Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Big day in court (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/big-day-in-court-187976.html)

greenhead17 09-19-2012 10:21 AM

Big day in court
 
Well guys today is my big day in traffic court. For those who havent read the previous threads it for riding with my doors off here in pennsylvania. Wish me luck. Hearing is at 230pm.

Randens Rubi 09-19-2012 10:36 AM

Good luck!!

DrewG 09-19-2012 10:37 AM

Hey, good luck, man - fighting the good fight!

jasongind 09-19-2012 10:43 AM

UPS and other delivery trucks don't/can't drive with there doors off their either?

Did you get anywhere with the petition?

fourty4magjr 09-19-2012 10:44 AM

Good luck man! Give em hell! :thumb:

Peepers 09-19-2012 10:54 AM

Good luck!

4cylToy 09-19-2012 10:57 AM

I did not know you couldnt ride with doors off in PA.. Good to know since i live close to the line!

Good luck!

lolpetewtf 09-19-2012 11:01 AM

Fascist pricks. Good luck. You will be fine.

Rolly32 09-19-2012 11:01 AM

Show up to court in the doorless jeep :thumb:




I'll consider myself lucky since in my neck of the woods in Texas, they have other bigger priorities to worry about than stopping doorless jeepers. Heck I even took my doors off last week and a state trooper passed me in his crown vic and waved! I was baffled because I thought he was going to turn around and pull me over. I have never been stopped for having my doors off knock on wood :wavey:

fourty4magjr 09-19-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4cylToy (Post 2808465)
I did not know you couldnt ride with doors off in PA.. Good to know since i live close to the line!

Good luck!

Ive been driving mine with no top and doors for a couple years now with no problem here in PA. Also drove from Erie to Pittsburgh without doors and top this summer and no problem. They don't even look twice. The op just got the one cop who wasn't in a good mood lol:)

greenhead17 09-19-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourty4magjr

Ive been driving mine with no top and doors for a couple years now with no problem here in PA. Also drove from Erie to Pittsburgh without doors and top this summer and no problem. They don't even look twice. The op just got the one cop who wasn't in a good mood lol:)

This guys never in a good mood. Same state trooper pulled me over 3xs
1 for tires past flairs so i removed spacers
2 warning for doors.
3 citation for doorS

chevy2169 09-19-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhead17 (Post 2808661)
This guys never in a good mood. Same state trooper pulled me over 3xs
1 for tires past flairs so i removed spacers
2 warning for doors.
3 citation for doorS

He probably drives an H3. What a d*** move.

kyjeep 09-19-2012 12:02 PM

Interested to hear the outcome.

greenhead17 09-19-2012 12:03 PM

I will follow up after the hearing

Jeep_guy3 09-19-2012 12:09 PM

Question, seeing as you were warned for the doors, why not put the doors back on until you were able to get an interpretation of the law from a judge, then carry that as proof for the next time this trooper pulled you over for it and avoid this whole mess? I like riding topless and doorless as much as any jeeper, but when a cop warns you that your not in compliance with the law, your playing with fire trying to show him up.

Not saying what happened to you was right, but as you can tell, police can and will write you up for tedious BS when they feel your disrespecting them, it's sad but it's the country we live in, we give these jobs to power hungry people every once in a while. Hope you win your case.

Jerry Bransford 09-19-2012 12:09 PM

Make sure the judge understands that Jeep specifically made the Wrangler so its doors could be removed and left off while driving, just like some vehicles can have their tops removed. Heck you can even offer your Owners Manual as evidence where it explains how to disable the interior lights when the doors are off.

fourty4magjr 09-19-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 2808724)
Make sure the judge understands that Jeep specifically made the Wrangler so its doors could be removed and left off while driving, just like some vehicles can have their tops removed. Heck you can even offer your Owners Manual as evidence where it explains how to disable the interior lights when the doors are off.

X2! Can show him the sticker on the top that says they only offer protection from the elements.

CaelinT 09-19-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourty4magjr (Post 2808752)
X2! Can show him the sticker on the top that says they only offer protection from the elements.

I can just see it now, some d*** outlawing jeeps because of this.. even though they prove to be safer then some other vehicles.

sp33dfr33k 09-19-2012 12:33 PM

Good luck, hope it goes well !

HogginJeep 09-19-2012 12:38 PM

Yeah here in SC the law reads all body parts must be inside vehicle at all times when in motion. I got a warning because my foot slipped off my peg with a cop side me. Didn't have anything to do with the doors.

They have a law about the tires being out side the flares? That's crazy.

crallscars 09-19-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogginJeep (Post 2808807)
Yeah here in SC the law reads all body parts must be inside vehicle at all times when in motion. I got a warning because my foot slipped off my peg with a cop side me. Didn't have anything to do with the doors.

They have a law about the tires being out side the flares? That's crazy.


I drove one of my classic cars thru Nebraska and was told by a shop that my tires/wheels would not pass their annual inspection and that if an officer was board he could write me for it. Tires have to be covered in many states, most don't enforce it.

Jsboening 09-19-2012 12:47 PM

Why don't motorcycles need doors and seat belts? Wtf.

Border Dave 09-19-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsboening (Post 2808846)
Why don't motorcycles need doors and seat belts? Wtf.

Because then they wouldn't be able to call them "motorcycles." They'd call them "cars."

brs2427 09-19-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhead17
Well guys today is my big day in traffic court. For those who havent read the previous threads it for riding with my doors off here in pennsylvania. Wish me luck. Hearing is at 230pm.

Good luck let us know how it turns out

miketx 09-19-2012 01:35 PM

Good luck! (guess you are in court now, since it's 2:34p). Give us a blow-by-blow transcript when you get back.

fourty4magjr 09-19-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketx (Post 2809021)
Good luck! (guess you are in court now, since it's 2:34p). Give us a blow-by-blow transcript when you get back.

X2 hope all is going well lol :popcorn:

Tech-D 09-19-2012 01:49 PM

WOW! I hope the Judge sides with you. I live in PA and I'm about to purchase a Jeep and I wanted to ride with the top down and doors off but it looks like I won't be able to.

Coastiejeep 09-19-2012 01:50 PM

Good Luck, looking forward to seeing the outcome.

SmugglersBlues 09-19-2012 01:54 PM

I had no idea you couldnt ride with the doors off in PA. I was just thinking it would be great if the judge he gets owns a Jeep lol.

lwszabo 09-19-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhead17

This guys never in a good mood. Same state trooper pulled me over 3xs
1 for tires past flairs so i removed spacers
2 warning for doors.
3 citation for doorS

^ this will not help your case, I mean he did warn you 2x before he started writing you tickets....good luck though, I always have my doors off!!! Post your results!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.