Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   ACE Rock Slider Install Help (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/ace-rock-slider-install-help-186889.html)

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 06:17 PM

ACE Rock Slider Install Help

I know that there are several threads about these, some with install help. But so far I havent been able to find an answer to my question.

Installing on an 06 Wrangler X.

First where do the spacer pieces that come in the box with the rails go?

And secondly, do these mount via the bolts that hold the tub to the frame? If so, mine have bushings between the bolts and the frame, do you leave the bushing inbetween the rails and the the frame when installed?

Looks like a quality product, I just wish they came with/provided some kind of instructions. Not even available on their website.

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is the bushing that i dont see on any of the install pics

Attachment 159893

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
but seeing as this is how it looks without the bushing im assuming you use the bushing in the install. that just seems like it would lead to a less than solid mount.

Attachment 159894

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 07:14 PM

Just realized the PO put in a body lift :doh:

Didn't realize that when I bought it from the dealership.

Now I really have no idea how to install these, I'm guess I might need a longer bolt?

Any help would be appreciated

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 07:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is my best guess as far as install goes.

Attachment 159898

but im not sure if the bolt will reach in far enough.
Attachment 159899

is there a safety factor here or is it good to go as long as it catches and tightes down?

Patrick H 09-13-2012 07:35 PM

I don't see a body lift.:confused:

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick H (Post 2790078)
I don't see a body lift.:confused:

Is that not what the puck is that is between the tub and the frame?

I was assuming thats what it was because it looks to lift the tub off of the frame and I didnt see it on any other install picks. You can see what I'm talking about in the first picture of the bushing.

Its entirely possible I'm wrong. I really know next to nothing about anything underneath a car body - this whole thing has been a learning experience.

Sccrbrg 09-13-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sccrbrg (Post 2790096)
Is that not what the puck is that is between the tub and the frame?

I was assuming thats what it was because it looks to lift the tub off of the frame and I didnt see it on any other install picks. You can see what I'm talking about in the first picture of the bushing.

Its entirely possible I'm wrong. I really know next to nothing about anything underneath a car body - this whole thing has been a learning experience.

Alright, turns out that google was my friend on this one. I guess thats just a stock body mount.

So, dont need bolts, but am still no closer to figuring this out because Im coming up massive short on bolt length.