Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   brake rotors and brakes (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/brake-rotors-and-brakes-18901.html)

foxinthemudd 05-30-2008 10:57 AM

brake rotors and brakes
 
Ok guys I need help I know nothing about brakes and rotors except on how to change them. I need to replace both my front rotors and brakes so I'm looking at these for the rotors but I need help deciding if these will work with my 15" wheels.

http://autosportstyle.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=54779{4}17



I also need to know what kind of brakes I need or will work with these rotors.

thanks for the help again guys!:D

MOz 05-30-2008 11:10 AM

Sorry, but I have a stupid question: What is wrong with your stock set up?

MOz 05-30-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 233444)
Ok guys I need help I know nothing about brakes and rotors except on how to change them. I need to replace both my front rotors and brakes so I'm looking at these for the rotors but I need help deciding if these will work with my 15" wheels.

http://autosportstyle.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=54779{4}17



I also need to know what kind of brakes I need or will work with these rotors.

thanks for the help again guys!:D

I checked out the rotors.... Assuming your Jeep is in the range for the application, they should work fine. However, the mud may get into the slots if you go off-roading and that would kind of be counter-productive to the design. Slotted rotors could be handy for a DD application.

richp 05-30-2008 11:47 AM

Yea, I've seen slotted rotors get a rock stuck in them and rout out the pads pretty quick.... Just go with wagner STEEL rotors, not composite.

KicknJeep 05-30-2008 10:26 PM

As stated above do not go with slotted rotors as they do hold dirt,mud,sand and even small rocks. If you need more stopping power there are setups with multi calipers that should do the trick. And hows your training going?

AzTJ 05-30-2008 11:23 PM

Drilled and or slotted rotors are for racing applications only. Although the might help in the very slightest times that you have to slam on the brakes, they really are more of a pain in the rear than anything on a vehicle like ours.

4.0l sahara 05-31-2008 08:32 AM

With todays modern pads that give off little to no gases slotyed rotors are more for looks and don't do much till high speeds. But if you really want great brake pads buy some HAWK HPS street racing pads they wera very well and have little dust. They also stop awsome compaired to your average pad but are around 80$ for one pair. Just a thought?:D

foxinthemudd 06-01-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOz (Post 233451)
Sorry, but I have a stupid question: What is wrong with your stock set up?

my stock ones are warped so I need a new set-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknJeep (Post 233566)
As stated above do not go with slotted rotors as they do hold dirt,mud,sand and even small rocks. If you need more stopping power there are setups with multi calipers that should do the trick. And hows your training going?

I'll go with some regular ones I just need to figure out what to go with.


Training is going great I'm actually working now in the jail which is alot of fun. I'm accelling past all the other recuits and my FTO said that I should be moved to the last training phase! :D but I'm not bragging or anything...:cool:

foxinthemudd 06-01-2008 04:55 PM

how about these. they look pretty good. rockauto is selling the pair for like $80.

RAYBESTOS Part # 780444

foxinthemudd 06-05-2008 10:41 AM

no one with yay or nay on these?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.