Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Does Uconnect suck for you too? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/does-uconnect-suck-for-you-too-177599.html)

starcreek 08-01-2012 09:45 AM

Does Uconnect suck for you too?
 
I got uconnect so that I could pair my iphone with it, but no one can ever hear me when I have it paired. (And it annoyingly keeps trying to pair the phone to uconnect even after I switch it back to the phone). Anyone else have similar issues? Any way to improve it?

HunterTheBeagle 08-01-2012 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have Uconnect as well but don't have any issues with it, but I have an android and not iPhone. Do you have more than one Bluetooth device set up on your Uconnect or just your iPhone, also when you say "even after I switch back to my phone" do you mean when you turn your Bluetooth off on your phone it still tries to connect?

The Ugly Jeep 08-01-2012 10:35 AM

I use mine with an iPhone 4. No issues. Been using it for a year.

Jeeperz Creeperz 08-01-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ugly Jeep (Post 2642881)
I use mine with an iPhone 4. No issues. Been using it for a year.

My Iphone 4 (not s) works great as well. 3 months of use for me.

DesertDozer 08-01-2012 11:01 AM

My 4s works just fine and no issues at all, the only annoying thing is you can't answer the call and start the conversation immediately, you have to wait for uconnect to finish saying (incoming call from X number press the button to answer), it doesn't sound bad writing it, but it really takes time and bothers me.

starcreek 08-01-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle (Post 2642868)
I have Uconnect as well but don't have any issues with it, but I have an android and not iPhone. Do you have more than one Bluetooth device set up on your Uconnect or just your iPhone, also when you say "even after I switch back to my phone" do you mean when you turn your Bluetooth off on your phone it still tries to connect?


I only have my iPhone paired. Uconnect automatically pairs with the phone (as expected), so then on my iPhone I switch audio sources back to the iPhone so that the call is coming through my phone, not Uconnect (and so that callers can actually hear me). A few seconds later, Uconnect then automatically pairs itself again so that I have to again on my phone manually switch it away from Uconnect. This has happened as many as three times before Uconnect finally stops switching the connection.

bassetman 08-01-2012 11:13 AM

I agree with the lag time for answering and placing calls I did call Jeep service about it and they had no way to stop the uconnect messages from playing

BakedInMN 08-01-2012 11:22 AM

If I'm not mistaken, you can hit the talk button on the radio unit to get the message to stop. I rarely use my UConnect, and would say it's not worth the extra cost. IMHO.

Jeepin117 08-01-2012 11:48 AM

I have a Samsung Gravity T and it's always loud and clear on uconnect and no dropped calls. The only downside is I have to reboot my phone every couple of days or it won't connect.

kik 08-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starcreek (Post 2642717)
I got uconnect so that I could pair my iphone with it, but no one can ever hear me when I have it paired. (And it annoyingly keeps trying to pair the phone to uconnect even after I switch it back to the phone). Anyone else have similar issues? Any way to improve it?

I would like to also find out. We have a 10 and my wife has one of the first i phones out. Did everything to try and connect and have the same problem as you after it's paired. I gave up and deleted the phone from the unit. The 09Mini we have it works great. Seems like a better system overall. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate being educated on this since electronics aren't exactly my specialty.

GonzoBobH 08-01-2012 12:32 PM

Lagging connect.
Lagging horn.

Hey, at least Chrysler is consistent, haha.

PS Android phone and no problem, other than with the doors off at highway speed -- you're not gonna hear squat.

xsdbs 08-01-2012 01:08 PM

I have tried many phones with Uconnect and it works fine. However there are some phones that don't work well with the system. Not every phone is going to work with every hands free kit. The reason is because the Bluetooth specs are not tightly regulated, and this allows the phone mfgs to twist the needed commands and answers that are needed between the 2 devices to have a secured connection.
Now I have and use both iPhone 4 & 4s without issues with Uconnect. I do have to reboot both phones a few times a month for several issues other than just bluetooth. This should be the first thing that you do with these mini computers called cell phones. A reboot on most phones just take removing the phone battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it. On the iPhones you need to hold the power and home buttons at the same time till the white apple comes up. Then release them,, the phone will now reboot.
Peple jump the gun because they have a new expensive phone and it's the top of the line. If the phone doesn't stick to the BTSIG specs then there's a chance that it may not work. An item that comes out and is out on the market for several months prior to the release of a new phone may have some incompatabilites.
Anyway try the reboot and let us know how this works out.
PS, you didn't mention what radio you have.


Quote:

Originally Posted by starcreek (Post 2642717)
I got uconnect so that I could pair my iphone with it, but no one can ever hear me when I have it paired. (And it annoyingly keeps trying to pair the phone to uconnect even after I switch it back to the phone). Anyone else have similar issues? Any way to improve it?


xsdbs 08-01-2012 01:18 PM

just like when you call the bank or most companies, its a menu drive and you have to wait till the system is ready and really is waiting 5 seconds to long to wait. Just press the button and the call will be answered. There's not a way to completely eliminate the messages. You press the uconnect button and say "set up, confirmation", you'll be led thru the turning off the confirmation prompts. This will cut out about 1/2 of the prompts that you hear when placing a call.



Quote:

Originally Posted by bassetman (Post 2643029)
I agree with the lag time for answering and placing calls I did call Jeep service about it and they had no way to stop the uconnect messages from playing


xsdbs 08-01-2012 01:20 PM

What radio do you have and also when you say "the first iPhone that came out, what model is it?


Quote:

Originally Posted by kik (Post 2643303)
I would like to also find out. We have a 10 and my wife has one of the first i phones out. Did everything to try and connect and have the same problem as you after it's paired. I gave up and deleted the phone from the unit. The 09Mini we have it works great. Seems like a better system overall. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate being educated on this since electronics aren't exactly my specialty.


kik 08-01-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 2643549)
What radio do you have and also when you say "the first iPhone that came out, what model is it?

The radio is a 730N RER. The phone is an i phone 4.

xsdbs 08-01-2012 05:42 PM

Hmm, the Harman radio. I have more experiance with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
You might want to search around online or call the dealer to see if an update is available for it. I think that you can also go to Jeep.com, there's a section to put you vin into for update information.


Quote:

Originally Posted by kik (Post 2643807)
The radio is a 730N RER. The phone is an i phone 4.


kik 08-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 2644488)
Hmm, the Harman radio. I have more experiance with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
You might want to search around online or call the dealer to see if an update is available for it. I think that you can also go to Jeep.com, there's a section to put you vin into for update information.

I'll try that. Thanks.

kik 08-01-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 2644488)
Hmm, the Harman radio. I have more experiance with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
You might want to search around online or call the dealer to see if an update is available for it. I think that you can also go to Jeep.com, there's a section to put you vin into for update information.

Thanks x. I contacted Chrysler customer care and there is a free DVD upgrade for the 730N RER radio for the bluetooth. Will have it nlt 4wks.

xsdbs 08-01-2012 07:45 PM

Cool, good luck. I think you'll be happy after you do the update. Would you mind letting us know how it goes? Thanks








Quote:

Originally Posted by kik (Post 2644646)
Thanks x. I contacted Chrysler customer care and there is a free DVD upgrade for the 730N RER radio for the bluetooth. Will have it nlt 4wks.


HunterTheBeagle 08-01-2012 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by starcreek (Post 2643009)
I only have my iPhone paired. Uconnect automatically pairs with the phone (as expected), so then on my iPhone I switch audio sources back to the iPhone so that the call is coming through my phone, not Uconnect (and so that callers can actually hear me). A few seconds later, Uconnect then automatically pairs itself again so that I have to again on my phone manually switch it away from Uconnect. This has happened as many as three times before Uconnect finally stops switching the connection.

Ok I know what you are talking about now, you mean the setting where you can manually answer the phone so that everyone in the vehicle does not have to listen to your conversation, I can honestly say that I have never used that feature so I don't know if mine tries to connect my phone back to Uconnect or not, I will have someone call me tomorrow and test it out and let you know. Also have you tried deleting your phone and going back through the setup with it? I think it would be worth a try.

Terex 08-01-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoBobH (Post 2643356)
Lagging connect.
Lagging horn.

Hey, at least Chrysler is consistent, haha.

PS Android phone and no problem, other than with the doors off at highway speed -- you're not gonna hear squat.

Worst horn in the history of the world. My iPhone works fine tho.

mcdull 08-02-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDozer (Post 2642981)
My 4s works just fine and no issues at all, the only annoying thing is you can't answer the call and start the conversation immediately, you have to wait for uconnect to finish saying (incoming call from X number press the button to answer), it doesn't sound bad writing it, but it really takes time and bothers me.

Have to wait till uconnect to finishing its saying is my only complaint. I wish I could interrupt it when saying next command, just like most phone answering system.
Other it works very well with my Nokia N9 and the bluetooth streaming works fine with the phone's voice navigation too.

Con Artist 08-02-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoBobH (Post 2643356)
Lagging connect.
Lagging horn.

Hey, at least Chrysler is consistent, haha.

PS Android phone and no problem, other than with the doors off at highway speed -- you're not gonna hear squat.

My uConnect works fine with my iPhone 4s. I've also noticed a lag time between pressing the horn button and the horn actually honking... :surrender:

sobeperry 08-02-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starcreek
I got uconnect so that I could pair my iphone with it, but no one can ever hear me when I have it paired. (And it annoyingly keeps trying to pair the phone to uconnect even after I switch it back to the phone). Anyone else have similar issues? Any way to improve it?

Have been uconnect for two months now with my iPhone 4 and it's PERFECT. Never have anyone saying they can't here me and vise versa. Much more superior than my 2910 gmc terrain. It paired fine and we have two iPhones paired. Do you know you can adjust the volume? while on a call use the radio knob to lower or louder the call. Hope you figure it out cause its an excellent system for the money.

kik 08-02-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 2644908)
Cool, good luck. I think you'll be happy after you do the update. Would you mind letting us know how it goes? Thanks

:thumb:

americonium 08-02-2012 06:50 AM

My only uconnect complaint is the intermittent ticking/popping sound when streaming audio at high levels. With this, however, I think I am alone.

Con Artist 08-02-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americonium (Post 2646234)
My only uconnect complaint is the intermittent ticking/popping sound when streaming audio at high levels. With this, however, I think I am alone.

When streaming my music I'll get this intermittent "silence," just for a quick moment, almost like a record skipping...

xsdbs 08-02-2012 02:02 PM

Have you tried transferring the call?
During an active call, press the uconnect button and say "transfer call". The call will now be transferred to the phone and not go thru Uconnect.


Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle (Post 2645484)
Ok I know what you are talking about now, you mean the setting where you can manually answer the phone so that everyone in the vehicle does not have to listen to your conversation, I can honestly say that I have never used that feature so I don't know if mine tries to connect my phone back to Uconnect or not, I will have someone call me tomorrow and test it out and let you know. Also have you tried deleting your phone and going back through the setup with it? I think it would be worth a try.


xsdbs 08-02-2012 02:04 PM

What year is the Jeep. Also do you have the build date and the radio model?



Quote:

Originally Posted by americonium (Post 2646234)
My only uconnect complaint is the intermittent ticking/popping sound when streaming audio at high levels. With this, however, I think I am alone.


xsdbs 08-02-2012 02:07 PM

Bluetooth is not like a wired connection. BT works off packets of information being sent from the phone to the Uconnect system and back to the phone. These packets can get out of alignment and has to wait for the next packet to come thru. So unfortunately there may be times when packets miss each other.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Con Artist (Post 2646270)
When streaming my music I'll get this intermittent "silence," just for a quick moment, almost like a record skipping...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.