Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tennessee Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f64/)
-   -   Coal Creek, Eastern TN (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f64/coal-creek-eastern-tn-183513.html)

Rrichmond 08-28-2012 08:38 PM

Coal Creek, Eastern TN

Can anyone give me some insight or recommendations on Coal Creek OHV? I'm looking for moderate to difficult jeep trails. I will be coming from eastern PA, and my bro from Iowa, and this one interested us. Can anyone recommend or recommend another in the TN, KN area?

04WranglerRed 08-29-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrichmond
Can anyone give me some insight or recommendations on Coal Creek OHV? I'm looking for moderate to difficult jeep trails. I will be coming from eastern PA, and my bro from Iowa, and this one interested us. Can anyone recommend or recommend another in the TN, KN area?

Coal Creek OHV is a great place, only been there once and really enjoyed it. Only did a few of the moderate trails, which weren't to difficult. I'm sure some others will chime in from that area with more details though. Overall if your going that way I say give it a shot.

TOmN 08-29-2012 08:42 PM

No problem, I could show 'ya around...what dates are you planning, and what lift/tires ya'll have?
You could also post something on www.knoxoffroad.com for more info.

RoxstarD 08-30-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04WranglerRed

Coal Creek OHV is a great place, only been there once and really enjoyed it. Only did a few of the moderate trails, which weren't to difficult. I'm sure some others will chime in from that area with more details though. Overall if your going that way I say give it a shot.

Hey man, planning to go out Monday, Labor day. Sorry for the short notice. Let me know

RoxstarD 08-30-2012 08:34 PM

In Eastern TN and southern KY all within an hour or two from coal creek you have: royal blue, brimstone, pickett, big south fork, Norris watershed, sundquist.

WR moderate to difficult trails are plentiful. Stop at snack shed and get a map, better yet ask if "rooster" Ron is around. He is the trail maintenance supervisor and will point you in the right direction. Tell Ron the Roxstar sent you, he'll treat you like a king!!

jeepkingtn 09-01-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxstarD

Hey man, planning to go out Monday, Labor day. Sorry for the short notice. Let me know

What time Monday? I might be interested in joining you.

04WranglerRed 09-01-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxstarD

I already have plans to do some family stuff so maybe next time! Just keep me in mind when you plan the next trip.

RoxstarD 09-01-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepkingtn

What time Monday? I might be interested in joining you.

Not sure yet, probably early. Have to be on a call at 3:00 and kids soccer practice at 6, so 8 or 9 at latest

RoxstarD 09-01-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04WranglerRed

I already have plans to do some family stuff so maybe next time! Just keep me in mind when you plan the next trip.

Will do, I have your #. I'll text you next time trip is planned

jeepkingtn 09-02-2012 10:00 PM

We're heading to the Sand Mines tomorrow morning. Maybe another time.

RoxstarD 09-03-2012 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Other than the rain and fog it was a good day out on the trails. Rode the usual suspects. T2,T22-26-27-35. Then we attempted the ride to windmills so my kids could see, but not dice so we rode the powerlines. On the way down my buddy peer pressured me into riding 15 off the pavement. My skid plates got
A work out but we made it to the top(no winches)!!

Attachment 156798