Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   CJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/)
-   -   Did I score a good deal or not really? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/did-i-score-a-good-deal-or-not-really-180221.html)

Countryboyfx4 08-13-2012 06:35 PM

Did I score a good deal or not really?
 
2 Attachment(s)
Just got a 1986 CJ7 with the 4.2/258 motor that runs just needs fuel pump and new lines! Has 5-speed trans, Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front and it's got a decent amount of rust but the frame is good! Paid $300 for it and thought it was a steal but not very familiar with jeeps! Been wanting to get one forever now got one and plan on making it a trail rig and play toy! Any thoughts on if I got a decent deal or not!

JeepinDad 08-13-2012 06:42 PM

Terrible deal. I'll do you a favor and take it off of your hands for $301 :rofl2:

Seriously though I think you scored big time!

4X4RDSTR 08-13-2012 06:42 PM

You did not state the mileage, but for $300 what do you have to lose? $300?

Countryboyfx4 08-13-2012 06:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepinDad
Terrible deal. I'll do you a favor and take it off of your hands for $301 :rofl2:

Seriously though I think you scored big time!

That's good then! It needs a lot of work and I've got it tore all down and trying to fix a lot of the rust! Just making it a low cost project to play around with! Heres after 2 days of work on it! Got it saturday morning and worked on it then and Sunday!

Countryboyfx4 08-13-2012 06:45 PM

Oh the mileage is 86k

gcaughron 08-13-2012 09:30 PM

You scored buddy. The 44 rear is worth what you paid for it and it has the dana 300 transfer case. If you just parted it out you could easily make money on it. Good luck.

Countryboyfx4 08-13-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcaughron
You scored buddy. The 44 rear is worth what you paid for it and it has the dana 300 transfer case. If you just parted it out you could easily make money on it. Good luck.

Thanks I am wanting to fix it up somewhat to take on the trails and use as a hunting rig or just a fun low coat build! My just sell it after I'm done fixing it and get another to redo

Shadowkraze 08-13-2012 09:53 PM

How is the frame in front of the axles? Get a picture of those and I'll answer your question.

Countryboyfx4 08-14-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowkraze
How is the frame in front of the axles? Get a picture of those and I'll answer your question.

The frame has little surface rust but that's it same as both axles! Cleaned some rust off frame and it is not bad! I can get pictures later on


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.