Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   05 TJ stock flares, dark Khaki (AL) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/05-tj-stock-flares-dark-khaki-al-18790.html)

juspimpin 05-25-2008 07:29 PM

05 TJ stock flares, dark Khaki (AL)

Ebay auction #270240640531

I can end early if needed. Should have done this first but...reply or pm me if interested. Last few auctions have sold for 110-140 shipped which is what my buy it now is.

Vector6 05-26-2008 05:47 AM

your shipping is kinda wack isnt it? :rolleyes:

juspimpin 05-26-2008 10:21 AM

Last time I put a $ in a post, you had to comment and here you are again...just don't get it. Let me take the time to enlighten you...

Ebay is an online auction place that charges money based on auction insertion and final value. Shipping is not included in final assessment. Increasing shipping saves final value assessment thus reducing cost of auction.
It does not matter to bidder where $ goes...$1 for item and $100 to ship or 100 with 1 for shipping...costs buyer the same...

Smeghead 05-26-2008 10:29 AM

you have been told Vector :bottom: LOL

Vector6 05-26-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 232354)
you have been told Vector :bottom: LOL

yes, i have been told... thats fer sure.... :flipoff:

not the first time either...

probably not the last....

I just know im not buying his flares now.... i need a set... just not his... his shipping is OUTRAGEOUS ! plus i need to look back and see where I insulted him in the past... and make mental note to BUMP his for sale threads in the future...

BTW.... thanks for explaining ebay for me... since like you, ive only been using ebay since 2003... the tip will come in handy im sure...

:blunt:

spread the love... !

scooter18155 05-26-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juspimpin (Post 232353)
Last time I put a $ in a post, you had to comment and here you are again...just don't get it. Let me take the time to enlighten you...

Ebay is an online auction place that charges money based on auction insertion and final value. Shipping is not included in final assessment. Increasing shipping saves final value assessment thus reducing cost of auction.
It does not matter to bidder where $ goes...$1 for item and $100 to ship or 100 with 1 for shipping...costs buyer the same...

uhm dude shipping costs are for exactly that shipping and most people look at that. most people including me see exagerated shipping and generally stay away from those auctions. why is this you may ask? ill tell you why cause in most cases the seller is just trying to pad his wallet and in most cases does not work out well for the buyer. this hurts you. why? cause less people are interested in bidding or buying from you for this reason.

please dont take what i said personally or anything. im not trying to bash you or saying 110-140 bucks isnt fair for your flairs just trying to say your method even though might be true in the way you put it actually does you worse then keeping shipping reasonable. any ebay fees aernt all that expensive. how much are you exactly saving due to that? 2 or 3 bucks? not worth it in my opinion.

Smeghead 05-26-2008 11:53 PM

In his defence anyone who isnt stupid considers the price+shipping as a single total. 1$+49 shipping is the same as $50+free shipping.
But the perception you create by doing a high shipping price is one of trickery and it will put off alot of people.
I got 34,000 feedback and in my experience its not worth the savings to do it that way, people get put off by the shipping even if they are getting the stuff for a stupidly low price.

juspimpin 05-27-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 232603)
In his defence anyone who isnt stupid considers the price+shipping as a single total. 1$+49 shipping is the same as $50+free shipping.
But the perception you create by doing a high shipping price is one of trickery and it will put off alot of people.
I got 34,000 feedback and in my experience its not worth the savings to do it that way, people get put off by the shipping even if they are getting the stuff for a stupidly low price.

True, it pissed off vector already.

Vector-you replied on the speedo gear too, that was where it started, and that one was free shipping.

I got a request for 2 int'l quotes today so I figured them. Fedex wants $197 to ship to Latvia. Box is oversized which is not helping.

Either way, they are outta my garage come auction end.

Vector6 05-27-2008 06:09 PM

where the hell is latvia... ? :confused:

dude im not pissed at anyone... well maybe still at my lawyer from my last divorce....

seriously... theres no ill feelings on my end.

Smeghead 05-27-2008 08:26 PM

I'm a loser. :)

juspimpin 05-27-2008 08:30 PM

cool...lavia is west of russia and north of poland...at least one jeep there...

3 requests from Canada already...favorable exchange rate I guess

juspimpin 05-27-2008 08:31 PM

ya..its there...

scooter18155 05-27-2008 08:51 PM

yup theres no ill will or anything intended in what i said. Was just trying to explain how many ebayers see exagerated shipping fees as a bad thing is all in case he wasnt thinking of it in that way. He is right about the shipping not being included in ebays assesment for fees. however ebays cut isnt all that much so your gain in doing that is minimal at best. i sold something for $540 and their cut was $20 figure the math is 3.7% so your $55 in shipping saves you a whole $1.75. now i know that $ is as good in your pocket as ebays but is it worth one or more people passing on your auction due to the fact they see an inflated shipping rate especially if its an auction style listing as oposed to buy it now. anyways good luck with your sale.

juspimpin 05-30-2008 03:23 PM

sold...please remove