Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Here's What I got...What should I do to it? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/heres-what-i-got-what-should-i-do-to-it-187602.html)

astauff1 09-17-2012 03:13 PM

Here's What I got...What should I do to it?

1 Attachment(s)
What's up guys. Here is my 06 Wrangler sport. Just recently got it and have only made minor upgrades such as flares, speakers, and hood scoop. I think it looks BA but I am always looking to make it better. It has no lift and 31's. Spit any ideas to make it sicker!!! Thanks!!

astauff1 09-17-2012 03:16 PM

I am going suspension lift next. I was thinking about the RC 2.5 Suspension Lift?

609Paintball 09-17-2012 03:17 PM

It's all personal preference and what you're gonna do with it. Like if it's an everyday driver or an off road toy, your options could be quite different. Take a look through the sticky's to see what others have done and go from there. So far you have a sweet looking Jeep that's for sure. :thumb:

astauff1 09-17-2012 03:21 PM

It's a DD for now but I am looking to take her off road in the future. Thanks!

Irongrave 09-17-2012 03:28 PM

where in PA are ya? I would personally call up Zach at AtoZ fab (they are in PA) for a nice set of bumpers and rockers.

astauff1 09-17-2012 03:43 PM

near Reading and yea rockers are on the list too. Just need to pay off school too, which is getting in the way :)

astauff1 09-17-2012 03:44 PM

Any comments on the 2.5" RC lift?

WeekenderATX 09-17-2012 04:50 PM

I just did the 2.5in RC lift and love the look. We warned- its really stiff! I've read on here you're better off with OME or Rancho shocks for more supple ride. Mines not a DD, so stiff doesn't bother me. :-)

Irongrave 09-17-2012 05:03 PM

I'm not a fan of RC products if your only going with 2inches just do a simple BB spacer lift with good shocks. And if your in Reading your not far at all from AtoZ fab he's just north of Cabela's

thedaringmove 09-17-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave
I'm not a fan of RC products if your only going with 2inches just do a simple BB spacer lift with good shocks. And if your in Reading your not far at all from AtoZ fab he's just north of Cabela's

I agree with that. If you want to stay away from spacers do the zone 3". It's a step up in quality from RC. Price goes up some too though :/

astauff1 09-17-2012 06:47 PM

I want a lift that would not require any other mods except for what comes with the kit. Would I need to change anything else if I go with a 3" zone lift? THanks

Stanton Tucker 09-17-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astauff1
What's up guys. Here is my 06 Wrangler sport. Just recently got it and have only made minor upgrades such as flares, speakers, and hood scoop. I think it looks BA but I am always looking to make it better. It has no lift and 31's. Spit any ideas to make it sicker!!! Thanks!!

Rock sliders, front and rear bumpers ;)

thedaringmove 09-17-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astauff1
I want a lift that would not require any other mods except for what comes with the kit. Would I need to change anything else if I go with a 3" zone lift? THanks

From what I've read I understand it's pretty complete. Most people would recommend you get a steering stabilizer as well and the kit doesn't come with it. It's not required