Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   Thumbjeeps.com fall color tour (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/thumbjeeps-com-fall-color-tour-183718.html)

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 08-29-2012 08:02 PM

Thumbjeeps.com fall color tour
 
So the club has decided to do a fall color tour. Tentative date is October 14th with the location being most likely in the upper thumb region. I myself or chris(president) will post more details as we work them out. All are welcome to join

miethead 09-02-2012 11:58 AM

West branch has awesome trails for that. Nothing to hard, relaxing, there is a scramble area with rocks and such

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-02-2012 11:59 AM

Yah we made that trip at the beginning of the year. We are looking to go through the thumb area along the lake

stans1stjeep 09-02-2012 12:34 PM

I'll be watching for details.

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-10-2012 07:23 AM

Details should be out by this weekend.

fstr-thanu 09-10-2012 08:53 PM

Subscribing. I am a jeep newbie so I need my cherry popped!

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-10-2012 08:58 PM

Well this will be a good one for ya. Its just all back roads in the thumb region. Might hit some fun stuff but mostly just cruising dirt roads viewing Michigan's beauty

kjwhite622 09-12-2012 01:33 PM

Subscribed!

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-13-2012 09:04 AM

Ok. A little info. The president of the club is running the first of the 2 routes right now to map it out. Its looking like route one will be in the mayville area then route 2 will be up in the caseville/ port austin area. Maps should be posted tonight or tomorrow

stans1stjeep 09-13-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel_Ryders_Offroad (Post 2788051)
Ok. A little info. The president of the club is running the first of the 2 routes right now to map it out. Its looking like route one will be in the mayville area then route 2 will be up in the caseville/ port austin area. Maps should be posted tonight or tomorrow

:popcorn:

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-14-2012 05:00 PM

All right guys the dates have been changed on the tours. The first leg will take place on 13 october. Meet in mayville at noon. Will be leaving around 1230. Tour will take us 57 miles and about 3 hours.

Second leg will be on 21 october. Starting in caseville around one pm. That one will be about the same length but will be a little more difficult as it will take us on some really sandy roads.

I have the flyers and more info I just can't post the pdf files. Can email them if you pm me your email

kjwhite622 09-14-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel_Ryders_Offroad
All right guys the dates have been changed on the tours. The first leg will take place on 13 october. Meet in mayville at noon. Will be leaving around 1230. Tour will take us 57 miles and about 3 hours.

Second leg will be on 21 october. Starting in caseville around one pm. That one will be about the same length but will be a little more difficult as it will take us on some really sandy roads.

I have the flyers and more info I just can't post the pdf files. Can email them if you pm me your email

Pm sent

roadtrip2 09-15-2012 05:29 PM

tour
 
i would like to join any room?

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-15-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtrip2
i would like to join any room?

Always have room for more jeeps :)

stans1stjeep 09-15-2012 10:00 PM

Got your flier, Thanks! By "small hand held radio", do you mean CB or FRS?

Stan

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-16-2012 05:51 AM

Like the kind you take out hunting. Just the cheap ones lol

sevenservices 09-20-2012 07:24 AM

I made a couple new flyers, we'll also be running CB Radios if you got them. I was planning hand helds but thats not working out to well... We can actually use both if we have them, have to see what we end up having the most of in the group. Or, we'll broadcast out both handheld and CB.

Here is some info from the flyers:

http://www.svnsvs.com/storage/jeep/tjlogo.jpg
Color tour #1 (Mid Michigan, Southwest Thumb + Bronners in Frankenmuth)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2012 12pm-5pm(ish)
Difficulty Rating: VERY MILD – 2WD is all that will be needed
ORV Sticker required: NO

Description: We will start and end at this same location in the event there are vehicles to stay behind. We will be travelling around the southwest corner of the thumb. We will traverse some paved roads, mostly dirt roads. 4wd should not be required. You will get a great view of some of the heart of mid-Michigan’s small towns including Mayville, Vassar, Frankenmuth and Millington. As well, we will stop off in Frankenmuth at Bronners Christmas Wonderland for 2 hours to shop. This is a ThumbJeeps.com event however other clubs and/or vehicles are encouraged to participate. No one is left behind, if they want to line up and run with the caravan they are more than welcomed.

12:00pm Meet & Greet for lunch/snacks at Seven Services located at 6011 Fulton St., Mayville 48744. Food and Coffee provided by ThumbJeeps.com and Seven Services, Mayville Computers

1:00pm Depart out of Mayville

Approx. 2pm-4pm Shopping at Bronners or other destinations while in Frankemuth. We will roll into Bronners and discuss a time to meet back at the parking lot upon arriving then split up until the decided time. Looking at 1hr or 2hrs for shopping around frankenmuth depending on how many are interested. We'll discuss this at the meet & greet.


Items you will want to bring:
1. A CB Radio to keep in touch with the group. (More important for leader and tail)
2. Camera
3. Spending cash/credit for souvenirs in Frankenmuth at Bronners

NOTICE! Lunch/snacks is being provided at the meet & greet at 12:00pm. Please RSVP by contacting Chris@thumbjeeps.com or txt 989.325.2091 to ensure we will have enough food.

A Bronners store directory can be downloaded here: http://www.bronners.com/text/content...toreDir_11.pdf

__________________________________________________ _________________
http://www.svnsvs.com/storage/jeep/tjlogo.jpg
Color tour #2 (Tip of Thumb Michigan)
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012 1pm-4pm(ish)
Difficulty Rating: MILD/MODERATE (Mostly Sand Roads)
ORV Sticker required: NO

Caseville MI. We will start and end at this same location in the event there are vehicles to stay behind.

1:00pm Meet in the empty parking lot, East side of Independent Bank in Caseville. Address is; 6727 Main Street, Caseville, MI 48725

1:30pm Depart out of Caseville, head East throughout several two track unimproved sand roads. Follow sand roads all the way to Port Austin. Short break in Port Austin then travelling the water front back along M25 to Caseville. There are several areas we will traverse with sand however, airing down tires should not be necessary. This is a ThumbJeeps.com event however other off road equipped vehicles are encouraged to participate. No one is left behind, if they want to line up and run with the caravan they are more than welcomed. (There are some areas of moderate sand where greater clearance may be required. Due to this we recommend only Jeeps and Trucks attend)

The tour will last approx. 3 hours

Note: There may be some stops along the way for restrooms, gas, etc… But, half of the trip is in the woods so you may want to byotp and head out of Caseville with at least a half tank of gas.


Items you will want to bring:
1. A CB Radio to keep in touch with the group. (More important for leader and tail)
2. Camera
3. Water, Snacks and/or other drinks.

sevenservices 09-20-2012 07:40 AM

Also, if anyone is not into the Christmas thing while we are in Frankenmuth, you spend a little while here: Frankenmuth Brewery - Frankenmuth Brewery, One of the Oldest Breweries in Michigan. Things to Do in Michigan and Places To Go in Michigan

http://www.frankenmuthbrewery.com/im...eblacktype.png

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-20-2012 08:29 AM

I want to add something.

On one of these runs I'm going to be making some mild venison chili. Everyone is more then welcome to have some. Any ideas on which one I should make it for???

sevenservices 09-20-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel_Ryders_Offroad (Post 2811725)
I want to add something.

On one of these runs I'm going to be making some mild venison chili. Everyone is more then welcome to have some. Any ideas on which one I should make it for???

Bring it for the first one with the meet & greet luncheon. Otherwise we'll be trying to eat out on sand rd. lol. :popcorn:

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 09-20-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices

Bring it for the first one with the meet & greet luncheon. Otherwise we'll be trying to eat out on sand rd. lol. :popcorn:

Yeah ya got a point there

kjwhite622 10-01-2012 07:37 AM

Count us in. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

sevenservices 10-01-2012 08:06 AM

Sweet! We'll be meeting up at 12 for lunch on Sat. 10/13. Not sure what Im makin' yet but I know Aarons bringing some chili... Looking forward to meeting everyone as well!!! And don't forget Aaron, you said "mild" venison chili in the post above lol.

kjwhite622 10-01-2012 12:35 PM

Probably should've specified, Oct 21. Is there even going to be any color left by then? Going up to Welston in 2 weeks salmon fishing. That may be my color run. I will still come on the 21st though with the fam.

sevenservices 10-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwhite622 (Post 2848909)
Probably should've specified, Oct 21. Is there even going to be any color left by then? Going up to Welston in 2 weeks salmon fishing. That may be my color run. I will still come on the 21st though with the fam.

We are running them pretty late this year as we're learning... The 13'th will be right at the peak for this area but Im thinking the 21'st will be mostly downed leaves in and around Caseville/Port Austin. But, its a really nice cruise through sand rd. Even if the colors are down its a nice ride. Just instead of looking at the colors in the tree's we'll be driving on them lol.

stans1stjeep 10-01-2012 05:45 PM

Count me in on both.Unless I get vetoed by my wife.

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 10-01-2012 11:19 PM

I know the colors are changing radically fast here in oxford. Its crazy how early they are changing. I don't think I've had to bust out my fall color camo out on the first week of bow season ever.

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 10-01-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices
Sweet! We'll be meeting up at 12 for lunch on Sat. 10/13. Not sure what Im makin' yet but I know Aarons bringing some chili... Looking forward to meeting everyone as well!!! And don't forget Aaron, you said "mild" venison chili in the post above lol.

Hahahaha ill "try" and make it mild. I may make two pots. One mild. One wild :)

HashtagAmerica 10-02-2012 02:18 AM

For the 2nd one, would a stock JKU be alright? I haven't taken mine in the sand yet, just a few dirt roads that never really required 4wd.

sevenservices 10-02-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HashtagAmerica (Post 2852045)
For the 2nd one, would a stock JKU be alright? I haven't taken mine in the sand yet, just a few dirt roads that never really required 4wd.

I'd think you should be fine. There are several areas where you can take one track smooth or another with deep holes, hills, etc... Both trails will run side by side, basically little horshoe turnoffs with obsticals up and down the sides of the rd. People make it with cars, they just can't stop in some spots! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.