Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Easy at home Builds and Mods for TJ? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/easy-at-home-builds-and-mods-for-tj-180344.html)

BLNorris777 08-14-2012 09:46 AM

Easy at home Builds and Mods for TJ?

I see people who are really experienced building custom bumpers and racks and stuff, but i am not experienced is the problem haha. i am about to build an insta-trunk for my jeep and i was wondering if there where other small things like that, that i may be able to build. i have a ton of metal working tools and industrial sized machines, i just wanna know some ideas of easy builds.. i love workin of stuff like that and got too much time on my hands:thumb:

Irongrave 08-14-2012 10:51 AM

if you have access to the tools front bumpers are easy to build.

BLNorris777 08-14-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave (Post 2683854)
if you have access to the tools front bumpers are easy to build.

ok cool ill give it a try sometime.

Irongrave 08-14-2012 02:26 PM

if you have access to a press brake just a nice bend 4 holes and you have a simple custom bumper

King_Aragon 08-14-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLNorris777
I see people who are really experienced building custom bumpers and racks and stuff, but i am not experienced is the problem haha. i am about to build an insta-trunk for my jeep and i was wondering if there where other small things like that, that i may be able to build. i have a ton of metal working tools and industrial sized machines, i just wanna know some ideas of easy builds.. i love workin of stuff like that and got too much time on my hands:thumb:

How are you going to do the insta-trunk? I want to try it let me know how it works out and what supplies you used :)

BLNorris777 08-14-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Aragon (Post 2684987)
How are you going to do the insta-trunk? I want to try it let me know how it works out and what supplies you used :)

ok ill post picks and let u know step by step if you want me to. im going to make it tonight i believe, depending when my dad is home. :thumb:

King_Aragon 08-15-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLNorris777

ok ill post picks and let u know step by step if you want me to. im going to make it tonight i believe, depending when my dad is home. :thumb:

Awesome id appreciate that :thumb: I want some extra security in my Jeep!

TnDz TJ 08-15-2012 06:39 AM

Sounds like you have the tools and equipment MOST would want in their shop for fabrication.... all you need is... A PLAN!!!! Draw up a bumper.... a tire carrier..... something that YOU want.....

analyze it... go over it.... check it.... check it again..... step by step....

THEN GO FOR IT!!!!!

A few things will happen....

1. it will be done and you have a 'one off' product that noone else has
2. sense of accomplishment
3. KNOWING you can do it if you set your mind and hands to it
4. The experience and knowledge gained will be priceless for future fabs.

Every time I set out to fab up something, I mull over it for a few days.... altering something like a step in the process, a procedure.... or even a design. This way you have covered everything you may not have from day one. Draw it out, visualize and think of any 'uh oh's' you run into... clearances, etc.....

I have many people PM about my front bumper I designed..... flattered and glad I thought it all through.....

GOOD LUCK!!! and GO FOR IT!!! The only you may lose is time... chalk it up to experience and knowledge gained.

BLNorris777 08-15-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnDz TJ (Post 2686747)
Sounds like you have the tools and equipment MOST would want in their shop for fabrication.... all you need is... A PLAN!!!! Draw up a bumper.... a tire carrier..... something that YOU want.....

analyze it... go over it.... check it.... check it again..... step by step....

THEN GO FOR IT!!!!!

A few things will happen....

1. it will be done and you have a 'one off' product that noone else has
2. sense of accomplishment
3. KNOWING you can do it if you set your mind and hands to it
4. The experience and knowledge gained will be priceless for future fabs.

Every time I set out to fab up something, I mull over it for a few days.... altering something like a step in the process, a procedure.... or even a design. This way you have covered everything you may not have from day one. Draw it out, visualize and think of any 'uh oh's' you run into... clearances, etc.....

I have many people PM about my front bumper I designed..... flattered and glad I thought it all through.....

GOOD LUCK!!! and GO FOR IT!!! The only you may lose is time... chalk it up to experience and knowledge gained.

ok thanks this helped a ton