Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   remote start (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/remote-start-182257.html)

katahdinri 08-22-2012 06:50 PM

remote start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone bought a new JK that the dealer was going to install the remote start on? Will they make it work off a single remote? I hope I don't have to bother with two. thanks for any info. Sue

firehawk 08-22-2012 07:39 PM

remote start

:dance:hi, i only have seen one jeep with remote start and i seem to remember
it was on the key fob...you will need to have the power package for the remote
start:wavey:

Sgt93 08-22-2012 07:56 PM

Mine is integrated on the key but was not installed at the dealer.

50 Something 08-22-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katahdinri (Post 2713458)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone bought a new JK that the dealer was going to install the remote start on? Will they make it work off a single remote? I hope I don't have to bother with two. thanks for any info. Sue

Not sure about the OEM key fob, because I got my Jeep stripped as much as I could so I could do all the mod's myself.

With that said I bought the Clifford 320.3X (made by Directed Electronics which makes the Viper and 2 others) since I would never use a remote start with a manual 6 speed.

However they do have the option for the remote start and door lock (which I have door lock and can't use). I got a proximity sensor instead since I have no top or doors at this time. Not sure about the price diff., but here is a link below and I recommend "Car Toy's" for the install.

Don't worry about the MSRP as they sell it way below that.

Clifford - Security with Remote Start

With this system you just need to use your hard key without the fob for the remote start including the Clifford, Viper ect... for everything else. Heck I have a Ford F-150 Super crew and I have never used the key with the fob attached. I hate the look, let alone the wear and tear of everyday use of a all in one key!

50 Something

jwilson2598 08-22-2012 10:30 PM

The Mopar Accessory kits include new keys with integrated buttons like the factory installed ones have. They'll program the new keys and then you'll have 2 keys with remote start and your 2 original without.

Riccochet 08-23-2012 07:32 AM

I have it on my 2012. The button is on the key/fob combo. Mean the fob and key are one. It works quite well.

RowJ 08-23-2012 07:37 AM

Is factory installing remote start on manual trannys now.... or still only autos?

RJ

KittyPrawn 08-23-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowJ (Post 2715338)
Is factory installing remote start on manual trannys now.... or still only autos?

RJ

Still only auto.

Metonymy 08-23-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowJ (Post 2715338)

RJ

Think about it:

- Leave Jeep in first gear
- Remote start Jeep
- ????
- Profit! LOL

Definitely not a good situation. :hide:

KittyPrawn 08-23-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metonymy (Post 2715880)
Think about it:

- Leave Jeep in first gear
- Remote start Jeep
- ????
- Profit! LOL

Definitely not a good situation. :hide:

You can do an aftermarket remote starter in a manual. You have to leave it in neutral with the parking break on to use it, I believe. So, guess it might depend on the slope you're parking on.

Riccochet 08-23-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyPrawn (Post 2715916)
You can do an aftermarket remote starter in a manual. You have to leave it in neutral with the parking break on to use it, I believe. So, guess it might depend on the slope you're parking on.

There are also neutral safety switches that can be installed on the shifter to prevent starting in gear.

katahdinri 08-24-2012 09:22 AM

remote start

Thanks for the great info. from all of you. Much appreciated.

JK-Matt-Chicago 09-05-2012 11:26 PM

If I bought my 2013 Sport (power and Uconnect) without remote start - can I get it added after - the - fact? Any idea what's involved or how much it costs? Thx!

oletennessean 09-06-2012 12:06 AM

i've asked around here in knoxville and no one will touch the remote starts in a manual with a 10 foot pole. worried about liability is what they said