Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Maryland Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f94/)
-   -   HoCoRec: Trails Awareness (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f94/hocorec-trails-awareness-180576.html)

JeepWranglerNation 08-15-2012 09:08 AM

HoCoRec: Trails Awareness

The other day I received a package via the Howard County parks and Rec office with the schedules of their upcoming events.. They offered a verity of ATV and motor cycle trails but not Jeep/4x4 trails events..

Sending them a quick tweet.. I learn that they might be interested in setting something like this up for those who would like to take some designated trails sponsored by the Parks and rec.

No details as of yet.. but this could mean we could have a few mild trails open to the public in the near future for "mild" off roading and at a slight donation or fee..

I for one would welcome these types of trails and events via the Howard county parks and rec.. or any other parks and rec association. One thing that comes to mind at this point it the fact that these trails would be short and are typically used by the park service & rangers etc..

Then another thought, just like a college course, the parks and rec system around Md could offer these off road courses with guides and field trips.. if this sound like something you would like to see and do here In MD,Contact your parks & rec and let them know this is something allot of Jeep guys/gals are interested in and we want these types of event psoted in their manuals or fliers.

Contact: Twitter/hocorec with your comments about my suggestion. Thanks

Hubdeep 08-15-2012 09:25 AM

Where does Howard County have ATV trails?

JeepWranglerNation 08-17-2012 08:57 AM

Sorry Hub with the late reply.. Send your question to twitter/hocorec and they should post a follow up.

Hubdeep 08-18-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurJeepLife (Post 2687006)
?..I learn that they might be interested in setting something like this up for those who would like to take some designated trails sponsored by the Parks and rec.

No details as of yet.. but this could mean we could have a few mild trails open to the public in the near future for "mild" off roading and at a slight donation or fee..

I for one would welcome these types of trails and events via the Howard county parks and rec.. or any other parks and rec association. One thing that comes to mind at this point it the fact that these trails would be short and are typically used by the park service & rangers etc..

Then another thought, just like a college course, the parks and rec system around Md could offer these off road courses with guides and field trips.. if this sound like something you would like to see and do here In MD,Contact your parks & rec and let them know this is something allot of Jeep guys/gals are interested in and we want these types of event psoted in their manuals or fliers.

Md DNR is not interested in this at this moment. We are trying to open more OHV areas for the jeep and offroad community, but the state is dragging its feet in the process. They are looking to western Maryland to reclaim mining lands from defunct companies. HoCo and MontCo are more interested in facilitating urban sprawl than to open areas for offroading.

Good luck though.

JeepWranglerNation 08-21-2012 09:06 AM

Figured.. They seem all exsitd that I suggested the idea.. and I agree with you on the Draging feet comment.. Oh well.. Guess I'll have to make my own traisl on family land..