Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Quadratec Winches (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/quadratec-winches-180879.html)

fljeepleo 08-16-2012 03:42 PM

Quadratec Winches

I've always been a Warn guy, I have one left over from my old jeep that was never used. I'm going to install it on my new Rubi but when I was looking at adapter plates I came across these Quadratec winches. Anyone have any experience with them? There sure don't cost a lot.

I know they've been talked about before but I'd like to hear from people who actually have them.

SouthTJ 08-16-2012 04:40 PM

I'm interested as well because I've heard nothing but good things about them and the build quality but would like to hear some first hand experience.

:popcorn:

flyhigh 08-16-2012 07:00 PM

Pulled my ass outta a bind this weekend. Plus I think the color works great with my silver. Totally worth the $300 asking price, everything is very solid.

http://i.imgur.com/9Ol2l.jpg

fljeepleo 08-16-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhigh (Post 2692145)
Pulled my ass outta a bind this weekend. Plus I think the color works great with my silver. Totally worth the $300 asking price, everything is very solid.

http://i.imgur.com/9Ol2l.jpg

Thats a sexy picture! Thanks for the real life experience! Which model do you have?

flyhigh 08-16-2012 07:46 PM

I have the q9000. I bought a snatch block in case I get really stuck. It was high centered on a sand burm this weekend trying to cut from one trail to another. Dragged the winch to a rock and started tuging and it came off with no trouble. Didnt even need the snatch block.

whiteyj 08-16-2012 07:56 PM

Wouldn't catch me hanging my $30k rig on a knockoff/rebranded winch.....WARN all the way.:punk:

flyhigh 08-16-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 2692308)
Wouldn't catch me hanging my $30k rig on a knockoff/rebranded winch.....WARN all the way.:punk:

Read the info from quadratec. Its not rebranded/knockoff it is custom built for them with components they select.

the Kolector 08-16-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhigh (Post 2692358)
Read the info from quadratec. Its not rebranded/knockoff it is custom built for them with components they select.

There was a post on here where QTEC talked and compared, I think it is also in the catalog comparing too.

RemoJK 08-17-2012 06:56 AM

If you are a warn guy why not stay with warn? Better than qtec I would say

fljeepleo 08-17-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemoJK (Post 2693589)
If you are a warn guy why not stay with warn? Better than qtec I would say

I am a WARN guy and I already have my WARN winch waiting for my new RUBI, but I just happened to come across these winches and was curious about them. I've been dealing with Q-tec since the late 90's and its nice to see them making there own products. Been out of the Wrangler game since 2004; gotta get caught up!
:D

gyoe 08-17-2012 08:55 AM

A buddy has a warn on his jku n it fails about every other time he wants to use it, I've seen him beat it just to get to work..

If my winch breaks I'll be glad I only spent $300 on it n not $1,500...

Quadratec 08-20-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 2692308)

Our winch isn't a rebranded model nor a knock off of another winch company. It was specially designed in-house, here at our facility. As far as the Quadratec winch vs Warn winch goes, we are not marketing this to compete against their top of the line winches. This is an entry level winch for the weekend warrior, that just happens to be one of the best made on the market for it's specified use. It also has one of the best warranties backing it.

Anyone that wants to purchase something different has every right to do so! I wouldn't argue or tell you to purchase anything differently than what you wanted to spend your hard-earned money on. :thumb:

-Joe

lingle80 08-20-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadratec

Our winch isn't a rebranded model nor a knock off of another winch company. It was specially designed in-house, here at our facility. As far as the Quadratec winch vs Warn winch goes, we are not marketing this to compete against their top of the line winches. This is an entry level winch for the weekend warrior, that just happens to be one of the best made on the market for it's specified use. It also has one of the best warranties backing it.

Anyone that wants to purchase something different has every right to do so! I wouldn't argue or tell you to purchase anything differently than what you wanted to spend your hard-earned money on. :thumb:

-Joe

Good answer sir well said

I8up 08-20-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingle80 (Post 2703341)
Good answer sir well said

Very Very well said!

nomrlz 08-20-2012 10:09 AM

i will be considering one of these for our rig. being 80% mall crawler, i think it will serve us fine

the Kolector 08-20-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomrlz (Post 2703456)
i will be considering one of these for our rig. being 80% mall crawler, i think it will serve us fine

I was thinking the same thing. I originally had the WARN Powerplant in mind, but for that kind of money, I can get the QT AND Onboard air seperately and still have a little extra. And in my case, wouldn't be used daily or even weekly so kinda hard to justify the PP cost.

WXman 08-20-2012 11:25 AM

After Warn got their arses handed to them in that magazine winch shoot-out, the first thing that comes to mind now is "over-rated". The cheapest winch in the contest smacked them all around. Just sayin'...

I'm going to go with a less expensive winch myself. If it fails or is stolen off the Jeep it won't hurt quite as bad as a $900 Warn.

xj-boonie 08-20-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXman
After Warn got their arses handed to them in that magazine winch shoot-out, the first thing that comes to mind now is "over-rated". The cheapest winch in the contest smacked them all around. Just sayin'...

I'm going to go with a less expensive winch myself. If it fails or is stolen off the Jeep it won't hurt quite as bad as a $900 Warn.

Where was that contest so I could look it up?

the Kolector 08-20-2012 11:41 AM

Wonder if QT will be offering a cover for the winch at any time?? Which winch would be the better of the choices for a 2door JK? The 9000 or 11000?

IBgeocaching 08-20-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xj-boonie

Where was that contest so I could look it up?

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...t/viewall.html

nomrlz 08-20-2012 12:40 PM

that shoot-out shows warn as the victor

IBgeocaching 08-20-2012 01:06 PM

Read it & then wonder why like a lot of folks did.

Kevinm2467 08-20-2012 02:38 PM

I really think that article was completely funded for warn to win. Hell it failed and wouldn't run. But yet due to its excellent labeling it won... Lmao :)

Kevinm2467 08-20-2012 02:48 PM

When my money is better in gonna give the quadratec winch a go. Go the price I could buy three of their winches for the price of a warn. If I had plenty of money I believe warn would be a great route to go. Warn has a very reputable name on their stuff and they known to be the best.

Zinc 08-20-2012 03:01 PM

What's moretroubling is how many of them are manufactured in China. I'll pay extra for American made if the quality is there.

tabber02 08-20-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinc (Post 2704302)
What's moretroubling is how many of them are manufactured in China. I'll pay extra for American made if the quality is there.

:thumb:

JMC03 08-20-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinc (Post 2704302)

x2:thumb:

simadownow6988 08-20-2012 04:14 PM

I have a new Q9000 Ill sell you if you get interested in one. It will not fit into my bumper. The winch has never been used, just taken out of the box and setup.
PM me if your interested in it.

50 Something 08-20-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadratec (Post 2703186)

-Joe

What "Joe" ^ Said! X2

50 Something

tabber02 08-20-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Something (Post 2704966)
What "Joe" ^ Said! X2

50 Something

by no means am i slamming Q-tec's winch. i'm going back and forth on this one cause, yeah, i'd like to buy an american made winch. but for the price... it's a very difficult decision i'm not made of money....

oh, and one of the guys in my club has a Q-tec Q11000 winch on his TJ which I have seen perform flawlessly several times. Which makes the decision even tougher... :facepalm:

all in all, i'm a very happy Quadratec customer. have been for a long time. :thumb: