Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Movies . . . (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/movies-18640.html)

SPDSNYPR 05-19-2008 07:03 PM

Movies . . .

Well, since nobody else is starting any new threads, I'll take the mouse by the tail.

I have gone and seen two movies in the last week. Iron Man and the new Narnia (yes, I have kids, and therefore I just about exclusively see kid movies).

My opinions.

Iron Man: I really liked this flick, although it seemed a bit short (ended too quickly). The effects are great, and the hero is great - an alcoholic womanizer rich boy. I saw this with my son, and we both agreed it was money well spent. This is one tht will be better on the big screen.

Narnia: I liked this one too. I took both my son and daughter. They both really liked it also. The polt wasn't as complex as the first one, but was different enough to make it interesting. This was a long movie, but didn't really drag at any point. It was a little much on the adventure side for my 7-year-old daughter at a few points (she suddenly was cold and needed me to hold her to keep her warm), but it was still overall enjoyable for her.

That's about it.

Discuss if you are so inclined. I'm now going to grill burgers and drink with friends.

2much 05-19-2008 08:53 PM

I saw Iron Man with the gf, I thought it was really good, the only dissapointing thing was they didn't play the Ozzy song even once.

[TheYJGuy] 05-19-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2much (Post 230647)
I saw Iron Man with the gf, I thought it was really good, the only dissapointing thing was they didn't play the Ozzy song even once.

Now that you told me that, I'm not even gonna bother wasting my money.....but just so ya know, Iron Man was a song by Black Sabbath. Ozzy was the vocalist until '68 or '69.

I'm listen to Ozzy right now on iTunes lol. My favorite song is "Bloodbath in Paradise" :D

tarheel 05-19-2008 09:19 PM

The song was in the end according to my son right after he said "I am Ironman":D

amy 05-19-2008 10:37 PM

We went to see Iron Man on Mother's Day. I really enjoyed it and so did my husband and kids.

Coyote_94YJ 05-19-2008 11:00 PM

Myself/fam and distortedtj/fam went to the drive-in theater in our jeeps to watch the new narnia movie. I really liked it. Its been so long since I've read the story. I don't know how close they stuck to the original. I'll probably buy it when it comes out, that way I can see it better. The drive-in's are kind of dark and the night scenes are really hard to see.

AzTJ 05-19-2008 11:08 PM

Did any of you stay till after the credits in Iron Man?

You might have missed something awesome! :D

amy 05-19-2008 11:15 PM

I heard there was a preview of the sequel.

Smeghead 05-19-2008 11:19 PM

Whats Indiana Jones like?

MoA 05-19-2008 11:29 PM

i hope i didnt miss an ending clip after the credits in iron man..

my friends were wanting to leave, and i wanted to stay..

we left anyways

AzTJ 05-20-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 230706)
I heard there was a preview of the sequel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoA (Post 230718)
i hope i didnt miss an ending clip after the credits in iron man..

my friends were wanting to leave, and i wanted to stay..

we left anyways

Don't read if you don't want to know!

:DStark walks into his house and is greeted by a man named Nick Fury(Sam L. Jackson). N. Fury is the leader of SHIELD, is an extra-government intelligence and security organization dedicated to protecting the nations and peoples of Earth from all threats, terrestrial or extraterrestrial. He wants to talk to Stark about the "Avengers Initiative". :eek:

And if you have any interest in the new Hulk movie, Downey Jr. will have a small cameo as his Iron Man character Tony Stark. :D

amy 05-20-2008 12:08 AM

Yup, that's what I heard.

MoA 05-20-2008 02:23 PM

i googled the clip..

WOOT i cant wait for it!!! minus samuel l jackson

SPDSNYPR 05-21-2008 10:42 AM

Man, I didn't stay after the credits. Now I gotta find the clip online.

debruins 05-21-2008 05:42 PM

yeha i didnt stay after

it was a sick movie though!