Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Kansas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/)
-   -   Trip to Disney,OK (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/trip-to-disney-ok-18646.html)

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 08:39 AM

Trip to Disney,OK
 
Some of us are planning a trip down to Disney the 6th thru the 8th of June and I thought we could start to iron out some of the details like when and where do we want to meet up to caravan down, who's all planning on going, and who's bringing what so I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

I have a fire pit we could bring on distorted's trailer. I don't know about the gas situation but I have a 5 gallon can and a 6 gallon can and I can pick up a few more if needed. I have 3 different tents. My family will only be using one so there are 2 more that someone could borrow if needed. As far as food goes, do we all want to bring our own food or have each person bring certain things?

I'll be bringing most of my tools if I ever get around to cleaning my garage and about a gallon or 2 of each type of fluid. I really don't have any spare parts for the trail except a pass front axle shaft.

I've never been there so are we going to need trail passes or anything like that? And how long does it take to get there?
And is there anything I'm forgetting that we need to bring or take into consideration?


Anyways lets get some input.:D

Chris

distortedtj 05-20-2008 08:24 PM

I has a 5x8 trailer im pulling down behind my junk! ..I'll be bringing some tools, some fluid, tow strap, d-rings, chain, cooler, and... enthusiasum!:zap:

While down there my full doors and softtop will probally be chained to the trailer. Unless someone has a set of full soft doors i can use.


and chris....takes like 3 1/2 to get there.

cavediverjc 05-20-2008 10:31 PM

Man!! I wish you all were going later in the summer. I've got all kinds of stuff going on during that time. I'll have to catch up with you all the next time. I'll be there in spirit.....

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 230967)
Man!! I wish you all were going later in the summer. I've got all kinds of stuff going on during that time. I'll have to catch up with you all the next time. I'll be there in spirit.....

Aww man... that sux. We'd plan on doing it later(and you guys still might) but this one is going to be my last one state side for the next 3 years so I'm gonna try and cram this one in.

cavediverjc 05-20-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 230972)
Aww man... that sux. We'd plan on doing it later(and you guys still might) but this one is going to be my last one state side for the next 3 years so I'm gonna try and cram this one in.

I wish I could come. I've got another eye surgery scheduled for the 2nd of June, and the recovery time for PRK is longer than a couple of days. Hope you guys have a good time. Take lots of pics!!

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 10:48 PM

Lots of pics...Yes.

PRK :eek:

Tons of eye drops and just lay in bed.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-20-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 230756)
Some of us are planning a trip down to Disney the 6th thru the 8th of June and I thought we could start to iron out some of the details like when and where do we want to meet up to caravan down, who's all planning on going, and who's bringing what so I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

I have a fire pit we could bring on distorted's trailer. I don't know about the gas situation but I have a 5 gallon can and a 6 gallon can and I can pick up a few more if needed. I have 3 different tents. My family will only be using one so there are 2 more that someone could borrow if needed. As far as food goes, do we all want to bring our own food or have each person bring certain things?

I'll be bringing most of my tools if I ever get around to cleaning my garage and about a gallon or 2 of each type of fluid. I really don't have any spare parts for the trail except a pass front axle shaft.

I've never been there so are we going to need trail passes or anything like that? And how long does it take to get there?
And is there anything I'm forgetting that we need to bring or take into consideration?


Anyways lets get some input.:D

Chris

No trail passes. It is free to all. Unless the gates are open. :eek: Drive time is around 3.5 hours depending on which road you take. There is plenty around there for groceries, gas, and drinks.

There are plenty of places to camp. Hogans, Cherokee parks 1,2,and 3 and some others. They both have a restroom and shower facilities. Camping is something stupid cheap like 6 per tent per night.

We usually wait to get food and beverages while we are there. Most all camping spots have a fire pit and BBQ grill. There is always plenty of wood for the burning and I have access to a chain saw.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-20-2008 11:25 PM

Pics for motivation!!

Stock jeeps get around great!

the waterfall
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney...ywaterfall.jpg

the grand staircase
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney04.06/anya1.jpg

but bring the big tires for the stupid stuff.

the whaling wall
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney...halingwall.jpg

lil blue
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney...ndylilblue.jpg

Rock garden
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney04.06/eligarden.jpg

posers
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney04.06/disgroup.jpg

Dirt
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney/andytongue.jpg

the dam
http://thedoubleduke.com/pics/Disney/eligranddam.jpg

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 11:29 PM

Alrighty then. Sounds sweet. I'll leave the fire pit. I'll still bring my 2 gas cans just in case. My jeep is crazy thirsty.

distortedtj 05-20-2008 11:30 PM

ok lets go now!!!!!!!!! I wanna play:punk:

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 11:32 PM

DUDE!!! I just saw the pics. SWEET!!!

I'm open stock diffs so you won't see me going through some of those.

distortedtj 05-20-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 231012)
DUDE!!! I just saw the pics. SWEET!!!

I'm open stock diffs so you won't see me going through some of those.

BRING SPARE PARTS!!!!!:D

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 231013)
BRING SPARE PARTS!!!!!:D

1. spare parts...got none.
2. money...got none.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-20-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 231015)
1. spare parts...got none.
2. money...got none.

Get a trailer! :flipoff:

distortedtj 05-20-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 231021)
Get a trailer! :flipoff:


I suggested that to him too ..but he has to have something to pull it

MR.CLIFFORD 05-20-2008 11:52 PM

They make trucks!

distortedtj 05-20-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 231005)
Unless the gates are open. :eek:

You mean to tell me we cant take a drive thru this???

http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=wn-0sEegApw

Coyote_94YJ 05-20-2008 11:57 PM

My jetta won't pull the jeep.
AND it doesn't make sense to buy a truck when I'd just have to sell it when we get back.

Coyote_94YJ 05-21-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 231015)
1. spare parts...got none.
2. money...got none.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 231021)
Get a trailer! :flipoff:

See #2

MR.CLIFFORD 05-21-2008 12:02 AM

Make sure it is a newer chevy duramax/allison combo and I know a good buyer. :D

I have some other people interested in tagging along. :D

Coyote_94YJ 05-21-2008 12:06 AM

LOL!!! IF I got something it would have a Cummins in it.

Tag alongs are good. A jeep convoy is better.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-21-2008 12:09 AM

We usually take off on Thursday and just have a relax day all day. Wheel Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Then head home that night. I don't know if the wife can squeeze out of work that early or not but I will get her some updated info since I thought we were headed north! :flipoff:

distortedtj 05-21-2008 12:13 AM

about what time on thurs?

Coyote_94YJ 05-21-2008 12:13 AM

I'm only taking leave the 6th thu the 8th. Do I need to take the 5th off too. I don't know if distorted can get that day. His shop is FULL of d!cks. At least to him they are.

MR.CLIFFORD 05-21-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 231038)
about what time on thurs?

No rush. It is a sleep in day. If we leave on Thursday it will be around 10-11.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 231039)
I'm only taking leave the 6th thu the 8th. Do I need to take the 5th off too. I don't know if distorted can get that day. His shop is FULL of d!cks. At least to him they are.

I will give more info tomorrow as I know more about my wifes schedule.

distortedtj 05-21-2008 12:18 AM

who needs leave??? not me!!! :D

i'm good to go I has it covered.

Coyote_94YJ 05-21-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 231042)
who needs leave??? not me!!! :D

i'm good to go I has it covered.

AWOL????

LOL:rofl:

distortedtj 05-21-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_94yj (Post 231044)
AWOL????

LOL:rofl:

nope....pulled some looooonnng do favors

and you only have to sign out of area....your within the 8 hour there and back rule

Coyote_94YJ 05-21-2008 12:26 AM

Yes your right but how can I wheel on friday if I'm supposed to be at work if I don't take leave.

distortedtj 05-21-2008 12:29 AM

take leave for that day


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.