Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   2010 jk driveshaft (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/2010-jk-driveshaft-183785.html)

BossierCity_WranglerJK 08-30-2012 12:52 AM

2010 jk driveshaft
 
Need a driveshaft for the front and rear wrangler jk.

kjeeper10 08-30-2012 03:09 PM

Good luck, I've been looking for weeks for spares.

My front might go back in if I cant get the pinion angle right and vibes go away with the new shaft.

BossierCity_WranglerJK 08-30-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Good luck, I've been looking for weeks for spares.

My front might go back in if I cant get the pinion angle right and vibes go away with the new shaft.

I am also wondering a am running like I said the 2.5 inch spacer lift and 18/59 springs. Is it common when you hit a bump to feel it in the steering wheel a lot?

I just wanted some back up stock ones

kjeeper10 08-30-2012 05:22 PM

Does it twitch or just a vibe?

BossierCity_WranglerJK 08-30-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Does it twitch or just a vibe?

Nothing vibes it like when I hit a bump on the highway it gets sketchy. I don't know if it because I haven't gotten use to it or what. But I am wondering if a ave control relocation bracket would help by reducing the angle.

kjeeper10 08-30-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossierCity_WranglerJK

Nothing vibes it like when I hit a bump on the highway it gets sketchy. I don't know if it because I haven't gotten use to it or what. But I am wondering if a ave control relocation bracket would help by reducing the angle.

Yes..... You would benefit with the AEV brackets.

That's the problem I am having now. With my new double Carden front driveshaft the pinion has to be within 2 degrees of the shaft.
I have LCA's but I can't run the caster like i did with the stock DS.

So I have been adjusting them back trying to get the pinion up more. One more turn and in- and I am at stock. it handles a lot worse for sure.

If I were you, get the brackets, they're only $100
And not a bad idea to have some spare stock DS's.
Once you have aftermarket shafts it opens up a whole now ballgame.

Ken

Also - do you know what your toe setting is?

BossierCity_WranglerJK 08-30-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Yes..... You would benefit with the AEV brackets.

That's the problem I am having now. With my new double Carden front driveshaft the pinion has to be within 2 degrees of the shaft.
I have LCA's but I can't run the caster like i did with the stock DS.

So I have been adjusting them back trying to get the pinion up more. One more turn and in- and I am at stock. it handles a lot worse for sure.

If I were you, get the brackets, they're only $100
And not a bad idea to have some spare stock DS's.
Once you have aftermarket shafts it opens up a whole now ballgame.

Ken

Also - do you know what your toe setting is?

Idk I just lifted and adjusted steering wheel my self I haven't felt the need to get it aligned professionally since Im still running 32 inch kms

So the bracket will set me back and keep that horrible bump steer away some?

kjeeper10 08-30-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossierCity_WranglerJK

Idk I just lifted and adjusted steering wheel my self I haven't felt the need to get it aligned professionally since Im still running 32 inch kms

So the bracket will set me back and keep that horrible bump steer away some?

You try lessening you air pressure a bit ? That helps also,

Brackets -
My friend loves them ( 19's+2.5"spacer) on his JKU. I don't see complaints much on here either.

BossierCity_WranglerJK 08-30-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

You try lessening you air pressure a bit ? That helps also,

Brackets -
My friend loves them ( 19's+2.5"spacer) on his JKU. I don't see complaints much on here either.

I'll check my psi. What's the lowest you can with tpms


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.