Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   jeep clubs in SE Michigan (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/jeep-clubs-in-se-michigan-181070.html)

kjwhite622 08-17-2012 03:39 PM

jeep clubs in SE Michigan
 
Are there any clubs around the Monroe, Lenawee, Hillsdale county, lookin for some new pals to wheel with

NewYJOwner 08-17-2012 07:06 PM

Great Lakes 4x4 Message Board Kind of a good ol boys, obscene language, need to be in the click club mentality.
ORJ More family friendly.
N2DEEP-OFFROAD • Index page Kinda made up of straggler from different clubs.

phittie1100 08-18-2012 07:52 PM

Don't confuse greatlakes4x4.com with a club. It is simply a bulletin board open to the public.

There are not any clubs down your way that I know of, I don't think the Jackson Stumpjumpers are active any longer.

Sounds like a good excuse to start a club?

kjwhite622 08-18-2012 08:30 PM

I agree, but have no idea how to do that or if I would have the time. Guess I will just have to meet more jeepers at Bundy Hill. Not a lot of them out there the last couple times. Lots of quads though

audiosmith89 08-19-2012 01:42 PM

I agree a metro Detroit and surrounding area semi serious club would be welcome.

phittie1100 08-20-2012 07:47 AM

The metro Detroit area has a handful of clubs -Mud, Sweat and Gears, Soldier of Fortune Offroad (SoFO), Swamp Stompers, and Dirty Minds Jeep Club.

Starting your own club can work too - when we couldn't find a kid-friendly club in or near Genesee County 6 of us got together and started What Lies Beyond Jeep Club. GLFWDA has resources available if you need help.

Woody699 08-26-2012 12:43 PM

I'd also be interested!!! Live in Tecumseh and just bought a tj! Looking for something the whole family could enjoy!!

kjwhite622 08-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody699
I'd also be interested!!! Live in Tecumseh and just bought a tj! Looking for something the whole family could enjoy!!

Where in Tecumseh, I live there too. Uh oh, two jeepers in one city, looks like a start up!

Woody699 08-28-2012 06:44 AM

Right off occidental!

kjwhite622 08-28-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody699
Right off occidental!

Haha, I live on Occidental.

stans1stjeep 08-28-2012 01:11 PM

There are a few people & their Jeeps going to Bundy Hill 9/8/2012. Meeting around 10am. Anyone want to tag along?

kjwhite622 08-28-2012 01:20 PM

I would love to, unless it rains, I have golf outing at 11. If it rains I'll be there

99black 11-01-2012 01:43 PM

the first thread i found with people from south east michigan awesome. doesnt seem like much action happens on this section though.

strickerje 11-01-2012 05:41 PM

I guess I'm in this group now... Just moved from Lansing area to Commerce Township. It's too populated around here for there to be any good offroading, but the Mounds is fairly close, eh?

Also, I was on the Bundy Hill trip. That place is awesome, but a bit of a trek.

stans1stjeep 11-01-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strickerje
I guess I'm in this group now... Just moved from Lansing area to Commerce Township. It's too populated around here for there to be any good offroading, but the Mounds is fairly close, eh?

Also, I was on the Bundy Hill trip. That place is awesome, but a bit of a trek.

Hi Jeff, I was at Bundy Hill with you & What Lies Beyond group. I also participated in events with ORJ & Thumb Jeeps.
Stan Surratt

strickerje 11-01-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stans1stjeep

Hi Jeff, I was at Bundy Hill with you & What Lies Beyond group. I also participated in events with ORJ & Thumb Jeeps.
Stan Surratt

Hi Stan,

Yep, I definitely remember! And thanks; I couldn't think of the name of the group we were with. How've you been? I wish I'd been able to join you guys on the thumb tour, but we were moving that weekend.

stans1stjeep 11-02-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strickerje

Hi Stan,

Yep, I definitely remember! And thanks; I couldn't think of the name of the group we were with. How've you been? I wish I'd been able to join you guys on the thumb tour, but we were moving that weekend.

Both color tours were fun. The first was rainy, so also muddy. The second was dry, but fun to see Sand road in the Thumb. Neither was challenging like Bundy Hill, infact 2wd all the way. Next spring I think I will try to go to the Blessing of the Jeeps in Messing.

kjwhite622 11-02-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stans1stjeep

Both color tours were fun. The first was rainy, so also muddy. The second was dry, but fun to see Sand road in the Thumb. Neither was challenging like Bundy Hill, infact 2wd all the way. Next spring I think I will try to go to the Blessing of the Jeeps in Messing.

As soon as info is out on the Blessing, we need to keep everyone informed. It would be cool to caravan up with a bunch of other jeeps. Went last year, it's a lot of fun. Cant wait till 2013

stans1stjeep 11-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwhite622 (Post 2954116)
As soon as info is out on the Blessing, we need to keep everyone informed. It would be cool to caravan up with a bunch of other jeeps. Went last year, it's a lot of fun. Cant wait till 2013

did you go for the day, or did you stay over night? if I can get some place and back the same day, my wife doesn't usually have a problem. An over night is a different story. I would like to go this year.

kjwhite622 11-03-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stans1stjeep

did you go for the day, or did you stay over night? if I can get some place and back the same day, my wife doesn't usually have a problem. An over night is a different story. I would like to go this year.

Stayed for the weekend at a campground. To far for me to go just for the day, I live 15 miles from the Ohio border. Its about a 4 hour ride from here. It could be done, just not by me, lol

stans1stjeep 11-03-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwhite622

Stayed for the weekend at a campground. To far for me to go just for the day, I live 15 miles from the Ohio border. Its about a 4 hour ride from here. It could be done, just not by me, lol

I'm about 80 miles closer, in Rochester.

Fireaxe 11-06-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99black
the first thread i found with people from south east michigan awesome. doesnt seem like much action happens on this section though.

Is that a silver lake pic?
Nice.....

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 01-02-2013 06:13 AM

The jeep blessing has been announced guys ;)

DetroitDarin 01-02-2013 07:18 AM

^^ link? :)

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 01-02-2013 09:36 AM

Here ya go ;)

http://cadillacjeepers.com/jeep-blessing/

DetroitDarin 01-02-2013 10:06 AM

Looks like a lot of fun - thanks RRO

kjwhite622 01-02-2013 11:07 AM

On the calender, can't wait! Oh crap, I need to get modding! Had a blast last year.

Brad48178 01-02-2013 05:43 PM

Defiantly mark it on my calendar. Looks like a lot of fun.

lpm606 01-05-2013 10:59 AM

As far as a club in SE michigan, check out:

Wolverine Four-Wheelers • Home

jp2611 01-05-2013 11:24 AM

Geographically challenged on MI but there is a Jeep club in Fort Wayne...and we are PLANNING to go to Bundy on 2/9/13..."jeepup club.....maybe some quads as well...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.