Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Insurance garbage (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/insurance-garbage-180833.html)

jebby 08-16-2012 12:03 PM

Insurance garbage

So my insurance company calls me and tells me they are dropping coverage on my jeep because they dont want the risks associated with an off road vehicle........

apparently they decided that my daily driver is not a street vehicle because they saw my lift and offroad lights and stuff (a 2" bb lift LMAO not even jacked up)

had to explain to there dumb underwriter that this is my daily driver and used to get to and from work. They even gave me crap for my rino lined floor and aftermarket steering stabaliser. So stupid lol...... same company insures my buddys zj. its jacked way up with 35" swampers, long arm, cut fenders ect ect and he gets no issues. BHAAA i hate insurance.

ok rant over. feel better now.

iluvshoes 08-16-2012 12:39 PM

My insurance company didn't say a thing to me. I have the most coverage and I pay $350 every six months. Of course I haven't had anything on my insurance in 1994...not even a speeding ticket.

Ltblue 08-16-2012 01:58 PM

Thats weird.. I had Allstate and just recently change to Geico and both company didn't say anything at all. OR it could be the fact that they don't know, oh well.

JustinCHorst 08-16-2012 02:23 PM

must be some weird Canadian thing

jefferyfghezzi 08-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebby (Post 2690843)
So my insurance company calls me and tells me they are dropping coverage on my jeep because they dont want the risks associated with an off road vehicle........

apparently they decided that my daily driver is not a street vehicle because they saw my lift and offroad lights and stuff (a 2" bb lift LMAO not even jacked up)

had to explain to there dumb underwriter that this is my daily driver and used to get to and from work. They even gave me crap for my rino lined floor and aftermarket steering stabaliser. So stupid lol...... same company insures my buddys zj. its jacked way up with 35" swampers, long arm, cut fenders ect ect and he gets no issues. BHAAA i hate insurance.

ok rant over. feel better now.

How do they know about the mods? I have never had my insurance company look at any car that I have insured in 45 years.

jebby 08-16-2012 03:33 PM

I have full coverage on it and they wanted me to drop fire theft and collision because of its age. guessing they wanted to see why I valued it so high. PS I'm I have a perfect driving record with no claims and driver training. 9 years exp.

bull crap.

jefferyfghezzi 08-17-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebby (Post 2691509)
i have full coverage on it and they wanted me to drop fire theft and collision because of its age. Guessing they wanted to see why i valued it so high. Ps i'm i have a perfect driving record with no claims and driver training. 9 years exp.

Bull crap.

i agree! As long as you pay the premium why should thy care?

jebby 08-17-2012 05:54 AM

needless to say i am shopping around and within the next few weeks they will lose my jeep my buick my boat and my house policy because some failure of an underwritter thought he was smart.

codysalvick 09-10-2012 03:42 AM

Good thing you’re looking! Look at 3 or 4 companies and compare rates to get a deal that works best for. You could take a look at the vehicle insurance through The Hartford. We’ve had them for 17 years now and find their rates and service to be great. All the best.