Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   Wheelin trip thread (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/wheelin-trip-thread-18619.html)

foxinthemudd 05-18-2008 09:50 PM

Wheelin trip thread

Ok guys I want to make a wheelin trip thread to post dates on when were going so that others around us can hook up too.

Just FYI I'm planning a trip on may 24th at 0900 hours up to TSF (browns camp and other areas in that vicinity. let me know if your up to it.

Dare2BSquare 05-18-2008 10:29 PM

Do I just turn right at Nevada to get there???

foxinthemudd 05-19-2008 12:51 AM

pretty much! :D be great if ya made it up here for that dare.

Dare2BSquare 05-19-2008 11:40 AM

Oh, I would love to. But, since I missed so much work with my injury, I am limited with my time off. I have a trip to Israel planned for late July/early August, and it takes up all my time off. Maybe next year... but I have a grandchild (my first) on the way, and it seems like my time off will be going to Kentucky for the near future... I can always DREAM!!!

boomer 05-20-2008 11:30 PM

i'd be down for it if my pos wasn't still in pieces....:banghead:

foxinthemudd 05-21-2008 10:41 PM

Everyone is WEAK! I'm still plannin on going so whoever is down let me know.

IslandTJ 05-28-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 231296)
Everyone is WEAK! I'm still plannin on going so whoever is down let me know.

foxinthemudd, :wavey:

Trip report?

What trails did you take and what would you recommend? With summer around the corner, I feel like taking a trip out to TSF to enjoy the trails.

Jeep hard, Jeep safe!
ken

foxinthemudd 05-30-2008 10:42 AM

too many to count. I usually start with powerline off of the ****falls road (sorry I can't remember exactly what the name is) then just go from there. get a map of TSF from the forestry department in Forest grove right before you get headed into gales creek (its on the right hand side when your coming from the grove). Or you can just let me know when your going I'm always up for a little wheeling.

I'm hoping to set up another trip here soon just hit me up.

IslandTJ 05-30-2008 04:51 PM

I know exactly where you're referencing - University Falls. I've started and disconnected at the entrance a couple of times. The last time I was at TSF, I was on Rogers Road - had a blast!

Well, I was late to the party by the time I saw your email, I'll keep an eye out for future trail plans on this forum...

foxinthemudd 06-01-2008 04:58 PM

ya thats it. I was having a mental day when I wrote that post. I couldn't remember anything for the life of me. ya rogers road is a kick too just rode that one a few days ago when I was up shooting and dinking around. sounds good and don't hesitate to email me either.

Where are you located?

IslandTJ 06-02-2008 10:43 AM

I work in Beaverton and live in Lake Grove. Hopefully we could get a bunch or forum members together for a TSF group run, as our weather's starting to improve - with summer just around the corner. I do need to purchase another OHV class 2 permit, as mine recently expired :banghead:.

Have you had successful WF group runs in the past? Or is it just a couple of rigs on an outing?

boomer 06-02-2008 02:21 PM

i'll be down for runs on the weekends after my junk is put back together!!!

only thing left now is figuring out the steering, putting the motor/trans/case back in, figuring out the propane setup and wiring everything up. will be ready by the end of this month!!!

i should really cage this thing before i take it out, but i'll be fresh out of monies and it'll have to wait. guess i'll just have to be extra carefull on gnarly runs for now.....

do you all drive your rigs to the trail or trailer them? i have to trailer mine. kind of a bummer sometimes, but when i started in on this thing i wasn't thinkin about street legallity....

anyway....look forward to ridin around with you all!

foxinthemudd 06-05-2008 10:46 AM

I usually just go with friends I went with RUBI once but then she had some medical stuff going on lately so... but we'll get a run going soon.

I have mine as a DD but later I would love to have it just as a trailer rig.

Rubigoddess 06-09-2008 06:50 PM

Lets go........i'm all healed up and ready to hit some trails! I haven't been in entirely too long! Also, now that my son's baseball is over, my weekends are free again!

Tell me when!

IslandTJ 06-10-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 236207)
Lets go........Tell me when!

X2! :D

foxinthemudd 06-10-2008 02:54 PM

well I got my new schedule for work for the next 6 weeks not including my acad down in salem. Sat through Wed... sucks but hopefully the weekend of the 12th (july) I will actually be able to make a trip... However I do have thursday and fridays off now if anyone is intrested on one of those days maybe?

Rubigoddess 06-11-2008 01:35 PM

DUDE, WTF????? I texted you the other day and received NO love back! :mad:

foxinthemudd 06-28-2008 01:20 PM

sorry I get busy my schedule is always switching. but in rebuttle to that I texted you too and recieved nothing back either... :(

Rubigoddess 07-03-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 241597)
sorry I get busy my schedule is always switching. but in rebuttle to that I texted you too and recieved nothing back either... :(

WHEN????? I've always got lovin' for the fox!

boomer 07-04-2008 12:18 AM

any last minute wheelers interested in a tsf run over the weekend? i'll be up there on saturday and possibly sunday.

i'll be taking it easy as it's kind of a feeler run to see what leaks and squeaks on the heep since all the changes have been made....

Rubigoddess 07-05-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 242964)
any last minute wheelers interested in a tsf run over the weekend? i'll be up there on saturday and possibly sunday.

i'll be taking it easy as it's kind of a feeler run to see what leaks and squeaks on the heep since all the changes have been made....

I guess I need to check this thread more often! :banghead:I totally would of been up there with ya!

boomer 07-06-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 243248)
I guess I need to check this thread more often! :banghead:I totally would of been up there with ya!

that's what ya said over on TC also :blunt: :flipoff: :D

i never fargin made it up today....jeep decided it wasn't quite in the mood. damned thing! pissed me off!!!! :bottom:

Rubigoddess 07-06-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 243301)
that's what ya said over on TC also :blunt: :flipoff: :D

i never fargin made it up today....jeep decided it wasn't quite in the mood. damned thing! pissed me off!!!! :bottom:

I know........I wanted to go wheeling. Some people call me a wheelin' whore. I dont care who I wheel with, as long as I'm wheeling! :flipoff::punk::p

boomer 07-06-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 243485)
I know........I wanted to go wheeling. Some people call me a wheelin' whore. I dont care who I wheel with, as long as I'm wheeling! :flipoff::punk::p

sweet. :cool:

IslandTJ 07-07-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 242964)

I was there just this past Saturday 07/05/08, it was raining a bit. Some of the trails I was on, included (at least to my recollection):

24 - Bates Road
22 - Back to Back
4 - Powerline
10 - University Firepower

I saw a few Jeeps but we were outnumbered by the Quads and bikes.

All in all, it was a good day. I did have to extract a stuck stock Toyota 4runner, on a harder off-camber portion of Bates Road.

Rubigoddess 07-07-2008 02:50 PM

Right on! I know there was another group of guys up there from Timbercrawler.com.

I'm jealous....I REALLY need to go wheeling. I'm having withdrawls. :zap:

foxinthemudd 07-14-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 243485)

I"M back! sorry guys I've been out of commission for awhile. I'm down at the acadamy in salem. what a trip this is...

So rubi just a wheelin' ____...? lol j/k. I want to go wheelin so bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 243694)
Right on! I know there was another group of guys up there from Timbercrawler.com.

I'm jealous....I REALLY need to go wheeling. I'm having withdrawls. :zap:

withdrawls from what? lol I need to wheel too.

Rubigoddess 07-15-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 245595)
I"M back! sorry guys I've been out of commission for awhile. I'm down at the acadamy in salem. what a trip this is...

So rubi just a wheelin' ____...? lol j/k. I want to go wheelin so bad.

withdrawls from what? lol I need to wheel too.

This is too clean of a forum for me to explain the withdrawls I'm having! :cool:

foxinthemudd 07-15-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubigoddess (Post 245795)
This is too clean of a forum for me to explain the withdrawls I'm having! :cool:

you can always text me... :D :firedevil: I'm definatly not...:bottom:

Rubigoddess 07-21-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 245995)
you can always text me... :D :firedevil: I'm definatly not...:bottom:

MAN, you missed a PARTY!!!! We'll just say there was alot of whipped cream flying around! I dont remember anything past the 8th drink! I'm told alot of things :eek: but, uhm......i've yet to see the pics! Wished you could have come!