Didn't take Chris long to get the bug that is for sure!

I had the bug before I go the bug before I got the Jeep. Its dangerous to give some one with the 'mod bug' something like a Jeep. the mods are endless.

banks316 09-16-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewoolf (Post 2791502)

Im a bad influence on people sometimes. IslandTJ is next ill convert him over soon he will be on 37's.

DrHolliday 09-16-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banks316 (Post 2799132)
Im a bad influence on people sometimes. IslandTJ is next ill convert him over soon he will be on 37's.

Just need to take him out a couple more times :firedevil:

skjeeper 09-16-2012 11:31 PM

Tell me about it....

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, as I tell others, buying a Jeep is worse than buying a boat! You will never stop with the modifications. The only problem I had at first was knowing which companies sold you junk, and which ones had your best interests at heart with quality aftermarket parts. My first lesson in that was a Rugged Ridge hood lock I bought for my JK. I took it to the dealer when I was in LA and the service writer saw it, laughed, and said "What the hell is that?". I was about as red as my JK then. Anyhow, in the spirit of this thread, I bought one Rubicon, and I "built" the other. Who needs a wife or a dog when you have a jeep.:) Just kidding. Enjoy and I will see you all on the trails, sometime. I was just there Saturday. Maybe we can play Marco-Polo at Tillamook?:)

All the best-

Crane guy 09-30-2012 03:28 AM

2012 Rubicon with Teraflex 6" long arm lift, fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, fox steering stabilizer, Teraflex Speed bumps, 38" toyo mud country tires, ATX Wheels, Smittybuilt front & rear bumpers, Warm 9.5 winch. More mod to come if my wife lets me?

jsears 10-07-2012 01:48 AM

Psssh. Rubicon owners with their fancy lockers, electronic sway bars, and Dana 44's up front.

Psssh. :-)

rvkillian 10-07-2012 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crane Guy on the RTI ramp at the No Roads Required event today.

Attachment 167109

rvkillian 10-07-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2867367)
Psssh. Rubicon owners with their fancy lockers, electronic sway bars, and Dana 44's up front.

Psssh. :-)

Don't forget the 4:1 transfer case :D

DrHolliday 10-07-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvkillian

Don't forget the 4:1 transfer case :D

It provides the biggest advantage over the sport models when it comes to rock crawling IMO.

banks316 10-08-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHolliday (Post 2869642)
It provides the biggest advantage over the sport models when it comes to rock crawling IMO.

pfft 5.22:1 case is even better

Lbear 11-02-2012 03:01 PM

Just took delivery of my Gekko Rubi 2dr and have to give a plug for Dick Hannah Jeep.:punk: I went through their internet program, got a very good price and Will Dose gave me all the time and info I needed to test drive and ask questions before, during and after the sale. Closing, while long, was without incident. And no hassle about trying to charge me for the price increases. They honored the original price (my window sticker had the increases). All in all a good experience. :)

Man are Jeeps fun or what? OK, a couple of little things. For all that money ya think Jeep could supply locking filler covers and door stops. Straps, really? Other than that I absolutely love my new Jeep. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

rvkillian 11-02-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lbear (Post 2954050)
Man are Jeeps fun or what? OK, a couple of little things. For all that money ya think Jeep could supply locking filler covers and door stops. Straps, really?

Straps make it easy to take the doors off :)

Lbear 11-02-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvkillian (Post 2954434)
Straps make it easy to take the doors off :)

Understood but Star, for example, makes a set of stops that quick disconnect and Jeep could do the same. Just seems like it shouldn't be an aftermarket item. :popcorn: No biggie.

rvkillian 11-02-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lbear (Post 2955159)
Understood but Star, for example, makes a set of stops that quick disconnect and Jeep could do the same. Just seems like it shouldn't be an aftermarket item. :popcorn: No biggie.

I don't like the straps either, but you get used to them. At least on the new wranglers, they got rid of the strap on the rear gate. I carried a shovel year round in my '09 just to be able to keep the rear gate propped open when parked off-camber.

On my '12, the rear strap has been replaced with a detent, and the rear gate stays open, even slightly off-camber. Besides the new engine and transmission, that is my favorite feature.

Since jeep did that for the rear gate, then maybe something is in the works for the side doors in the future.

skjeeper 11-03-2012 10:19 PM

Congrats on the new jeep!

Yeah, there are always a few things that Jeep could have given you from the factory but doesn't. A door stop would be nice, esp. in parking lots so you don't ding your door, or the car next to you. I agree with rvkillian, having a rear door stop is key. I almost squashed my fingers so many times with that door unexpectedly swinging shut. My rear bumper is integrated with the tailgate so it holds it open, but I understand this stuff should be factory and not left for you to get. Having said that, there is a lot of talk that the new Jeep Wrangler will come out starting 2015, so maybe they will have door stops for that, but leave you to get the steering wheel and tires as an aftermarket item.:)

all the best-
skjeeper