Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   01 TJ add Uconnect system (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/01-tj-add-uconnect-system-182733.html)

JVLemur 08-25-2012 12:36 AM

I got a hold of a uconnect from a 2012 Durango for free, anyone know if I can fit it in my TJ and how much work it'll be?
Has anyone done or attempted to do this?

jkaufman_95 08-25-2012 12:45 AM

I'm good with electrical. And there is no way I would attempt it. Your talking CANBUS to 12v, the gps won't work without having the sensor for it (I don't think it's built in)

JVLemur 08-25-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaufman_95
I'm good with electrical. And there is no way I would attempt it. Your talking CANBUS to 12v, the gps won't work without having the sensor for it (I don't think it's built in)

Doesn't have the nav system option, thought I might attempt it if anyone has since It was free, but if it's as hard as you make it sound I'll just sell it haha.

xsdbs 08-25-2012 10:22 AM

Best bet is to find out what model vehicle it came out of, which will tell you the CAN BUS speed, sell it on eBAy then buy you a good aftermarket radio.



Quote:

Originally Posted by JVLemur (Post 2722839)
Doesn't have the nav system option, thought I might attempt it if anyone has since It was free, but if it's as hard as you make it sound I'll just sell it haha.


JVLemur 08-25-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Best bet is to find out what model vehicle it came out of, which will tell you the CAN BUS speed, sell it on eBAy then buy you a good aftermarket radio.

I know it came out of a brand new 2012 dodge Durango, I think it's the 430rbz but I'll look into it more, it was my dads before they upgraded him to the one with a nav system in his R/T, the nav guide one is a $2500 dollar option and the one I have is a 1800 option I think, not sure, I'll let him deal with it haha.

xsdbs 08-26-2012 05:04 PM

That would be a High Speed CAN BUS radio then. If you did sell it on eBay you could get about 450-$500 for it and you would also want to get the security code from your dad for the radio.



Quote:

Originally Posted by JVLemur (Post 2723905)
I know it came out of a brand new 2012 dodge Durango, I think it's the 430rbz but I'll look into it more, it was my dads before they upgraded him to the one with a nav system in his R/T, the nav guide one is a $2500 dollar option and the one I have is a 1800 option I think, not sure, I'll let him deal with it haha.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.