Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   cd player err message (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/cd-player-err-message-188783.html)

tonhon 09-23-2012 11:34 AM

cd player err message

Hello all, I just joined the forum and have been reading all morning. Lots of great info for a newbie TJ owner, We just got a 02 Wangler X and are having a ball ordering accessories and playing. Next step is to replace existing speakers and have found what I want online. Was getting ready to order them but went out this morning to take a ride with the doors off and when I put the cd in I got an err message and the thing kicked it out. I tried a few others and even the cd cleaner, but same results. The only thing that has changed since last use of player is we took the doors off last night to find out the dome light stayed on. I searched this site and took the fuse out till I can get the switch. Can't see how that could affect the cd player, the radio still works fine. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears. Would rather keep the existing stereo and just change the speakers but if I have too I suppose a new radio unit is in my future. Thanks in advance, and thanks for a great forum, Tony

Jaba04 09-23-2012 12:13 PM

I have been having a similar issue for the last several years. The CD player wouldn't play if it was too cold and then there were times where I didn't have problems at all. I'm thinking that its just worn out; I've tried all the fixes you have but finally broke down last week and just got a new head unit.

janosik81 09-23-2012 04:25 PM

same with my cd player, i think all of them are piece of junk, i heard it's normal that those players dont read burned audio cds, only original, but mine sometimes read original sometimes not...

i'm glad that here in long island NY, we have 102.3 WBAB what i listen all the time..

Hunt-n-Jeep 09-25-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonhon (Post 2821120)
Hello all, I just joined the forum and have been reading all morning. Lots of great info for a newbie TJ owner, We just got a 02 Wangler X and are having a ball ordering accessories and playing. Next step is to replace existing speakers and have found what I want online. Was getting ready to order them but went out this morning to take a ride with the doors off and when I put the cd in I got an err message and the thing kicked it out. I tried a few others and even the cd cleaner, but same results. The only thing that has changed since last use of player is we took the doors off last night to find out the dome light stayed on. I searched this site and took the fuse out till I can get the switch. Can't see how that could affect the cd player, the radio still works fine. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears. Would rather keep the existing stereo and just change the speakers but if I have too I suppose a new radio unit is in my future. Thanks in advance, and thanks for a great forum, Tony

Time for a new stereo.

For only a moderate cost, you can get a significant upgrade in sound + power. Installing yourself makes it even cheaper and is not difficult. If you happen to buy from Crutchfield, they even provide step-by-step illustrated instructions and have tech support people (who actually know what they are talking about) available by phone to help if needed.