Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

what color is your jeep? and are u happy

214K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  DHart 
#1 ·
i got my jeep in Dec. its a 2012 JK sport. i wanted Yellow but everyone talked me out of the color so it was down to White or Black. and i went with Black. because in the end i was the better price and the dealership could find one with the things I wanted on it like hard top only and side steps. it was tough finding it in NY for somereason.

i love the black only think i think it needs or might do is get black rims but for now its pretty sweet. i do wonder if white would have been better but oh well black is cool. my next jeep in 3 -5 years will be white or silver or yellow. so its cool to start out as my frist ever jeep in Black

#7 ·
I have a 2012 JK in Grey. I test drove the white and while we were haggling over the price I decided that I wanted the grey as it isnt as popular of a color ( so I thought ). I see about 10 silver jeeps a day. I see them in the magazines.

I really wanted Black but South Florida is to hot for that color. All in all I love my jeep.

#8 ·
When I think Jeep, I think green.
My Jeep... Jeep green.
The dealer tried to talk me into every other color they had in stock, but I said no thank you, so they brought one in on the back of a semi from the next province.(at their expense).
I love the green metallic with the kahki tops.

#502 ·
YUP, The DCR's sure look sharp! I was waiting for another color and one that had all the year end discounts when the dealer informed me he located my DCR, and it was only a couple of hours away so....long story short, I bought it. Couldn't be happier!
You might find this interesting. I just read a story regarding a university study done regarding Jeep owners and their choice of color for their ride. As it turns out the owners who chose a Deep Cherry Red Jeep were smarter, stronger, handsomer, faster, had extremely higher testosterone levels, were more well endowed and were overall far superior and advanced beings to the owners of any other colors, ever, in the history of Jeep. It recommended that only they be chosen to lead all others to a new age of enlightenment. I know this is true 'cause it was on the Interweb.
(Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!)

#13 ·
Mine - Sahara Tan
Hers - Mango Tango
both very happy with colors. At first, we did not like the mango tango when we first saw it at the dealership. After looking at it closer and seeing the color change depending on the light it really grew on us. She gets more compliments on color than I do.

#772 ·
Love my new '13 True Blue Pearlcoat!! Was looking to buy black or cherry red but the more I saw thiis, the more I wanted it!!

Mine's white but I really like that color!

#19 ·
My Dad bought a new CJ-5 way back in 1972. The Jeep was bright orange, I was 12 years old at the time, and that Jeep was the coolest Jeep in the whole world. It took Jeep 40 years to build them in that exact same color again, without ruining it with too much metalic, or metal flake. I snagged one as soon as I saw Orange Crush in person. I'm thinking I'll keep this Jeep for a good long time.

#20 ·
I originally wanted yellow, then white, then decided on flame red. Turns out, I absolutely love the red - definitely the right color for me. The orange & the gecko, in particular, do catch my eye whenever I see them - but I'm pretty sure I would've grown tired of those colors eventually (that's just me). But somehow, I don't think I'll ever tire of the red. It just seems ... right.

#21 ·
Mine - 2012 JKU Rubicon, Silver Metallic
Hers - 2011 JKU Sport S, Black

I had a Sahara Tan and wanted that color again (doesn't show the water spots), but they dropped it early in the 2012 model year, so I went with Silver. She loves her 2011, but hates to chamois it after washing, and believe me, you have to (as with any other black vehicle).

#23 ·
I bought a black 2008 Unlimited because that's what they had in Reno. I didn't like any of the other colors on the lot at the time. I loved my Wrangler, but I was always thinking about getting it painted green. I even priced it out. $1000 with the four door wells painted too.

Now I'm getting a commando green 2013. I hope I like the color. Getting it painted later won't cost much more than losing my deposit, so if I end up not liking it, it's a wash and I'll get to pick the exact color green I want -- maybe even get it in matte.

Deep Cherry Red would be the only other color for me right now.

#26 ·
I originally had a used 2007 X in rescue green that I picked up in June 2011. Awesome color, but wanted a jeep from new for my own! So when I heard that Gecko was coming out this past February I placed an order for a sport. Wimped out and tired of waiting for 8 weeks I ended up taking a Black Forest Green Sahara off the lot.

Long story short, BFG is nice but don't regret giving up the gecko. At the same time, the BFG is way too dark for my preference. Opposite of Gecko! Too much! Where is Rescue or Jeep green? =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.