Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Paramount Restyling???

46K views 108 replies 33 participants last post by  lkmiles 
#1 ·
Has anyone else seen or purchased their products? They resemble the E-auto grill stuff that was floating around before. The bumper I saw today looked very sturdy and the guy REALLY liked it. Pretty inexpensive bumper just looking for feedback.

Here's the one I saw today:

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Jeep

See less See more
#4 ·
I have this exact bumper and am looking for a license plate holder for it (I live in VA). Anyone know of a place I can find one?

Has anyone else seen or purchased their products? They resemble the E-auto grill stuff that was floating around before. The bumper I saw today looked very sturdy and the guy REALLY liked it. Pretty inexpensive bumper just looking for feedback.

Here's the one I saw today:

View attachment 148180

#7 ·
I ordered an EAG bumper from ebay and it had a paramount restyling sticker that I blowdryed off. Same company.

If I can throw a few comments out about the bumpers...

1. Bedline both front and rear bumpers before putting them on, paint job sucks and will start to rust
2. Replace hardware with better bolts, though the quality is better than I thought
3. for the tire carrier, go to the auto store and pick up 3 wheel studs for 10 bucks and swap the studs on the spare tire bracket. I stripped them the first day because they are crap. A welder might be needed for this... some say their studs are tap welded into the spare tire bracket while others say they the studs can easily be replaced
4. Hope you don't get the wrong bumpers because they are notorious for back customer service and I have read stories of them shipping the wrong product.

Overall, I love my bumpers. You just need to do a little more maintenance before getting them mounted.

#11 ·
I ordered an EAG bumper from ebay and it had a paramount restyling sticker that I blowdryed off. Same company.

If I can throw a few comments out about the bumpers...

1. Bedline both front and rear bumpers before putting them on, paint job sucks and will start to rust
2. Replace hardware with better bolts, though the quality is better than I thought
3. for the tire carrier, go to the auto store and pick up 3 wheel studs for 10 bucks and swap the studs on the spare tire bracket. I stripped them the first day because they are crap. A welder might be needed for this... some say their studs are tap welded into the spare tire bracket while others say they the studs can easily be replaced
4. Hope you don't get the wrong bumpers because they are notorious for back customer service and I have read stories of them shipping the wrong product.

Overall, I love my bumpers. You just need to do a little more maintenance before getting them mounted.
I had a similar experience with mine. The coating starting flaking off pretty soon after I got it. After about 6 months the mechanism for the swing out tire carrier has frozen completely. I've tried to contact them for about a month with no response. In hindsight, I wish I would have just gotten a better bumper/carrier from the start.

#16 ·
Just put mine on on sunday. I would highly recommend this bumper! Received it 1 week after ordering and it was packaged very well. Install was pretty easy, only issue I had was putting the nuts onto the new bolts that came on the bumper(no power tools here) they were very,very hard to get all the way on, busted knuckles on both hands in the process! But overall it seems to be a high quality product at a nice price.:thumb:

Attachments

#18 ·
After right at 4k in tires..wheels...lift...winch...etc: I realized last that I needed bumpers that were not figured in with my original list of mods. I simply at that point could not afford the higher end bumpers so I went with the E-Bay versions.

From the many threads I searched it seemed as if most were happy with the actual product however the biggest complaint was the factory sending the wrong order. When I ordered the front and rear combo I added a message with my order to please double check my shipment as it had to be correct. Not sure if it helped or not but I did get my order within a few days and it was correct....I was worried sick about it and when all said and done it was a good purchase for my needs.

They are heavy and seem solid however honestly I know nothing about bumpers and have no experience to compare mine to any others. I like them and they work for me and I would buy them again if I ever need bumpers.

Attachments

#21 ·
mattdenney07 said:
How was the install on the rear bumper? Does the tire carrier rattle at all?
I got a front/rear/carrier set from them....the rear bumper was very easy to install (compared to the front)....after 300 miles the tire carrier started ratling and is diving me insane....I need to play with it over the weekend to see if I can find a solution.

#23 ·
For the install, real easy but 2 ppl make it easier. I remember someone on another forum saying that before you tighten all the bolts on the rear bumper, tilt the entire unit so that the top of it is hugging the back window. When it is positioned like this, tighten the bolts down. Don't know if it actually works, but worth a try.

#24 ·
gr8fulKID said:
For the install, real easy but 2 ppl make it easier. I remember someone on another forum saying that before you tighten all the bolts on the rear bumper, tilt the entire unit so that the top of it is hugging the back window. When it is positioned like this, tighten the bolts down. Don't know if it actually works, but worth a try.
Now that you mention it when you see from the side mine looks tilted....that may be the cause of the rattling....I'll try that this weekend and will report back....other than that I'm happy with the bumpers

#25 ·
Yeah its definatley worth a shot. I never really had a rattle but this is what I have read elsewhere. Not sure on the positioning of where the stock snubbers are, but maybe you could use the daystar bumpstops to hug against the carrier? not sure if this would work but couldn't hurt.

Try and keep up on the preventative maintenance by spraying the thing with some liquid wrench silicon spray to avoid any problems.

#26 ·
Got the bumper in Friday
All hardware is metric, 10.9 grade

Bumper Automotive exterior Luxury vehicle

Wallet Material property Technology Electronic device Coin purse

Packaged well except for mounting plates that rubbed together

Table Wood Furniture Triangle Bed

Studs are 12mm x 1.25 welded with 13/16 lug nuts

Table Wheel

No zerk fitting, I thought I seen others that had them. It just has a cap ..ill grease it well when install

Auto part Tool accessory Machine Metal

Overall I'm pleased for what I paid
Ill bed line once weather warms up and when I get my lED s for third brake light that I have planned out ill install Ans update!

#38 ·
a little late to this thread guys sorry.

i have the paramount rear tire carrier on mine and its pretty good bit of kit.

here is a bit of info that seems to be missing.
Yes paramount makes the bumpers that e auto grilles sells.
what is not known is that the bumpers e auto grilles sell are actually factory seconds. this is stuff that paramount has said we will not sell under our name because it didnt pass inspection. could be as simple as bad powder coating or as bad as cracked welds. now powder coating i dont mind at all im gonna jack it up anyway. welds are a little more important. what i really dont like about eauto is that they sell factory seconds and dont tell you. thats shady.

paramount did design work for smittybilt before they had a falling out and thats why some of the stuff looks similar. smitty doesnt do anything in house.

#47 ·
a little late to this thread guys sorry.

i have the paramount rear tire carrier on mine and its pretty good bit of kit.

here is a bit of info that seems to be missing.
Yes paramount makes the bumpers that e auto grilles sells.
what is not known is that the bumpers e auto grilles sell are actually factory seconds. this is stuff that paramount has said we will not sell under our name because it didnt pass inspection. could be as simple as bad powder coating or as bad as cracked welds. now powder coating i dont mind at all im gonna jack it up anyway. welds are a little more important. what i really dont like about eauto is that they sell factory seconds and dont tell you. thats shady.

paramount did design work for smittybilt before they had a falling out and thats why some of the stuff looks similar. smitty doesnt do anything in house.
Does the paramount stuff come with mounting hardware?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.