Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Is my buddy a mall crawler? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/is-my-buddy-a-mall-crawler-183932.html)

Gama26b 08-30-2012 05:34 PM

Is my buddy a mall crawler?

M beginning to think my buddy is a mall crawler. Everytime I invite him to a trail he has an excuse. I think he's scared. Lol. But the other day I caught him driving his jeep to the mall. Hmmmmm smh

Mavrick243 08-30-2012 11:31 PM

YES! Lol :p

suicideking 08-31-2012 12:19 AM

I know the feeling! I have a friend that has an old Scout that is out of commission. Says he'll eventually get it on the road again....

He keeps telling me to let him know when I'm going, but yeah, has an excuse every time. :nonono:

Gama26b 08-31-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking
I know the feeling! I have a friend that has an old Scout that is out of commission. Says he'll eventually get it on the road again....

He keeps telling me to let him know when I'm going, but yeah, has an excuse every time. :nonono:

Smh, they should just give up those jeeps, some people in need could put them to use

DaK 08-31-2012 06:28 AM

Yeah, I say the samething about some of the posers out here in the AV. Use 'em or sell 'em.

530ktm 08-31-2012 04:56 PM

I think all of us know some people like that, I know i do. :facepalm:

RadarRob2012 08-31-2012 06:07 PM

I sell Jeeps to Mall Crawlers and Web Wheelers all the time. But they're Definitely Not my friends. Lol

Gama26b 08-31-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012
I sell Jeeps to Mall Crawlers and Web Wheelers all the time. But they're Definitely Not my friends. Lol

Stop. Selling them to them

Gofish TJ 08-31-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gama26b
M beginning to think my buddy is a mall crawler. Everytime I invite him to a trail he has an excuse. I think he's scared. Lol. But the other day I caught him driving his jeep to the mall. Hmmmmm smh

Lol! I think were talking about the same friend! Always an excuse. I finally told him, why did you buy a jeep? You should have bought a civic.

suicideking 08-31-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gama26b (Post 2745820)

We need the mall crawlers to buy the Rubicons. Then put 20K miles on them over 5 years so we can get a great deal on a near new rig! :D

RadarRob2012 08-31-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking

We need the mall crawlers to buy the Rubicons. Then put 20K miles on them over 5 years so we can get a great deal on a near new rig! :D

Here's a neat little fact for you. Jeep did a survey and found that 70% of all Wrangler owners are women. Of that number, 90% never go off road. They buy them because they are Cute.

RadarRob2012 08-31-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gama26b

Yeah, sure, just as soon as some of the mooches on here decide to pay retail, I'll quit selling to mall crawlers. DUH!!!

Adrock21 08-31-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012
They buy them because they are Cute.

Did you just call my Dozer cute?

RadarRob2012 08-31-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrock21

Did you just call my Dozer cute?

Are you a chick? Lol. Because that's why the majority of women buy them. Men acquire Wranglers because that are the most capable off road vehicle offered from any manufacturer on the planet. Whoop Whoop!!!

happy2jeep 07-14-2013 10:04 PM

They are cute-stock! When they are built they are HOTT! I have done most of the work on mine and I'm in that "will take my girly Jeep off road any chance I get" 10% ;)

Lab Lover 07-14-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2746300)
Are you a chick? Lol. Because that's why the majority of women buy them. Men acquire Wranglers because that are the most capable off road vehicle offered from any manufacturer on the planet. Whoop Whoop!!!

Rob, you know you bought your Jeep because it's cute and can Leap tall rocks with a single bound :D

My Jeep isn't cute, it's bad and it can crawl the mall and rocks :dance:

The guy that had his 2012 JKUR built at the same time as mine at Dennis's shop has never taken it off road. Dennis has had it back in the shop putting more mods on it and said it will never be wheeled. I'm keeping my eye on it, someday it will be for sale and worth looking at. Full roll cage, lift, bumpers, wheels & tires, skids, etc. :thumb:

RadarRob2012 07-14-2013 11:55 PM

Jeep has done extensive surveys on this. 70% of all Wrangler owners are women. 90% of that number never take their Jeeps off of the road. So I stand by my assertion that women but Wranglers because they are cute, and men but them for their capability. And my Jeep is not cute, it's wicked cool. Lol

Idriveoverstuff 07-16-2013 04:07 AM

In oc/hb people scoff at our jeep or take pics like its a themed build as a joke...

When I explain I climb water falls for breakfast they get confused... So many rubicons around here and no wheelers. It's mind blowing

whiteyjfm 07-16-2013 11:46 AM

Yes, your friend is a mall crawler. Sad, but they are out there. It is heart breaking to see, but I guess to each his own.

Gofish TJ 07-16-2013 03:48 PM

Dang! My buddy is a Mall Crawler too!!

HyperBrad 07-17-2013 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 274280

groovebus 07-18-2013 12:03 PM

I have noticed that about 75% of the Wranglers I see here in the OC all have a 3-4 inch lift, 35's and armored out the ass, but never dirty. What happened to every Wrangler is unique? It does look cool, but they are all the same now. I'm going to go for more of that WWII Desert Raider look so I can be different. It is keeping all the 4x4 shops busy; Offroad Evolution and Rebel Offroad are always packed with work. Mine is stock right now (got it in January), I have a teraflex 2" BB and a new set of BFG mud terrains in the garage waiting to be installed. I'm getting it ready for some wheeling/camping trips after the summer. I like to offroad for 6 hours then pull off the trail and camp. The little short, hour long trips to get the rims muddy isn't my thing.

Gofish TJ 07-18-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovebus (Post 3976231)
I have noticed that about 75% of the Wranglers I see here in the OC all have a 3-4 inch lift, 35's and armored out the ass, but never dirty. What happened to every Wrangler is unique? It does look cool, but they are all the same now. I'm going to go for more of that WWII Desert Raider look so I can be different. It is keeping all the 4x4 shops busy; Offroad Evolution and Rebel Offroad are always packed with work. Mine is stock right now (got it in January), I have a teraflex 2" BB and a new set of BFG mud terrains in the garage waiting to be installed. I'm getting it ready for some wheeling/camping trips after the summer. I like to offroad for 6 hours then pull off the trail and camp. The little short, hour long trips to get the rims muddy isn't my thing.

Maybe they are POSERS!! Lol!!

proride 07-18-2013 08:50 PM

Well, I have a '13 JKU that is almost 1 year old and it only has 1,700 miles. It was my dream to get a Wrangler, but now that I have it I don't drive it. I did intend to do a lot of trails, but I find that I don't have as much time on the weekends as I had planned. My first passion is motocross, and that takes up my time with racing and riding on the weekends.

So, the wife does take it to the mall a lot. She loves the Wrangler, otherwise I probably would of got rid of it already.

But I am going to do the trails in Big Bear this weekend!!

Sinister6 07-18-2013 09:04 PM

To each their own. If everyone that owned a Jeep wheeled it the trails would look like a traffic jam! And that would not be good!

happy2jeep 07-18-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3978314)
To each their own. If everyone that owned a Jeep wheeled it the trails would look like a traffic jam! And that would not be good!

True that! But now I'm feeling a little insecure about my '99 TJ with a 3 1/2" pro comp lift, 35's, and body armor! Oh well, I LOVE IT and around here I am totally unique ;)

Sudcalifornio 08-20-2013 10:45 PM

well i love go to the mud before to go to the mall, is that bad? i just like people faces when i park near by the wannabes fancy stores.

Roll4Speed 08-21-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gama26b (Post 2742277)

That doesn't make him a bad person. lol

HyperBrad 08-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofish TJ (Post 3976941)
Maybe they are POSERS!! Lol!!

Cannot wait to see your desert rat. Post up the project as you go. And I'll hit any trail with y'all

JKRONNIE 08-26-2013 01:20 PM

Why worry about what your buddy is doing? His $$$, his life, his jeep.