Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Connecticut Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/)
-   -   CT Jeepers: Taking pulse..Anyone interested in a Fall Jeep'n'Greet Camping weekend? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/ct-jeepers-taking-pulse-anyone-interested-in-a-fall-jeepngreet-camping-weekend-182195.html)

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-22-2012 01:48 PM

CT Jeepers: Taking pulse..Anyone interested in a Fall Jeep'n'Greet Camping weekend?
 
Hi Gang..
Just throwing this out there...
I've done this on the Motorcycle side for the past 7 years with great success..Thought it would be fun to try it on the Jeep side of life...

What do you say about a camping weekend for us Jeepers in Lebanon CT..maybe 10/12 to 10/14?

So here is what I 'envision' it WOULD be:
Meeting people from the forum,
Checking out fellow Jeeps and their goods,
Hanging out by a nice fire at night, drinking some cold beers (or whatever)
Fall Camping in your tents or campers...(love the Fall)
Maybe a breakfast or lunch run to wherever..
Last year my wife made 10 pounds of Chili for the Motorcycle guys for Dinner..(maybe I can talk her into it again) Her Chili is AWESOME!:punk:

What it WONT be:
a drunk fest tearing up the campground looking to run your jeep over everything that seems like a hill or obstacle..
My good friend and his family own the campground so this is very important to me that this is followed...

I dont know of any trails around (new to the Jeep scene but am open to that kind of thing if anyone knows of any?)

The campground is in Lebanon, CT.
Water's Edge Family Campground - One of Connecticut's premier campgrounds
Very nice place and a beautiful area..All the sites have water and electric. (Including in the safari where we would be..picture circle your wagons ;-)
There is a pavilion (shelter from rain in case)/picnic tables, a couple of very large fire rings..a nice lake for your kayak or canoe and fishing, good family place with a couple playgrounds for kids..

Ratewise I can see what I can do but they are very reasonable especially for late Fall and it might be a fun weekend and a chance to get together...

Interested in your thoughts, ideas, thumbs up, down, whatever??...

the caveman 08-22-2012 08:25 PM

I'd be interested. It'd be nice to meet some fellow jeepers!

Peepers 08-22-2012 08:50 PM

Interested? Yes.

Available? I don't know... my funds are flowing out as fast as I make them to another project I'm working on.

liz8487 08-22-2012 10:53 PM

Are you from Lebanon? I live nearby and am trying to find new trails or places to take the jeep... any good places?

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-23-2012 07:54 AM

liz: New to the Jeep thing and honestly have no clue...I would like to know as well. (I am close to you in Hebron)

Peepers, this wont be expensive at all...especially if you are just throwing down a tent..less than 50 bucks for the whole weekend (and probably closer to half that honestly) You can bring your own beverages and even food..very cheap..

Caveman..lets see what kind of response we get...Hell I make camp there that weekend regardless if we make this a 'formal' thing or not..

Peepers 08-23-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd_UnlimitednCT (Post 2715389)
liz: New to the Jeep thing and honestly have no clue...I would like to know as well. (I am close to you in Hebron)

Peepers, this wont be expensive at all...especially if you are just throwing down a tent..less than 50 bucks for the whole weekend (and probably closer to half that honestly) You can bring your own beverages and even food..very cheap..

Caveman..lets see what kind of response we get...Hell I make camp there that weekend regardless if we make this a 'formal' thing or not..

I know in your first post you said you could probably get us a deal, I was just concerned looking at their listed off-season rate of $40/night. I was assuming we'd do a two night thing.

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-23-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peepers (Post 2715415)
I know in your first post you said you could probably get us a deal, I was just concerned looking at their listed off-season rate of $40/night. I was assuming we'd do a two night thing.


Yes on the deal...
Yes I'm figuring Friday/Sat evening...(Does not mean anyone can't roll in on a Sat morning..or even just for the day)

I believe (dont quote me though) that the rates are based on campers and not throwing a tent down..

Like I said, Brian (who owns the campground) is one of my best friends and I will chat with him about the idea.

Firstly I just wanted to see what kind of response this has...

TalkIsJeep 08-23-2012 08:36 AM

VERY interested...if we can figure out something to use as a backdrop I can bring a projector..watch some movies if we get bored!

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-23-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep (Post 2715551)
VERY interested...if we can figure out something to use as a backdrop I can bring a projector..watch some movies if we get bored!


yup great idea...and yes got a projector as well..big ole white sheet would work...(like my drawers, not of my sheets are white anymore:eek::whistling:)

jaresco91 08-23-2012 11:03 AM

This sounds like a great idea! If this becomes an actual thing I'd love to come down and just hangout, I'll continue to follow this thread no doubt!

SilverSahara 08-23-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd_UnlimitednCT (Post 2715498)
Yes on the deal...
Yes I'm figuring Friday/Sat evening...(Does not mean anyone can't roll in on a Sat morning..or even just for the day)

I believe (dont quote me though) that the rates are based on campers and not throwing a tent down..

Like I said, Brian (who owns the campground) is one of my best friends and I will chat with him about the idea.

Firstly I just wanted to see what kind of response this has...

This sounds like it has very good potential to be really good time.

Let us know when you lock in a date and $$$ of course.

I believe my brother in law has camped there before with the family and had nothing but good to say about the place :thumb:

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-23-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09-SAHARA (Post 2716131)
This sounds like it has very good potential to be really good time.

Let us know when you lock in a date and $$$ of course.

I believe my brother in law has camped there before with the family and had nothing but good to say about the place :thumb:


Absolutely will do guys...even if its 5 or 10 of us...thats how CT-STOC started..(Connecticut ST-Owners Club) (ST is my bike) I'll fill you guys in around Caveman TV...

Yes the campground is fantastic...I was seasonal there for 10 years but loved the area so much I moved out to Hebron and live 8 miles from the campground...Very clean, well kept up..lots of friends there...good lake..

there is NOTHING like a cold beer and a warm fire on a Fall night ;-)


Will need to figure out a head count at some point but that is getting ahead of ourselves...excited about the response though...KEEP THEM and the ideaRs a coming ;-):dance:

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-23-2012 11:24 AM

oh and for the the record, for those that are not 'tenters' or have campers, there are very nice park model campers and cabins that are available to rent too..

SilverSahara 08-23-2012 11:41 AM

Good options for everyone. Nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd_UnlimitednCT (Post 2716190)
oh and for the the record, for those that are not 'tenters' or have campers, there are very nice park model campers and cabins that are available to rent too..


TalkIsJeep 08-23-2012 12:04 PM

I've got a tent..maybe even an extra. If it comes down to it someone can use one..or both..I can just sleep in the jeep, comfy enough for me.

the caveman 08-24-2012 07:49 PM

I too have a tent that could sleep 3 comfortably (designed to sleep 6, but they'd have to be really good friends from my observation)

Beer, projector, poker? Thinking this could be a lot of fun

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-25-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the caveman (Post 2722101)
I too have a tent that could sleep 3 comfortably (designed to sleep 6, but they'd have to be really good friends from my observation)

Beer, projector, poker? Thinking this could be a lot of fun

Heck ya..it will be fun...Although given a projector or caveman TV, I'd rather stare into a fire.

More to come..stay tuned.

TalkIsJeep 08-25-2012 01:45 PM

Caveman TV at a campground with electricity, while still awesome, does lose a little of it's appeal. Friday the 13th on a 10 foot screen at a dark campground on the other hand.. :popcorn::D

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-25-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep (Post 2724005)
Caveman TV at a campground with electricity, while still awesome, does lose a little of it's appeal. Friday the 13th on a 10 foot screen at a dark campground on the other hand.. :popcorn::D


ha...we'll get both in:thumb:

MarkGLHS 08-25-2012 05:37 PM

sounds like a great idea...i'm in as long as they allow my dog into the grounds.

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-27-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGLHS (Post 2724523)
sounds like a great idea...i'm in as long as they allow my dog into the grounds.

Yup dogs are allowed.

I'll nail something down this week as far as a date and rates..

TalkIsJeep 08-27-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd_UnlimitednCT

Yup dogs are allowed.

I'll nail something down this week as far as a date and rates..

Nice!! Keep us updated, I've got 2 weeks of vacation I have to use haha

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep (Post 2729040)
Nice!! Keep us updated, I've got 2 weeks of vacation I have to use haha


I bring my Pug with me all the time to the campground but dont really consider him a dog...more like a freak show ;-):hide:

Jmaggi 08-28-2012 06:19 AM

I just saw this thread...I'm in for sure

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-28-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmaggi (Post 2732699)
I just saw this thread...I'm in for sure


Coolio J! (You guys gotta get your real names into your Usernames here :pLOL)

Okay spoke to Brian at the campground and WE ARE A GO GO GO!!!:dance:

I will post up a new thread soon with the main info and work on a sign up do-hickey so we can get a sense of how many we are going to be.

Stay tuned for ''JEEP-CONN1'':punk::punk:

TalkIsJeep 08-28-2012 08:22 AM

This HAS to become a tradition. I'm relatively new to Jeeps but I still get insanely jealous whenever I see pictures of these huge meet ups in the Midwest...we need our own thing!

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-28-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep (Post 2732955)
This HAS to become a tradition. I'm relatively new to Jeeps but I still get insanely jealous whenever I see pictures of these huge meet ups in the Midwest...we need our own thing!


yuppers...Hence the '1' in the name :thumb:

Like I said..CT STOC was an annual motorcycle meeting at the campground..Started in 2005 w 7 bikes...last year we had 60 bikes and 100 people at the bonfire..someone made the mistake and said that I couldn't burn a CORD OF WOOD At ONE TIME..HAAAAAAAAAAAA! (fixed them!)
We had a band playing every year, it grew to Thursday nights at my house...
Cripes guys rode in from ALL points of the country..LAS VEGAS, MISSOURI, FLORIDA, ONTARIO etc etc...not kidding...what a weekend party...I passed the torch on to someone else but its still in CT in a few weeks...so who knows...

Like I said, when I get a chance to catch my breath here at work today, i will post it up..

riotsnclowns 08-28-2012 02:23 PM

I'm game just let me know a date and I'll see if I'm free!

Todd_UnlimitednCT 08-28-2012 03:11 PM

OKAY EVERYONE...ITS UP! Lets move the discussion over to here:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/jee...ml#post2734219


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.