Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   smittybilt xrc sliders? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/smittybilt-xrc-sliders-178519.html)

scoobyjeep 08-05-2012 11:17 PM

smittybilt xrc sliders?

i think i am going to buy the tub mounted xrc smittybilt rocks sliders,, good or bad idea

jameslee97206 08-06-2012 12:50 AM

Theres a few local people that can make you better rock sliders for the same money or less than smittybilt.

scoobyjeep 08-06-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslee97206 (Post 2656980)
Theres a few local people that can make you better rock sliders for the same money or less than smittybilt.

i'm still trying to figure out if i want tub mount or frame mount also. to many options

IslandTJ 08-06-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyjeep (Post 2658134)
i'm still trying to figure out if i want tub mount or frame mount also. to many options

By design, tub mount is stronger and allows more clearance :thumb:.

scoobyjeep 08-06-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ (Post 2658495)
By design, tub mount is stronger and allows more clearance :thumb:.

thats what i have read and i will probably go with, just not sure on the brand yet the good ones are spendy

jrhjoe 08-11-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslee97206

Any one that you might recommend? I am looking to get some tub mounted as well. Or maybe some where that has a break? Might just do it myself if I can get them bent for reasonable?

jameslee97206 08-11-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhjoe (Post 2674974)
Any one that you might recommend? I am looking to get some tub mounted as well. Or maybe some where that has a break? Might just do it myself if I can get them bent for reasonable?

I know a couple people in the Portland area that can make you some. I'm not going to post their info on public forum, PM me if you want their info.

Me and a buddy made mine. I couldn't find a place with a brake wide enough to bend the plate. I cut it in 2 pieces and welded them together. Some might say bent plate is stronger but I took 2 smaller pieces of the same steel, welded them up, put it in a vise and beat on it with a big hammer. I Couldn't break the welds.

hunteryj93 10-25-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslee97206

I know a couple people in the Portland area that can make you some. I'm not going to post their info on public forum, PM me if you want their info.

Me and a buddy made mine. I couldn't find a place with a brake wide enough to bend the plate. I cut it in 2 pieces and welded them together. Some might say bent plate is stronger but I took 2 smaller pieces of the same steel, welded them up, put it in a vise and beat on it with a big hammer. I Couldn't break the welds.

They came out nice as well.

banks316 10-25-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhjoe (Post 2674974)

Design something up, get the steel and I can welded it up for you.

http://www.atozfabrication.com/store...cat=335&page=2

This plus get two pieces of steel and I can weld them in to a L shape to line the side of your tub. Just one idea

Hillcarver 12-28-2012 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyjeep
i think i am going to buy the tub mounted xrc smittybilt rocks sliders,, good or bad idea

I have a set of the smittybilt xrs sliders with out a step, tub mounted, with a steel tab to the frame bolted down.. I have smacked them around pretty hard and they are holding great for me. Obviously if you can get something better for cheaper.. I would do that.. But I like mine so far.

Attachment 191397