Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Chip/Tuner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-chip-tuner-188700.html)

Socc3rakd25 09-22-2012 08:45 PM

2011 Chip/Tuner

I know Superchips refuses to release any relevant information as far as tuners for the 2011 JKs. Does anyone know of good tuners for the 2011 models if there are any??? Any info appreciated:surrender:

Token-MSJ 09-22-2012 08:54 PM

Can't speak for Superchips, but I was at Hypertech a week or few ago and at this time no one has cracked the 2011 or 2012 ECM encryption.

However.. There are certain areas of the shop that were off limits to visitors right now due to a few SEMA secrets they are working on.. That said, if anyone has recently cracked the encryptions, they are not going to announce it until SEMA in November..

Socc3rakd25 09-22-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Token-MSJ (Post 2819835)
Can't speak for Superchips, but I was at Hypertech a week or few ago and at this time no one has cracked the 2011 or 2012 ECM encryption.

However.. There are certain areas of the shop that were off limits to visitors right now due to a few SEMA secrets they are working on.. That said, if anyone has recently cracked the encryptions, they are not going to announce it until SEMA in November..

Been waiting over 2 years for a performance chip, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up:(

WXman 09-23-2012 01:33 PM

Not going to happen. The Bosch rolling code ECU changes every time the key is turned on. Cracking it for programming is almost impossible.

ohioviper 09-23-2012 01:35 PM

In the world of software nothing is impossible . The crack is coming soon.

WXman 09-23-2012 04:50 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Every major tuning company has avoided it like the plague despite the JK being one of the hottest selling SUVs in the country. That says it all. Two years now and nothing. It's not going to happen.

exodus 09-23-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXman (Post 2821333)
Not going to happen. The Bosch rolling code ECU changes every time the key is turned on. Cracking it for programming is almost impossible.

It's often not about cracking the encryption; but finding an exploit that lets you get in.

I'm not saying that it's going to happen, I'm just saying that encryption isn't what they usually try to crack -- it's sloppy code. That's what hackers have used to get into things like the Direct TV cards and smart phone locked bootloaders.

Of course, I've never looked at the system so there could be something I don't know.

ohioviper 09-23-2012 07:59 PM

This is not exclusive to the wrangler but to my knowledge all newer Chrysler ,Dodge, Jeep are afflicted with this protection. Once they crack it it will work on all models. There are many people at work on this for the Ram truck and Challenger . I have a 2012 RAM sport that I have been waiting for this crack.

doclouie 09-23-2012 08:20 PM

Most companies reflash the bios with new programming, which normally is cheaper and easier, but can void your warranty. The only company I know of that does things differently is Edge Products, (Which owns Superchips). They take the different signals and manipulate them to what they want them to do. Quite a bit more costly, but it works. I had heard they were working on the new JK, but do not have contacts there anymore as many of the engineers have moved on. It is worth a shot to check as the way they do things no encryption needs to be hacked. Oh yea and when you buy any Edge Products or Superchips products you receive a unit that is 100% built in America. I know Edge mostly does diesel stuff, but I know they are branching out to different markets. Oh yea just an FYI, MSD Ignitions owns Edge Products. Not all of MSDs products are made in the USA.