Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   65th Anniversary Edition? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/65th-anniversary-edition-18149.html)

StealthAWD 04-30-2008 10:34 PM

65th Anniversary Edition?

Is this a good model to buy? Is it rare or worth any extra value?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/info.

Cole

StealthAWD 04-30-2008 10:36 PM

Here is a picture

1 Attachment(s)
I think it looks pretty hot...

MoA 04-30-2008 10:38 PM

uh.. whats soo different about it?

i saw one at the stealership the other day and it had a GIANT jeep decal on the hood.. it was UGLY

distortedtj 04-30-2008 10:39 PM

not really rare and doesn't have anything specail accept the badge so...extra value....not to me

distortedtj 04-30-2008 10:40 PM

take the badge off......and it just like any other jeep

distortedtj 04-30-2008 10:45 PM

also the "wrangler sticker on the one you posted is in the wrong location and is that the "specail" annervesity badge beside the jeep sticker? if so it's in the wrong location also.

if you are really interested in that jeep do you homework on it it may have been wrecked and the "joe's" that put it back togeather put the sticker and badge in a different location....mite not be a annerversity edition. you can get the badges off ebay or made.

just tring to look out for you. :wavey:

rthdtj 04-30-2008 10:47 PM

It's just a Jeep, not that it's not a nice Jeep, just decor' stuff. It's worth what ever you're will to pay for it....X's, Sports, Sahara's are trim models, buying new is really the only time one is worth more than another. Used is usually based on mileage & condition of the mentioned Jeeps.

StealthAWD 04-30-2008 11:08 PM

thanks Distorted for looking out for me. I am a Jeep noob that is looking to buy an 04-07 Jeep for some fun summer driving and to join a local mudrunners club to do some offroading. I am willing to spend up to $20K and have been looking for Rubi's and saw this model and was wondering about it. Appreciate the info you provided and for the other people that responded - thanks

The search continues....

distortedtj 04-30-2008 11:13 PM

good luck ....get the rubi

MNPHINZ 04-30-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 224464)
good luck ....get the rubi

YES!

Levinoss 04-30-2008 11:34 PM

Get a white sport ;)

~Lev

osbornl1 05-01-2008 07:50 AM

well i have the 65th ann. ed. i can tell you when i bought new i talked them down to the price of an X but got the Dana 44 rear end sunrider top and sirius radio so i feel its a pretty good deal. other than that its nothing special.

i do like it because its the last year for the good looking style wrangler(jk's still have not grown on me)

Sb5551 05-01-2008 08:00 AM

Dont the anniversary editions have the speacial green soft top or some color like that? It also came stock with black wheels. I dont think that is an option of a stock jeep wrangler.

osbornl1 05-01-2008 08:46 AM

mine came with alcoa aluminum wheels (similar to the American Racing Baja) in 15x8 30'' tires sun rider top dana 44 rear axle 3.73 gears sirius sat radio. two tone black/silver interior including center dash piece painted silver and logo stitched floor mats and seats. saying jeep 65 on them. the top was black....oh ya and painted to match fender flares(better than the fadded non painted ones.)

i thought i was worth it i got the jeep brand new for 16500 out the door no trade in vehicle at all. i decided this route instead of a rubicon because i knew i was gonna be doing alot of mods and would be in the Diff's anyway and prefer auto lockers myself and have no need for 4.1 low range since i mainly wheel in the woods. i am not a rock crawler.

jpoutlaw 05-01-2008 08:01 PM

It's a Jeep - no more, no less and worth as much as you or someone else is willing to spend.... If you like it, that's all that counts.

AJBrink 12-20-2015 07:28 PM

65th anniversary 2006

Jeep made about 1500 of the 65th annaversary in 2006 and reflects it in the vin number, spoke with a models researcher, the ruby has the rock climber option, larger wheels 44 Dana rears, my 2006 has the Dana 44. But not the gear reduction option. Logo and decal, series radio, that is basicly the difference, oh bug decal on hood!on the ruby It's a jeep to just like the others. Most of the rubys are auto trans, unless it's ordered with a 5 or 6 speed. What do I know. I read this, on a factory release document.at Mike Brown, he is a local Jeep dealer I was a flight engineer on the DC 8 at Willow Run, several jeeps were built at willow run airport Ypsilanti Michigan. Load a 747 twice a month and ship them overseas. Several rubes made that trip, very popular in Germany, and Bahrain, UAE, I worked in Fujara UAE, very popular vehicle in the desert. I never recall seeing the 65th annaversary but I really didn't know about the special edition back then. Possibly the 65th was only marketed in the United States, and later shipped overseas as a used vehicle, nobody knows how many remain in service, a figure I would like to know.

Ironhead Jed 12-20-2015 07:59 PM

another 7 year old revival, whats going on today

AJBrink 12-27-2015 12:30 PM

A revival?

No I really don't think it is, I seen another post, on a price a fellow paid new. For that edition I roughly paid the same price 10 model years later, the NADA price guide, showed the model at around 12.000, in fair condition, with expected miles, that's 16,000 miles a year, the jeep with normal expected use should clock in at 160,000 miles after 10 model years. I looked at several jeeps and surprising me with a true statement. Almost all of them at 10 model years old had in the area of 160 .000 and below miles. Only a couple had over 200,000, and they were both Rubys. I really liked the extended wheel base models, but they were all to far away and really over priced and high mileage jeeps. I need to adjust my parking brake maybe she needs new brake pads. Still checking her out, the Wrangler Forum has a lot of knowledge.

AJBrink 02-03-2016 07:10 AM

Well my 65th edition 2006 Anna model is doing well, I guess I was attracted to it because I owned a Ford GPW, it was a flight line jeep at Carswell AAS, I owned it for 30 plus years, and really enjoyed it. The edition I bought is special to me, and really fits the bill. I sold the GPW to help the finance my 2006. I plan to will it to my grand son, he is a cool kid, and the fact remains, I never knew about the special edition, until I spotted one at a Jeep dealership, in Arlington. And started to research, a past friend, flight crew member works at the factory, and confermed the information, my local dealership provided. And yes you can buy the decals for any jeep, and place them, so buyer be ware, your Rubi may not be a Rubi, check that vin Number, if it has not been changed. Buy some dishonest individual, out to profit, by installing a decal.inside your right side front bumper, is a metal stamped tag attached to your frame. It's usually under the plastic splash pan, four screws remove that part, that tag is located, under it. Some jeep owners call it the dog tag. Lots of good manufacturer codes on it. Many owners don't even know it exists. I will eventually install a winch bumper, a local aluminum weld shop custom builds them, there half the weight of the steel winch bumpers, and I've been told just as strong, they are pricey. My two cents, and it ain't worth a dime.

Mazzy 02-03-2016 07:51 AM

I have one. Bought it about a year and a half ago. Bought it because it was low miles and in great shape. Not because of stickers. Comes with a D44 in the rear though.

AJBrink 02-06-2016 12:43 PM

A trouble spot detected

My 2006 65th edition when I bought it had 87.0000 miles, had it about. 2 months, when she started to churp on a cold start up only for a second or two. About a week later my starter failed. The dealership was kind enough to replace the starter, I did the starter removal and replacement, and figured my starter bendix was hanging and doing the churpin, well I started up the jeep, and it really started squeeling loud I traced the noise to the oil pump/cam shaft modual stopped driving it, and had it towed to the shop. If this happens to you this modual can distroy your cam shaft. I was shown an old shaft, where another owner ignored the noise, because it will go away after the motor warms up luckily my cam shaft had no damage, cost about 275.00 to replace, this Modual, compared to 2,300 to replace the cam shaft. This part goes out or usually fails around 80,000 too 100.000 miles. And this is not just on the jeep, this modual is used on a lot of different car models now in production. There is an upgraded model of this modual that is superior to the old model, had to back order it, might take a week to get her back on the road.