Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Jammock (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/jammock-186484.html)

Sottyman 09-11-2012 11:00 PM

Jammock

Anyone else seen this?

Jammock: Rest for the Wicked *AVAILABLE NOW! - Home

jeff_in_rc 09-12-2012 09:31 AM

Wow you'd have to be 3 feet tall to really use it and then you would still be curled up. I think I would rather take my hammock and a good strap and tie it to a tree or big rock.

Diverdown87 09-13-2012 09:28 AM

Looks to me like someone found a new use for a Spidershade.

jammock 09-22-2012 04:44 PM

Spider Shade vs. Jammock

Hi, I'm the inventor of the Jammock. It's actually quite comfortable for most folks. I've had everyone from a 2 year old to to a guy who is 6' 3" on it and everyone in between. They've all been comfortable. That said, it's not really designed for overnighting, it's there for casual use for an hour or two. The Jammock is also more versatile than the Spider Shade, it offers limited water resistance, sun shade, is load-bearing (obviously), and can be used as a wind deflector and lounge chair above your spare tire. It's tough and way more robust than it probably needed to be, but I wanted to engineer a high-quality product that people would have no reservations about getting 6' in the air.

James

RepoMan73 09-22-2012 11:41 PM

How much weight can it hold safely?

BRAVO TANGO 09-22-2012 11:45 PM

Well the question that I have to ask: can 2 people fit in it?

jammock 09-25-2012 06:23 PM

@RepoMan73: Working load limit is 350 lbs.
@Bravo Tango: Yes, two can fit. Check out the pics at: Photos - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep. to see it fit 1, 2, and 4 adults.

JK Rookie 09-25-2012 09:18 PM

Well darn it, I just bought a hammock last week. Looks like I'd better return it...

vtjohn 09-26-2012 08:34 AM

I've got the same jeep they've used in the pictures and I like the tan color. Dirty Dog netting can be used as a hammock but does not really add any sun/wind protection. Their sunscreens are $80, but only come in black. Really torn on getting something like the Jammock or holding out for coverage over both front & back seat passengers.

jammock 09-26-2012 06:27 PM

The Jammock has a smooth hand to it, not 5" spaced webbing that can catch an elbow, knee, or worse...The Jammock can be used on 3 different places on your Wrangler (top, behind the front seat, and on the rear roll bars), so it's more versatile. Try laying on the Dirty Dog Netting vs. the Jammock and feel the difference.

James

jammock 09-27-2012 07:03 PM

Jammocks are made in USA (Washington state) and Jammock, LLC, is veteran owned.

BRAVO TANGO 09-27-2012 07:18 PM

I'll have to get one when I get the $

mattdenney07 09-29-2012 12:47 AM

On a four door Wrangler Unlimited, could you fit two Jammocks on it? One above the front seat and one above the rear?

jammock 09-30-2012 12:12 AM

I don't think the soundbar would allow it. However, you can put a Jammock above the front seats and use another as a lounger on the rear roll bars over the spare. I plan on doing a demo in Maryland next week if you'd like to see.

~James

vtjohn 09-30-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammock (Post 2844187)
I don't think the soundbar would allow it. However, you can put a Jammock above the front seats and use another as a lounger on the rear roll bars over the spare. I plan on doing a demo in Maryland next week if you'd like to see.

~James

How about posting up to youtube? The previous poster is in Nevada (according to the profile) and though I'm in VA it's still pretty far away to see a demo. You might want to join the Vendor spotlight Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. - Jeep Wrangler Forum, just look to Defiant Systems thread on his custom mirrors for going doorless to see the success that could be had there. Run a special going into the winter for Forum members, I bet you get a ton of response... just an idea.

Bullethead 03-01-2013 11:45 AM

I guess nothing more came from this? Would love to see a video. I am in Maryland don't get me wrong, but just starting out on my jeep. For me this would be a luxury expense rather then a need expense and thus thrown to the bottom of the list.

But it is still awesome!

jammock 03-13-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullethead (Post 3438346)
I guess nothing more came from this? Would love to see a video. I am in Maryland don't get me wrong, but just starting out on my jeep. For me this would be a luxury expense rather then a need expense and thus thrown to the bottom of the list.

But it is still awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtjohn (Post 2845109)
How about posting up to youtube? The previous poster is in Nevada (according to the profile) and though I'm in VA it's still pretty far away to see a demo. You might want to join the Vendor spotlight Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. - Jeep Wrangler Forum, just look to Defiant Systems thread on his custom mirrors for going doorless to see the success that could be had there. Run a special going into the winter for Forum members, I bet you get a ton of response... just an idea.

Sorry folks, I am just seeing these posts. What would you like a video of?

jammock 03-13-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtjohn (Post 2845109)

VTJohn: I live in VA. If you live near DC and want a demo, let's set one up. I'll drive.

James

myquite 03-13-2013 05:03 PM

would like to see a video of someone getting in and out of it.

vtjohn 03-14-2013 04:21 AM

Wifey bought a tan spidershade for the Jeep ( I like to think it was for me, but she wanted the sun off our 5 year old this Spring), but I do appreciate the offer. I think you'll go far with the product, would be cool to have for watching fireworks July 4th...

myquite 03-14-2013 02:17 PM

agreed on the fireworks.

jammock 03-14-2013 06:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by myquite (Post 3499490)
would like to see a video of someone getting in and out of it.

I don't have a video, but I have a picture gallery. And yes, it is perfect for fireworks or just relaxing with your honey.

jammock 03-16-2013 11:19 AM

We had a winner in our Jammock Spring Contest! Jim from New York posted a great picture of himself carrying his beautiful bride over his running boards and into a new life of trails and mud. Check it out at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jammo...51951441504657

cyclone88 04-08-2013 07:34 AM

Digging this thread back up - I finally had a chance to get out and enjoy the warm weather over the weekend, and brought my Jammock me. My buddy got one as well after I told him about it, and I wanted to share some thoughts.

Basically, it's awesome. Yeah, you could bring a folding chair or regular hammock. But there's something much more enjoyable about being able to climb up on top of the Jeep and just hang out in the sun. It installs ridiculously easily, just takes a couple of minutes, and then it stays in place. Acts as a great sunshade while still keeping the open air feel. Not much more that needs to be said - it's just really comfortable, super simple, and very convenient. It's not a full sized hammock, and I never expected to be able to spend an entire night in it, but it's more than comfortable enough to take a nap in or just relax for a while. James (the inventor) was great to deal with as well, USPS had a bit of a snafu and he sent a new one out no questions asked.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-G...2/IMG_1935.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N...2/IMG_1927.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n...2/IMG_1924.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o...o/IMG_1940.JPG

Some action shots of getting in. Note the cargo rack - he said it was actually comfortable up there draped over the rack, or you can just stretch out parallel to the Jeep and it's still nice!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5...2/IMG_1928.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R...2/IMG_1929.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-z...2/IMG_1930.JPG

jammock 04-08-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclone88 (Post 3608525)
Digging this thread back up - I finally had a chance to get out and enjoy the warm weather over the weekend, and brought my Jammock me. My buddy got one as well after I told him about it, and I wanted to share some thoughts.

Basically, it's awesome. Yeah, you could bring a folding chair or regular hammock. But there's something much more enjoyable about being able to climb up on top of the Jeep and just hang out in the sun. It installs ridiculously easily, just takes a couple of minutes, and then it stays in place. Acts as a great sunshade while still keeping the open air feel. Not much more that needs to be said - it's just really comfortable, super simple, and very convenient. It's not a full sized hammock, and I never expected to be able to spend an entire night in it, but it's more than comfortable enough to take a nap in or just relax for a while. James (the inventor) was great to deal with as well, USPS had a bit of a snafu and he sent a new one out no questions asked.

Cyclone88: Do you mind if I screenshot this and add it to our reviews/user submitted pictures page?

Here: Reviews - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.
And here: User Submitted Photos - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.

Thanks for the nice review, glad you and your friend like it!

~James

cyclone88 04-08-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammock (Post 3609053)
Cyclone88: Do you mind if I screenshot this and add it to our reviews/user submitted pictures page?

Here: Reviews - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.
And here: User Submitted Photos - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.

Thanks for the nice review, glad you and your friend like it!

~James

Go for it James! Internet = public domain, enjoy :thumb:

-Lucas

jammock 04-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclone88 (Post 3609221)
Go for it James! Internet = public domain, enjoy :thumb:

-Lucas

Yeah, I know, but it's better to err on the side of caution and not presume too much. It goes against the Army maxim: "It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission," but what can I say, I've matured. I'll post this evening. Thanks!

~James

cyclone88 04-08-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammock (Post 3609260)
Yeah, I know, but it's better to err on the side of caution and not presume too much. It goes against the Army maxim: "It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission," but what can I say, I've matured. I'll post this evening. Thanks!

~James

Yep, no worries, thanks for asking! Happy to help.

jammock 04-09-2013 02:30 PM

Cyclone88: your pics and review are up:
User Submitted Photos - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep. Reviews - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.

Also! I got a new Jeep last week.

Thoughts? New Ride 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Saharicon - Jammock: it's a hammock for your Jeep.

Newtomejeep 04-25-2013 08:30 AM

Just ordered a jammock, can't wait to try it out!